๐ŸŒป ๐ŸŽƒ October Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge๐ŸŒป๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,884 Member
    Hi I'm Darlene. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

I start this month with a different perspective - I just annouced that I am calling 140 pounds my goal weight and as I write am just a 1/2 pound away from reaching that goal. I will make it this round. I couldn't have done it without this group. I have been here since April 2023 - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a very special place in my heart. I want to thank a couple special people that have been here since the beginning of my journey - first and foremost @jm216 for setting this up each and every month and showing everyone that you should never ever give up. And then @deepwoodslady - listen to her - she gives fantastic advice. Always knows what to say to make you stay strong. You have both been my rock! ๐Ÿ’—

There have been many other people that I met in this group that through their strength, persistance, and accomplishments that have also touch me - I probably will miss some - but also thank you @cattherien @ozdeelite @koeitjiesa @cinw1501 @jo_casey42 who have been with us the past few months and from all the other rounds that I have been through (I may have been ddainiak in my past life) @39flavours @Buckeyebabe7l7 @gomifune @joans1976 @BittersweetVita @andreajlnhe - I hope you are all doing well - just wanted to let you know I am making it to my goal and that you have all made a difference in my life.

For all the new people - trust the process - it's ok if you stumble along the way - just keep going and you WILL get there.

Thank you!
    Darlene

@iLive2Walk Thanks so much for the shout-out and the heartfelt message. You have been such an inspiration! I hope that you will stay with us because, if we are successful, we all will reach the maintenance phase at some point and will need examples and tips on how to navigate it. It has Nothing To Do with the fact that we would miss you if you left the group. Naw....Nothing. LOL. Congratulations on being so close (a smidge) from your goal. You are Amazing!
  • deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Sept 30th): 193.6
    Goal: 189.6 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

10/01-193.6-(Trend Weight 193.8)- Iโ€™m stalled today on the numbers, but looking back I seem to be hovering around these same numbers for a good two weeks now. Itโ€™s time to get serious and put a dent into it. Iโ€™d like to be back in the 180โ€™s by the end of October. Letโ€™s have a great month!

10/02-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/03-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

10/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

10/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,853 Member
    Hi I'm Darlene. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

I start this month with a different perspective - I just annouced that I am calling 140 pounds my goal weight and as I write am just a 1/2 pound away from reaching that goal. I will make it this round. I couldn't have done it without this group. I have been here since April 2023 - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a very special place in my heart. I want to thank a couple special people that have been here since the beginning of my journey - first and foremost @jm216 for setting this up each and every month and showing everyone that you should never ever give up. And then @deepwoodslady - listen to her - she gives fantastic advice. Always knows what to say to make you stay strong. You have both been my rock! ๐Ÿ’—

There have been many other people that I met in this group that through their strength, persistance, and accomplishments that have also touch me - I probably will miss some - but also thank you @cattherien @ozdeelite @koeitjiesa @cinw1501 @jo_casey42 who have been with us the past few months and from all the other rounds that I have been through (I may have been ddainiak in my past life) @39flavours @Buckeyebabe7l7 @gomifune @joans1976 @BittersweetVita @andreajlnhe - I hope you are all doing well - just wanted to let you know I am making it to my goal and that you have all made a difference in my life.

For all the new people - trust the process - it's ok if you stumble along the way - just keep going and you WILL get there.

Thank you!
    Darlene

@iLive2Walk Thanks so much for the shout-out and the heartfelt message. You have been such an inspiration! I hope that you will stay with us because, if we are successful, we all will reach the maintenance phase at some point and will need examples and tips on how to navigate it. It has Nothing To Do with the fact that we would miss you if you left the group. Naw....Nothing. LOL. Congratulations on being so close (a smidge) from your goal. You are Amazing!

@deepwoodslady I'm not going anywhere! I think that the maintenance phase will be just as hard as losing - and I know from experience that I need the accountability!
  • deepwoodslady
    @ozdeelite Oh No! Continued prayers for you my friend!

Welcome to all the newbies. It's truly Wonderful to have you here!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,919 Member
    Hi! Iโ€™m Jill and I absolutely โค๏ธ this group of like-minded friends. If youโ€™re here, then youโ€™re our friend!

Welcome to October!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.โ˜•๏ธ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿโ€ฆ and the smell of fall. I donโ€™t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this October are to:
    ๐ŸƒLog daily- consistently and happily. This is the key to success.
    ๐ŸƒGet outside and ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธor ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป inside
    ๐ŸƒEnjoy the season
    ๐Ÿƒ15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

It's time to get everything in sync this month. I'm no longer going through the motions. When I log...I lose weight. It takes time to build up consistency and momentum, but when it works, it's beautiful! Letโ€™s go!

