🌻 🎃 October Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge🌻🎃🍂

jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,919 Member
Happy October, friends! Fall is in full swing, so it’s time to enjoy the kaleidoscope of colors and scenery. Take a walk on a nice day, and just get outside…and breathe in the woodsy scents of fall.

Whether you’re just starting with this group, or you’ve been here a while, we’re so glad you’re here on this journey with us.

Don’t forget the year long challenge as well: ❤️⭐️ 2024 Weekly Weigh-in Challenge ⭐️❤️

Happy October!🎃

Jill and the Gang

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,877 Member
    I'm in Jill. Thank you for continuing!
  • jm216
    edited September 28
    Hi! I’m Jill and I absolutely ❤️ this group of like-minded friends. If you’re here, then you’re our friend!

Welcome to October!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.☕️ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors 🌳 🍃🍂🍁… and the smell of fall. I don’t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this October are to:
    🍃Log daily- consistently and happily. This is the key to success.
    🍃Get outside and 🚶‍♀️or 💃🏻 inside
    🍃Enjoy the season
    🍃15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

It's time to get everything in sync this month. I'm no longer going through the motions. When I log...I lose weight. It takes time to build up consistency and momentum, but when it works, it's beautiful! Let’s go!

October 1:
  • jm216
    I'm in Jill. Thank you for continuing!
    We are a team… and we are in it together! ❤️🥰
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 388 Member
    Yay 🙌🏼 back for another month. My priorities have changed following an abnormal blood test suggesting kidney issues, thyroid problems and anaemia.Will be trying to eat more plant based food and hope to be able to exercise 4 x weekly minimum.
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 225 Member
    Hi. I’d like to join this challenge. I’m trying to get back to being fit. I have two young kids and haven’t really focused on myself for a very long time. My goals for October are to eat healthy and be consistent with exercise.
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 86 Member
    edited September 30
    Hi Everyone! So glad October is here! Here is to cooler weather and less stress. We got this!!
  • jm216
    rvb9rqs4h8eg.jpeg
    A new month and a fresh start!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,994 Member
    edited September 30
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:142
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL:135

Wishing everyone the best with this challenge! 🌻
  • MrsMartin2412
    MrsMartin2412 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m in!! Thank you!
  • FaZizzle
    FaZizzle Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in! Let's goooooooooo!
  • Eliza6029
    Eliza6029 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. Starting at 214 lbs :( 63 ywars young.
    I have a one hour session with a PT Mondays and Thursdays. I'm going to log everything every day! I will be thrilled with 6 lbs by end of October.
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 86 Member
    Hi,

I'm Cindy. I am 5'4" just turned 51. Have a wonderful husband of 27 years and a soon to be 19 year old daughter.

Happy October!

September was a not so great month with a gain of 1.6 lbs. October will be better.

July starting weight : 164.2
    October Starting weight : 158.2
    Goal : 154

October 1st : 158.2
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,848 Member
    edited October 1
    Hi I'm Darlene. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

I start this month with a different perspective - I just annouced that I am calling 140 pounds my goal weight and as I write am just a 1/2 pound away from reaching that goal. I will make it this round. I couldn't have done it without this group. I have been here since April 2023 - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a very special place in my heart. I want to thank a couple special people that have been here since the beginning of my journey - first and foremost @jm216 for setting this up each and every month and showing everyone that you should never ever give up. And then @deepwoodslady - listen to her - she gives fantastic advice. Always knows what to say to make you stay strong. You have both been my rock! 💗

There have been many other people that I met in this group that through their strength, persistance, and accomplishments that have also touch me - I probably will miss some - but also thank you @cattherien @ozdeelite @koeitjiesa @cinw1501 @jo_casey42 who have been with us the past few months and from all the other rounds that I have been through (I may have been ddainiak in my past life) @39flavours @Buckeyebabe7l7 @gomifune @joans1976 @BittersweetVita @andreajlnhe - I hope you are all doing well - just wanted to let you know I am making it to my goal and that you have all made a difference in my life.

For all the new people - trust the process - it's ok if you stumble along the way - just keep going and you WILL get there.

