9/20 - COMPLETED ..........weekly, monthly challenges
    9/21 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/22 - COMPLETED ..........weekly, monthly challenges
    9/23 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/24 - Protein with every meal
    9/25- No alcohol
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Sorry everyone, but I have to go MIA for a few days off of MFP. Grad school applications, GRE studying, and just overall stress will leave me with little time to log cals on MFP. I'll be looking at the challenges for the rest of the month and try my best to do each day's challenge and stick to my weekly/monthly.

It's just too much for me to handle at the moment to log everything that goes in my mouth.

I'm literally taking every minute of my day towards these applications.

Starting October 1, i'll be back, and I hope that we can continue doing this for all those that want to keep the challenge going. We can just repeat what we've done in Sept.

I'll check in every now and then on the Google docs spreadsheet and give myself the points I know I deserve, although I can't take credit for the dailies since I don't know my cals, I'll try to do the daily challenges anyways.

Talk soon everyone!

GOOD LUCK....will see you in october
  • Pam3
    WEEK FOUR - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/19 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly
    9/20 - COMPLETED daiy, weekly, monthly
    9/21 - COMPLETED, daily, weekly, monthly
    9/22 - daily NOT meet, COMPLETED weekly, monthly
    9/23 - daily NOT meet, weekly MEET, monthly NOT MEET
    9/24 - daily, weekly MEET, monthly NOT meet
    9/25- No alcohol
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/19 - Completed weekly, monthly.. failed Daily
    9/20 - Completed daily, weekly, monthly
    9/22 - Completed daily, weekly, monthly
    9/23 - Completed daily, weekly, monthly
    9/24 - Completed daily, failed weekly, failed monthly (meals consist of brkfst lunch and dinner...not snacks) (I had sugar...gah! and HFC)
    9/25- No alcohol
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    9/19 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/20 - COMPLETED ..........weekly, monthly challenges
    9/21 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/22 - COMPLETED ..........weekly, monthly challenges
    9/23 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/24 - COMPLETED daily, weekly......... challenges (I didnt eat my fruits. Why is fruit so difficult for me??)
    9/25- COMPLETED daily, weekly ..........challenges (I am eating more fat than I told myself I would. Fine calories but wrong foods.)
  • OSUalum
    Just putting a bug in your ears.....
    Next month I have a few big things going on and I don't plan to do any challenges.....BUT....
    With the leadership of LisaB.... we are setting up a Book Club/ Study Group. It will not begin until November and there will be not competition or points involved.
    The book is Made To Crave....in case any of you would like to join and get the book in advance.

As the dates get closer we'll send out updates.

Finish this month's food challenge strong everyone!
  • Just putting a bug in your ears.....
    Next month I have a few big things going on and I don't plan to do any challenges.....BUT....
    With the leadership of LisaB.... we are setting up a Book Club/ Study Group. It will not begin until November and there will be not competition or points involved.
    The book is Made To Crave....in case any of you would like to join and get the book in advance.

I am having a rough september for this challenge. but, I am IN for this book club!! I have the book, love the book and need to RE READ the book!!!!!!!
  • Pam3
    WEEK FOUR - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/19 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly
    9/20 - COMPLETED daiy, weekly, monthly
    9/22 - daily NOT meet, COMPLETED weekly, monthly
    9/23 - daily NOT meet, weekly MEET, monthly NOT MEET
    9/24 - daily, weekly MEET, monthly NOT meet
    9/25- COMPLETED daily, weekly monthly
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/19 - Completed weekly, monthly.. failed Daily
    9/20 - Completed daily, weekly, monthly
    9/22 - Completed daily, weekly, monthly
    9/23 - Completed daily, weekly, monthly
    9/24 - Completed daily, failed weekly, failed monthly (meals consist of brkfst lunch and dinner...not snacks) (I had sugar...gah! and HFC)
    9/25- completed all 3

Weight 187.3
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Just putting a bug in your ears.....

Yes indeed Beth and I will be co facilitators!!! If you are interested in finding out more about the book check it out at: http://madetocrave.org/

I will be away for a solid week in October, I felt I needed a rest for challenges yet know that December is a month that comes up quick with it's own set of challenges so I thought November would be perfect.

Pass it around and send along friend requests for anyone who is interested with "Made to Crave" some where in the request...

Lisa
  • Pam3
    WEEK FIVE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/5 - COMPLETED daily and weekly, NOT meet monthly
    9/6 - No Gluten -- Met this today
    9/7 - 140 oz water
    9/8 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/9 - No processed sugar
    9/10 - Protein with every meal
    9/11- No alcohol
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Hi everyone...

I signed up for this challenge at the start of the month but unfortunately my work became very busy and I have had trouble to find time to visit MFP. I have two young sons in my life as well - so they also come in before spending time online.