October 1: 215.4
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,995 Member
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:142
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL:135

October 1st- 142 ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚

Wishing everyone the best with this challenge! ๐ŸŒป
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 364 Member
    I'm back for the October challenge.

My starting weight in April: 94.2kg
    My current weight: 77.2kg
    My goal weight for October: 75kg

October 1 - 77.2kg
    October 2 - 76.8kg
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 86 Member
    Hi,

I'm Cindy. I am 5'4" just turned 51. Have a wonderful husband of 27 years and a soon to be 19 year old daughter.

Happy October!

September was a not so great month with a gain of 1.6 lbs. October will be better.

July starting weight : 164.2
    October Starting weight : 158.2
    Goal : 154

October 1st : 158.2 - Made it to they gym after work!
    October 2nd: 158.6 :(
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,995 Member
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:142

October 1st- 142 ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚
    2nd-142

Wishing everyone the best with this challenge! ๐ŸŒป
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,919 Member
    Hi! Iโ€™m Jill and I absolutely โค๏ธ this group of like-minded friends. If youโ€™re here, then youโ€™re our friend!

Welcome to October!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.โ˜•๏ธ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿโ€ฆ and the smell of fall. I donโ€™t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this October are to:
    ๐ŸƒLog daily- consistently and happily. This is the key to success.
    ๐ŸƒGet outside and ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธor ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป inside
    ๐ŸƒEnjoy the season
    ๐Ÿƒ15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

It's time to get everything in sync this month. I'm no longer going through the motions. When I log...I lose weight. It takes time to build up consistency and momentum, but when it works, it's beautiful! Letโ€™s go!

October 1: 215.4
    October 2: 212.5
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2
    Hi I'm Darlene. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020. My Story if you want to read:
    I started my weight loss journey in January 2023. My husband went back to work on a temporary assignment and for the first time ever, I was alone during the day. I thought it was the perfect time for me to take care of me for a change. There is a rails to trails park literally in my backyard and for years I said I was going to walk the whole thing. I announced to the world that I was going to do it, and that made it so I couldn't back out. I started the journey on January 12, 2023 and did a little bit at a time; I completed the 62 mile in and out adventure on February 22, 2023 and lost 16 pounds in the process.

I found MFP and started logging my food, this kept me going for a little bit, but as usual was getting bored of it. I've lost weight many times before, and then I get bored, quit and gain it all back. I had to find something to keep me motivated to keep going. That's when I found the challenges page on MFP. This group was the first I found, and as I mentioned above holds a special place in my heart. Such a supportive group and in a non-judgemental way. I come back every month, for the support that this group provides. I also tried quite a few other challenges and especially like a couple team based ones (the Hogwarts and Biggest Loser). I found that I will do more for the "team" than I will do for myself; and if someone gives me a task to do, I'll do it. The more homework the better. These two groups have given me the accountability I need.

I am happy to say that with the help of these groups, I am just about at my goal weight and will call it accomplished when I get to 140 pounds. The last five pounds have been tough, and the last pound even tougher. It isnโ€™t the five pounds under the normal BMI, or the 100 pounds that I was thinking about, but by far surpasses what I thought at the beginning of my journey. I must admit, I am really nervous about making this decision. I know how to lose weight โ€“ but how to switch to maintaining is a mystery.

I am down almost 88 pounds. I have learned that persistance and not perfection is the key to my success. I won't change much - other than weighing in only two times a week instead of every day, and a weekly calorie goal instead of a daily one. If a little more comes off in the process that's great - but otherwise just stay 140 pounds or lighter for the rest of my life! Slow and steady wins the race!

My Before and After Pictures:

5pzfc542apwg.png

๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ปHello October๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ
    Starting Weight - Dec 2022 - 228

Starting Weight - Oct 2024 - 140.7

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4 | Sep 140.7

My October Goals

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 14k Steps per day - reach my 2,024 miles in 2024 goal
    ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธโ€โžก๏ธ Walk every day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    โš–๏ธ Weigh in twice weekly - Wednesday and Saturday
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my weekly calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio Monday, Thursday, Saturday
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Rest day - stretch routine - Wednesday
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    ๐Ÿฅ… Get to the ideal bmi range - maybe lose a few more after that if my body says yes - otherwise stay 140 pounds or under for the rest of my life!

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

Weigh-in current day - goals prior day

Oct 1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚- 18.5K ๐Ÿ‘ฃ Steps, ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ3 mile outside walk, 1 mile treadmill, 40 ๐Ÿซ€Min HIIT workout, ๐Ÿฅ— 579 Calorie Deficit

I love the start of a new month, the optimism that it brings, leaving those negative thoughts behind, reflecting on my prior months accomplishments, a fresh start, a clean slate. And fall is my favorite time of year - a slight chill in the air - the beautiful fall colors on the trees in Connecticut, no bugs. Happy Otober - a special welcome to all our new people - I hope you love this group as much as I do, and for all the returning members - so glad to see you back for another month.