Thank you!
    Darlene

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,848 Member
    edited October 1
    Hi I'm Darlene. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020. My Story if you want to read:
    I started my weight loss journey in January 2023. My husband went back to work on a temporary assignment and for the first time ever, I was alone during the day. I thought it was the perfect time for me to take care of me for a change. There is a rails to trails park literally in my backyard and for years I said I was going to walk the whole thing. I announced to the world that I was going to do it, and that made it so I couldn't back out. I started the journey on January 12, 2023 and did a little bit at a time; I completed the 62 mile in and out adventure on February 22, 2023 and lost 16 pounds in the process.

I found MFP and started logging my food, this kept me going for a little bit, but as usual was getting bored of it. I've lost weight many times before, and then I get bored, quit and gain it all back. I had to find something to keep me motivated to keep going. That's when I found the challenges page on MFP. This group was the first I found, and as I mentioned above holds a special place in my heart. Such a supportive group and in a non-judgemental way. I come back every month, for the support that this group provides. I also tried quite a few other challenges and especially like a couple team based ones (the Hogwarts and Biggest Loser). I found that I will do more for the "team" than I will do for myself; and if someone gives me a task to do, I'll do it. The more homework the better. These two groups have given me the accountability I need.

I am happy to say that with the help of these groups, I am just about at my goal weight and will call it accomplished when I get to 140 pounds. The last five pounds have been tough, and the last pound even tougher. It isn’t the five pounds under the normal BMI, or the 100 pounds that I was thinking about, but by far surpasses what I thought at the beginning of my journey. I must admit, I am really nervous about making this decision. I know how to lose weight – but how to switch to maintaining is a mystery.

I am down almost 88 pounds. I have learned that persistance and not perfection is the key to my success. I won't change much - other than weighing in only two times a week instead of every day, and a weekly calorie goal instead of a daily one. If a little more comes off in the process that's great - but otherwise just stay 140 pounds or lighter for the rest of my life! Slow and steady wins the race!

My Before and After Pictures:

5pzfc542apwg.png

🎃👻Hello October👻🎃
    Starting Weight - Dec 2022 - 228

Starting Weight - Oct 2024 - 140.7

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4 | Sep 140.7

My October Goals

👣 Average 14k Steps per day - reach my 2,024 miles in 2024 goal
    🚶‍♀️‍➡️ Walk every day
    📝 Log Daily
    ⚖️ Weigh in twice weekly - Wednesday and Saturday
    🥗 Stay under my weekly calorie range
    💪 Strength Train Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
    🫀 Cardio Monday, Thursday, Saturday
    🧘‍♀️ Rest day - stretch routine - Wednesday
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    🥅 Get to the ideal bmi range - maybe lose a few more after that if my body says yes - otherwise stay 140 pounds or under for the rest of my life!

👣📝🥗💪🫀🧘‍♀️💦🧂

Weigh-in current day - goals prior day

Oct 1 👣📝🥗💪🫀🧘‍♀️💦🧂- 18.5K 👣 Steps, 🚶‍♀️3 mile outside walk, 1 mile treadmill, 40 🫀Min HIIT workout, 🥗 579 Calorie Deficit

I love the start of a new month, the optimism that it brings, leaving those negative thoughts behind, reflecting on my prior months accomplishments, a fresh start, a clean slate. And fall is my favorite time of year - a slight chill in the air - the beautiful fall colors on the trees in Connecticut, no bugs. Happy Otober - a special welcome to all our new people - I hope you love this group as much as I do, and for all the returning members - so glad to see you back for another month.

@ozdeelite Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏
  • 71MissKelly
    71MissKelly Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in! I'm Kelly and I've been on a slow journey since December of 23. 24.5 pounds gone. My goal is to hit 199 by new year's eve!
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 354 Member
    I'm Charlene, 59 years old, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 adult children, 9 grandchildren. I have celiac disease so I eat gluten free; I'm intolerant to lactose, soy, watermelon, and cruciferous vegetables, and I have MTHFR reactions so I can't eat items fortified with folic acid; all these components make meals challenging! I usually do meal prepping at the beginning of every week. I live in Central Illinois USA, and I work part-time as a home caregiver for the elderly so they can live in their own homes and not have to live in a nursing home.

