Seeking Advice from Fellow Fitness Enthusiasts!

I’m working on improving my fitness and wellness routine, and I’d love to get some insights from this awesome community. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, I’m sure your experiences could help me and others who are on a similar journey.

If you have a few minutes, I’d really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts through a quick survey: https://forms.gle/fjvejMj8CcAacPkr9

I’m especially curious to hear about:
-How you got started with fitness and what helped you stick with it.
-Your go-to strategies for balancing nutrition and exercise.
-Any challenges you’ve faced in achieving your health and fitness goals, and how you overcame them.
-Tips on how to stay consistent with workouts and meal plans.

If you have a moment to share your thoughts, I’d really appreciate it! I think it would be helpful not just for me, but for others who might be navigating similar challenges.

Looking forward to hearing your stories and advice!

Replies

• emmanuelmakembo777
    emmanuelmakembo777 Posts: 2 Member
    Tired of trying everything and still not seeing results? I was too, until I found this!🔥 Patriot Slim Shot has completely transformed my weight loss journey—boosting my metabolism, curbing my appetite, and giving me clean energy all day. If you're serious about shedding those extra pounds, you NEED to check this out. You won’t regret it!👉👉 @em million:https://www.patriotslimshot.com/patriot-slimshot#aff=Emmillion
    👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,896 Member
    edited October 15
    I'm a fitness fan, but don't have even the remotest inclination to click on an unknown external link from someone I don't know who just joined and who has improbably posted a profile pic that is obviously Ahnold. Get real, please.

To your questions:

-How you got started with fitness and what helped you stick with it.

I started with fitness after full bore cancer treatment: Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation at age 45ish. I understood I needed to make changes in order to recover strength, energy, even happiness. I started gradually (gentle yoga classes) and progressed gradually. By around 2 years out, I was competing as an athlete, and not always unsuccessfully in age group comps. I stayed overweight/obese, though, for another dozen years - but became the semi-mythical pretty-fit obese person.

-Your go-to strategies for balancing nutrition and exercise.

Do fun activities, and eat foods I like that add up to reasonable calories and decent nutrition, on average over a small number of days. It was surprisingly easy.

-Any challenges you’ve faced in achieving your health and fitness goals, and how you overcame them.

I dunno. People say that some challenges are being older (I was 59 then, 68 now), menopausal (went into menopause at 44-45 from chemo), hypothyroidism (diagnosed at age 45 as severely hypothyroid). A few people think being vegetarian (which I've been since 1974, not a typo) is a complication. IMO, none of that is a hard roadblock.

-Tips on how to stay consistent with workouts and meal plans.

Find activities (a.k.a. exercise, plus daily life movement) that are ideally fun, but at least are tolerable and practical. Find ways to eat that you personally enjoy (since individual tastes vary) that keep you mostly full and happy, at appropriate calories and with decent average overall nutrition. Don't make it harder than it absolutely, minimally needs to be. Suffering is optional. The goal (in reality) is sustainable long-term happy habits with good overall life balance.

The exact details will vary individually, because we each have a unique combination of preferences, strengths, challenges, and lifestyle. Be the best YOU.

Best wishes!

ETA P.S.: If this is what you're doing, don't leverage MFP to create traffic on external links, especially if they're not benign links. I'm not sure what your link is, because I'm not going there.