Having a bit of time today - i have come back to this thread and read through this forum
    it is GREAT to see the effort that everyone is putting in. Well done to all of you.

For myself - although I have not been logging in my progress in this challenge - i have been doing well this month.

I started the month after a 4-5 week plateau of limited weight loss (i was stuck on 84 kilos) - and luckily I started losing weight again.

I have just jumped on the scales and found that I am now 80 kilos - so that is a 1 kilo average loss per week (2.2 pounds) which is well above my expectations.

The best thing above all else is that for the last 2 weeks I have not been logging in my calories at all. Given that i have been busy with work - I have tried to "go solo" - and it seems to be working.

So impressed that you are all doing well with the challenge
  • Pam3
    WEEK FIVE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/26 - COMPLETED daily and weekly, NOT meet monthly
    9/27- COMPLETED daily and weekly, NOT meet monthly
    9/28- 140 oz water
    9/29-No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/30-No processed sugar
    10/1- Protein with every meal
    10/2- No alcohol
  • OSUalum
    WEEK FIVE
    DAILY CHALLENGES:

9/26 - COMPLETED .......weekly challenge
    9/27- COMPLETED .......weekly challenge
    9/28- No other beverage than water
    9/29- No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/30- No processed sugar
    10/2- No alcohol
  • WEEK FIVE
    DAILY CHALLENGES:

9/26 - none :(
    9/27- None :(
    9/28- No other beverage than water -- i will do this one for sure!
    9/29- No processed foods / 100% natural foods only -- and this one
    9/30- No processed sugar -- and this one.
    10/2- No alcohol

SOOOO sorry WOMR friends, I fell off the wagon hard :( I'm going to finish off the week strong though! :)
  • Pam3
    WEEK FIVE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/26 - COMPLETED daily and weekly, NOT meet monthly
    9/27- COMPLETED daily and weekly, NOT meet monthly
    9/28- COMPLETED daily and weekly, NOT meet monthly
    9/29- COMPLETED weekly, NOT meet daily nor monthly
    9/30-No processed sugar
    10/2- No alcohol
  • OSUalum
    9/26 - Completed .......weekly challenge
    9/27- Completed .......weekly challenge
    9/28- Completed daily,
    9/29- Did not complete any of my challenges :(
    9/30- No processed sugar
  • OSUalum
    Team of Weapons of Mass Destruction...

So our month long challenge ends after today. We've seen fellow members struggle, drop out and give up. But to those that have stayed and endured...CONGRATULATIONS!
    I think every single one of us has learned something from this. Many of us have had amazing success with other fitness challenges but found this food one to be quite difficult.

Please do not forget what you learned about yourself and your eating habits this month! Fitness is 20% exercise and 80% food intake. In order for any of us to take our goals to the next level we have to get a good hold on our eating. It is so much more that calories!

I personally have learned that I have a lot more triggers for eating than I ever thought. I get lazy and give in to temptations too easily due to social circumstances. I have started to read articles and a wonderful book to keep me motivated and learn more about my relationship with food. I encourage all of you to do some soul searching after this month.

In November I will be part of a book club. Made to Crave. If anyone has any interest, just let me know.
    Thanks to each and everyone of you who became my friend and source of inspiration this month! It means more to me than you will ever know.

Beth
  • Team of Weapons of Mass Destruction...

So our month long challenge ends after today. We've seen fellow members struggle, drop out and give up. But to those that have stayed and endured...CONGRATULATIONS!
    I think every single one of us has learned something from this. Many of us have had amazing success with other fitness challenges but found this food one to be quite difficult.

Please do not forget what you learned about yourself and your eating habits this month! Fitness is 20% exercise and 80% food intake. In order for any of us to take our goals to the next level we have to get a good hold on our eating. It is so much more that calories!

I personally have learned that I have a lot more triggers for eating than I ever thought. I get lazy and give in to temptations too easily due to social circumstances. I have started to read articles and a wonderful book to keep me motivated and learn more about my relationship with food. I encourage all of you to do some soul searching after this month.

In November I will be part of a book club. Made to Crave. If anyone has any interest, just let me know.
    Thanks to each and everyone of you who became my friend and source of inspiration this month! It means more to me than you will ever know.

Beth

Beth...you rock!!!! I'm so glad we are friends!

you are doing awesome!!!!
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Team of Weapons of Mass Destruction...

Beth

I am SOOO looking forward to this with you Beth! And while I bailed partway through thsi challenge...work got the better of my organization I did loose about 4 pounds this month. I am pleased with these results and plan on keeping going. I know that nutrition makes up for so much of our health and can see that it makes a huge difference to our functioning. My stomach is better when I cut out the crap. I do hope to continue with clean eating to get to my goal. I may make a few more changes along the way to help push forward and loose those last few pounds. I can't wait to be at my goal and maintain it!