Black Team Challenge Week 12

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My internet was down last night. I must be addicted because I HAD to post something from my IPhone...:laugh: :laugh:

My thing I did for myself was to follow my body and lay down after work yesterday. I have been in meetings all week and it is hell on my neck/back. I just cant believe how much pain it can cause. Hard to take a pain releiver and look like you are actually interested in the trainers teaching!!:glasses:

SO when hubby called to ask what was for dinner, he offered to go get himself some Chicago Dogs. I came home, not too hungry, and lay down in bed. It felt so nice-didnt care about dishes, dogs, floor hair! Put ice on my neck and took some medication. Relaxed and watched some TV and spoke with my girlfriend. Guess what? The dishes and dog hair are still there, but I feel like a million bucks this morning.

Thanks for the great challenge!! ( I promise not to go over board:blushing: )
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My internet was down last night. I must be addicted because I HAD to post something from my IPhone...:laugh: :laugh:

My thing I did for myself was to follow my body and lay down after work yesterday. I have been in meetings all week and it is hell on my neck/back. I just cant believe how much pain it can cause. Hard to take a pain releiver and look like you are actually interested in the trainers teaching!!:glasses:

SO when hubby called to ask what was for dinner, he offered to go get himself some Chicago Dogs. I came home, not too hungry, and lay down in bed. It felt so nice-didnt care about dishes, dogs, floor hair! Put ice on my neck and took some medication. Relaxed and watched some TV and spoke with my girlfriend. Guess what? The dishes and dog hair are still there, but I feel like a million bucks this morning.

Thanks for the great challenge!! ( I promise not to go over board:blushing: )

Good for you, Jeannie! I was wondering where you were yesterday. Hope the internet is working now! I panic when mine goes away. :laugh: Good luck making it through the rest of the meetings! :sick:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Checking in for this challenge..

The big one: I am postponing my running career until my body is healed. Will stick with high intensity, low impact stuff until I feel strong enough to move on.. so swimming, cardio machine, 30-Day shred all OK - couch to 5K is out for now, but I hope to return.

yesterday - I actually went out to dinner!! not so much about the food or wine, but just not having to cook and clean up the dishes was a great treat for me.. it was a work dinner (entertaining clients) but he company was great, the food was fantastic, and it was a great location - right on the shore (looked like we were sitting on the ocean..

Bobbi - I am so hooked to the Twilight series. My DD got the set of 4 books for Christmas from my brother, and I started Twilight after she read it. Am now on the fourth book and so addicted - this is my nightime ritual. DH just looks over and says, "do you think you could pull yourself away from the vampire long enough to spend some time with me?" - "well I don't know, do you have the intense eyes of molten caramel??" :laugh: very addictive..

Lynnie - not so much scary as seductive - weird, but true..

Today - working from home in my jeans and sweatshirt (does that count?) - makes me feel so comfy..

sounds like everyone is doing pretty good taking care of themselves - keep at it..

Nicky - prayers for your move:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and "break a leg" at the concert - I'll know you'll be fantastic.

til later.. janie
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :smile:

The nice thing I did for myself yesterday was to buy some books. Then, I went home and I talked to my sister until midnight. Haha. I haven't done that in a LONG time, and it felt really good. I miss her and usually work too much to have any time with her.

Tonight I'm going to start reading one of my new books. The Road to Canan (Cana? ?? ) by Anne Rice. I'm not sure why I bought that one since I never read her vampire novels but I'm just overwhelmed with curiosity!

Good for you Janie!

I think this is the one challenge we'll have to work hard NOT to do too much of! Hahah.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    2596935295_0cdaac890f.jpg <---Marla

LOL-- that's the ticket, Sara-- too funny!

My me thing was staying up til 3:30....seriously. Peace and quiet this weekend was more important than sleep. It was lovely, and I feel very relaxed.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    reeses-1.jpg

Curse Uncle Larry-- my daughter just returned from my husband's uncle's home where she'd been staying and practicing her golf for a couple weeks-- and he sent home with her two 2-lb bags of Reese's Pieces-- 50 pieces = 200 calories.

I had 25 already-- I'm done for the day, honest Injun!

Just received my entry form for my 5k in April-- so psyched. Hubs is gonna do it, too.
  • janiebeth
    Options
    2596935295_0cdaac890f.jpg <---Marla

maybe it is just me, but shouldn't there be about 10 cats in this picture?? :laugh: :laugh:

not because of Marla, but this particular pianist looks like she would have many cats..
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I hate tubs-- never got the concept of sitting and sweating in a tub-- blech. And bored??!!

Oh my-- I hate 'em-- :laugh:

I :heart: tub soaks. Fill the tub up, grab a magazine and awwwwww. Esp with the way my muscles have been aching since the running started. Calgon take me away:love:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    I hate tubs-- never got the concept of sitting and sweating in a tub-- blech. And bored??!!