Oct 2 139.9 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚21.4k ๐Ÿ‘ฃ Steps, ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ3 mile outside walk, 3.3 mile treadmill, 30 ๐Ÿ’ช Full Body Strength, ๐Ÿฅ— 182 Calorie Deficit

I did it - made it to the normal BMI range! Six hundred and thirty-three days since I started my journey - averaging just shy of a pound a week. I am over the moon with happiness. Now to keep it this way for the rest of my life.

• cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 354 Member
    I'm Charlene, 59 years old, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 adult children, 9 grandchildren. I have celiac disease so I eat gluten free; I'm intolerant to lactose, soy, watermelon, and cruciferous vegetables, and I have MTHFR reactions so I can't eat items fortified with folic acid; all these components make meals challenging! I usually do meal prepping at the beginning of every week. I live in Central Illinois USA, and I work part-time as a home caregiver for the elderly so they can live in their own homes and not have to live in a nursing home.

๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿ’Š= I took my supplements
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes

September ending weight: 181.8
    September goal weight: 180.0
    October goal weight: 178.0
    Maintenance goal weight: 160.0

Oct 1: 181.8 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿšถ(7702)
    Oct 2: 180.9 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿšถ(6827)

And there's the whoosh! ๐Ÿ’ง Hello, 180๐ŸŽ‰! I hope I'm just seeing you in passing on my way to the 170's.๐Ÿ˜‚ 20 pounds to goal!

Taco protein bar experiment #1 was meh. I should've doubled or tripled the seasonings, and I shouldn't have added the extra oats and polenta to firm up the mixture; they came out tasting like a very mild tamale but the texture was slightly too dry. I'll eat them, but I'll try again. Next time I'll dial back on the oats and polenta, up the spice and just realize this mix will be looser/wetter than the pizza one. I'd also like to try crushed corn tortilla chips in the recipe instead of polenta, but I need to compare the nutritional value to using the polenta; if the crushed chips will drive up the calories or carbs too much, then the polenta is fine, it gives a faint corn hint. My goal is for these to taste somewhat similar to a hard shell taco without the lettuce.

@deepwoodslady I โค๏ธ your goal of being back in the 180's by the end of October!

@ilive2walk SO EXCITED for you for this new phase of life; and... agreed that maintenance is just as hard as losing. I found that to be true as well; it was too easy to let my guard down once I was well under my goal, and slack off on tracking. And that let the pounds creep back up, slowly over time. This time, I won't stop tracking and weighing every day.

@texasfarmer, @KSDurand welcome!

@FaZizzle good luck with your injections and your plan, I hope they work well for bringing your A1c back to normal. Great job dragging your dead butt to the gym yesterday morning! ๐Ÿ‘

@UCGRocks oh no about the cold and pulled muscle! I hope you're feeling a little bit better today!

@ozdeelite oh my goodness! Yay for a little increase in kidney function, and for the fluid loss, I hope that drain works amazingly well and gets all that excess fluid out of your abdominal cavity.โค๏ธ๐Ÿคž
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,894 Member
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:139

Hi I am Patti, I weigh in on Weds and Saturdays. I am new to this challenge.
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 500 Member
    60 year old female, 5โ€™8โ€, and this will be my first challenge with this group. My goal will be to lose 8 pounds by the 31st. It may be difficult as we are going on vacation, but thatโ€™s part of the challenge!

OCTOBER 31st GOAL = 194.4

OCTOBER 1 โ€”โ€” 202.4
    OCTOBER 2 โ€”โ€” 202.2
  • FaZizzle
    FaZizzle Posts: 20 Member
    Goals:
    >> Monthly weight loss: 5 pounds (progress: -0.4 lbs)
    >> Daily calories: 1200-1600
    >> Daily net carbs: <80
    >> Daily water: 100+ oz
    >> Weekly exercise: 3x dance, 2x weights, 5x walking 1+ miles

Oct. 1 - 239.2 | Weight training + walking | 1547 calories, 78 net carbs | 559 deficit + 531 burned
    Oct. 2 - 238.8 | Walking + Zumba

Diet: I took my 4th shot at 2.5 this morning, and I had a heavy protein breakfast with a side of LiquidIV for electrolytes. Thus far no side effects! Tonight for dinner is my favorite: parmesan chicken burger over spinach topped with a sunny side up egg. No additional dressing needed!

Exercise: I get to work early to walk, and this morning I changed my path. Did I walk more than I expected? Yes. Did I start work a little later than expected? Also yes. Thankfully my boss is understanding! I skipped Zumba on Monday, so I'm picking up a Hip Hop Zumba class to try tonight.