Oct. Challenge Week 1 Open!

Options

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Brandy: Thanks so much! We have a wonderful group going! Totaling: 77 people!!! WOO HOO!!! I love mt dew as well! Be ready for headaches without it! You may have to take a sip and pass it to someone to get rid of it.

Warrior: Welcome! If you measure, I'll take those too. just beginning and end measurements. I felt the same way that is why I am starting this!

Kelly: I want this to be something we all can do, with no money for DVD's or gym's needed. Anything to make life and losing easier.

fifty and fit: What a cool job! and we are going to rock it!!!

Alirae: no problem! I'm not strict about getting it on time.

Dee: Welcome!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I AM SOOO STOKED! I'm gonna indulge in my guilty pleasures a lil today, that way it should be easier to handle in OCT.

me too! What is your pleasure?!?!?
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    is it 60 min a week or a day?
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    is it 60 min a week or a day?

A week. sorry I guess I should have said. I just assumed weekly challenge, and weekly goals. oops!
  • maritimemom
    Options
    Hello everyone! My weight as of this morning is 189.5. I just joined the gym last night so I'm hoping to kick it up in the exercise department! I slacked off quite a bit in the last month and I feared I was slipping back in to my old habits. I need to stay motivated! Good luck everyone! :)

Thanks for organizing this Jenn! :)
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in on the challenge, please! I'll log my weight and measurements on Saturdays. Do we go right to the spreadsheet, or do we post it here?

Hardest part of this challenge for me will be doing the vice abandonment. Oh, my precious sugar! But even though I work it into my calorie allowance, I do sometimes feel it runs my life. So this will be a good challenge for next week.

I won't be the biggest loser--Even working my butt off I only lose 1-2lbs a month. But challenges keep me upbeat and on track!
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is great! I'd definitely like to join. I'll get my most recent measurements tomorrow morning. :)

I've been in a rut for most of September (since I started back at school), but I am back in the gym and ready to buckle down. I've been hovering around 193 lbs for a while and it's making me crazy! Lol. I'd like to be at 185 (which would get me out of the "obese" BMI range) by Nov. 1st.

The vice I'm going to give up this week: drinking my calories. No Starbucks, lemonade, milk, etc. ::sigh:: It's going to be a long week. Lol
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for measurements, is it safe to assume that for arms and legs we are talking about the widest part of our upper arms and thighs?
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I won't be the biggest loser--Even working my butt off I only lose 1-2lbs a month. But challenges keep me upbeat and on track!

this is me. i have never done a challenge but i feel like i need something more then just logging food and exercise
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Giantess: You don't have to be the biggest loser. This is a lifestyle change, so if we all work on that, then we all WIN!!! Have you tried Splenda??? oh! And you message me stats so I can update sheet!

dkb228: Welcome! I gave up mt dew cold turkey. Headache city... Try just cutting back on your normal drinking. then get off totally! And use it as a treat, instead of a daily drink! Maybe weekly, or if you had a good exercise week or something like that!

I am happy to say there has been a good amount of weigh in's today! Woo Hoo!

Get ready to rock it out tomorrow!!!
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I just joined MFP today and this challenge is right on time! I'm doing it! I need to lose 41lbs and i'm excited to do it with other folks! I will weigh in on Fridays....now i gotta buy a scale...scary!!!

WELCOME GIRL! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    SHHHH * whisper* ice cream
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Hey all! I have friended many people on here, and I have noticed food logs are private on many. Did you know, you can set it so we all can see what you ate? Just letting our newer people know. I can't remember how to change it but if you want input on what you are eating, open it up and let us see! (Not trying to be bossy) I hope it doesn't come off as that! LOL

Another reason I like to see other people's diaries is to get ideas for me! I like to see what you had and sometimes I "Steal" it for me! :wink:
  • brittbarnes
    Options
    I pm'd you that I want to join, but didn't put my weight. I am 192. Do we send you the info or can we go in and put it on google docs?
  • AshleyE1122
    Options
    I am soo pumped to start this. My only problem is staying motivated. With incentives like new clothes. I plan to kick the lack of motivation out the door..fingers crossed!! I need to find my jillian michaels inside and kick my butt!! lol
  • synret
    synret Posts: 3
    Options
    Jenn, thanks a million for the water (I am so lax!) and exercise tips in the challenges list ... esp using a step for cardio!

We are moving to a much smaller house in the next month or so, and I'm going to have to leave my treadmill behind ... made me blue! ... what to do in inclement weather?? ... but now I realize there *are* simple substitutes ... if I open my mind to them. :)

Excited to be in this group ... Good Luck, Everyone!
  • Irene_1
    Irene_1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this - my weight this AM was 147.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Alright group.....let's ROCK IT!! W00T!!:happy:

Where is everyone from? Maybe I can keep better track of our huge group
    by state/region!!

I'm in Southern California, high desert town called Phelan, near Victorville.

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I am from northwest Indiana.