🥛= I met my water goal
    ✍️= I logged all my food
    🧂= I stayed under my sodium limit
    🧮= I stayed under my calorie limit
    💊= I took my supplements
    🥏= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    🚶= Steps (number)
    🏋️= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    📚= I read for at least 30 minutes

September ending weight: 181.8
    September goal weight: 180.0
    October goal weight: 178.0
    Maintenance goal weight: 160.0

Oct 1: 181.8 ✍️🧂🧮🚶(7702)

My weight has been at this plateau for 3 days. 🤔 On the other hand, it is down almost 2 pounds from September 1. So it's inch worm progress, but progress nonetheless. 🐛

Yesterday I worked on pizza protein bar experiment #3, in my search for a baked handheld protein bar that tastes like pizza. This time, I took the meatloaf concept and instead of baking the mix in a square pan, I used my 3 tbsp cookie scoop and made rounds - they are basically a savory pizza flavored oatmeal cookie.

Since I can't eat wheat, whey protein, or soy protein isolate, I can't do 99% of the protein bars on the market. And let's face it: pea protein just always tastes like peas, no matter how much vanilla or chocolate flavoring they put in it. So I've been experimenting with making baked protein bars for about 7 years.

Here's the recipe, if anyone would like to try it. I greatly simplified the recipe from the last experiment, for those who may not have things like oat fiber or flax meal on hand. You can cut the ingredient amounts in half pretty easily, and make substitutions for what you have on hand, but you do need the eggs, cheese, and oats for these to hold together.

Serving size: 2 baked pizza cookies
    Yield: 60 cookies (30 servings)
    Freezer friendly? Yes
    Prep time: 30 minutes
    Bake time: 30 minutes; flip halfway
    Baking temperature: 350*
    Approximate nutritional value per 2 cookies: 225 calories/9.1 net carbs/12.2 protein/15.6 fat

Ingredients:
    2 lb ground Italian pork sausage
    1 package sliced pepperoni, diced
    1 yellow onion, diced
    1 sweet bell pepper, diced
    12 oz package shredded mozzarella
    5 oz shredded fresh romano or parmesan
    3 oz shredded cheddar
    7 eggs
    1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
    3 tbsp pizza seasoning (spices)
    4 cups old fashioned oats

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper (I prefer the silicone).
    3. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed together
    4. Scoop amounts of mixture with a 3tbsp cookie scoop onto cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/2 inch thick rounds, with your hand or the bottom of a glass dipped in water to prevent sticking. Optional: roll scoops of mixture between palms and flatten, shaping mixture as desired.
    5. Bake for 15 minutes; then carefully flip cookies over and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
    6. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to a cooling rack topped with a layer of paper towel to drain the small amount of grease the cookies will have.
    7. Once fully cooled, pack cookies in snack or sandwich baggies, then place the baggies into a large freezer bag for long term storage. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in freezer for up to 3 months.

If you like cold pizza, these can be eaten straight out of the fridge and they really do taste like cold leftover pizza. Or they can be warmed in the microwave/large oven/toaster oven/air fryer.

Here's pictures for those who would like a visual.

dv31m97fu21b.jpg

2996f6kkqzr9.jpg

@UCGRocks, @Willbeslim1day, @Adahpotatah2024 {ha! Love that screen name!}, @MrsMartin2412, @FaZizzle, @Eliza6029, @71MissKelly welcome to the group!

@ozdeelite oh you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers a lot today. Please keep us updated as you can.

@ilive2walk you are such an inspiration to me! Congratulations on meeting your goal, YOU ROCK!
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 354 Member
    Oh - P.S - I'm calling the pizza oatmeal cookies a success; and I'm gonna try a variation today with ground beef, taco seasoning, pico de Gallo, and salsa for a taco flavored protein bar!
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 234 Member
    Hello! I'm Jenny, 59 years old & after maintaining my goal window for about 6 months I've let vacation, travel & stress drag me backward. I am determined to make a clean start this month and get back to where my body feels best, which means losing about 10 pounds from where I am now. There's no travel or events this month...which means NO EXCUSES!

October 1 - 182.4 - Did a 30 minute Burpee Girl cardio/weights video plus 15 min yoga stretch. I've started logging again and getting back to IF. The binge monster has been banished from the house, and the only thing that will keep it away is consistency!! Today is Day 2 - I feel better than yesterday (after a ridiculous week of bingeing), but I know from experience by Day 3 I'll actually be feeling great.