I :heart: tub soaks. Fill the tub up, grab a magazine and awwwwww. Esp with the way my muscles have been aching since the running started. Calgon take me away:love:

When I was single, I lived in an apartment with a really deep tub.. I would set up with a nice bubble bath, a glass of wine, and the magazine du jour (usually the WIne Spectator).. HEAVEN..

now it is ... "Mom, are you done in there yet??" :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hi, popped inside for a minute from building fences and mucking out animal pens. Wonder how many calories that burned because I am hungry!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Marla - you're bad. You're gonna get our thread locked! :laugh:

Lori - Thanks! I'll have to order those. That's more my speed. The patries, that is. :wink: This challenge is going to an uuuuugly place. :laugh:

Sarah,Marla, Lori......OH EM GEE !!!!! You know its not nice to make a friend who is drinking all of their water laugh that hard.

Lynnie, Awwwww I just finished the book Twilight today. Anyone else read it? I know its supposedly for Tweeners but it was good. Good challenge!!:heart:

I read the whole Twilight series!:laugh: I dont care if it is for tweeners, I loved it! Sure hope she writes a 5th:blushing: The movie comes out on dvd this Saturday and you just KNOW that its mine!:love: lol My 14 yr old get me into it and I was soo glad I read it:happy:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way....great challenge:flowerforyou: By now Im sure we can all use some pampering:smile:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Holy crap ladies! I don't know how you did it but you have some major power on your side! Ha-ha!

I just got the call! We're being let into the new place next weekend!!!!

I'm so very relieved and excited. In less then ten days I'm going to be chilling out in my brand new place with no mould and no loud, obnoxious neighbors who scream all night. :bigsmile: :glasses:

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Holy crap ladies! I don't know how you did it but you have some major power on your side! Ha-ha!

I just got the call! We're being let into the new place next weekend!!!!

I'm so very relieved and excited. In less then ten days I'm going to be chilling out in my brand new place with no mould and no loud, obnoxious neighbors who scream all night. :bigsmile: :glasses:

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

That's awesome!! I hope getting out of there will make you feel lots better!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

When I was single, I lived in an apartment with a really deep tub.. I would set up with a nice bubble bath, a glass of wine, and the magazine du jour (usually the WIne Spectator).. HEAVEN..

now it is ... "Mom, are you done in there yet??" :laugh: :laugh:

At my house it is not "are you done yet?" it is "hurry up I have to pooop!"
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Decided to look around the forums and I have to say it amuses me how many whiners are complaining about whiners who are ruining their fun. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And in response to someone who asked. The concert: I play piano for the community choir. We're 40 people strong and Monday is our first performance. I'm so nervous already I don't know if I'll live through it. Haha. Anyway, so that's that.

Oh Nicky-- I'm so jealous....my dying wish is to play the piano. I've wanted it since I was a little kid. My parents wouldn't pay for lessons and/or consider buying a piano for me, and then rebuffed a neighbor who was going to pay for lessons AND let me practice on their piano when I was a kid-- grrrrr. In my teen years, my father told me I should have played the piano because I have nice long fingers. Any wonder I can't stand the man to this day? (I'm not kidding :grumble: )

Oh well-- enough therapy-- lol.

That's great nicky!

I have alot of respect for anyone who accompanies a choir. Not nearly as much freedom as going solo. I play a bit of piano, a bit of guitar and not enough of anything lol. I was a music Education major but as far as performance I am more of a voice guy. Beth was a Vocal perfomance major herself and she plays the violin. Getting better on my instruments is on my long list of things I want to do. While it's never to late it's good to start younger. We'll see if we can make my RIley a little virtuoso. lol
    003.jpg
  • nickybr38
    Options
    That's great nicky!

I have alot of respect for anyone who accompanies a choir. Not nearly as much freedom as going solo. I play a bit of piano, a bit of guitar and not enough of anything lol. I was a music Education major but as far as performance I am more of a voice guy. Beth was a Vocal perfomance major herself and she plays the violin. Getting better on my instruments is on my long list of things I want to do. While it's never to late it's good to start younger. We'll see if we can make my RIley a little virtuoso. lol

Aw!!!

It's not so much that I accompany the choir... it's a bit more that they accompany me... in that I STILL tend to fall into bad habits and do my own thing but our director is awesome and is excellent at covering it up when I go off tempo. :)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Nicky, that is wonderful you get to move in early!!!! YEAH!!!!!! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Andrew - I see Beth in the background chatting at us on the laptop. :laugh: I'm jealous that you were both music majors. I chickened out on that front b/c of the lack of jobs in this part of the world. Turns out I didn't need a degree anyways. :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Lol sara. Might make you feel better to know we are both music major dropouts lol.