Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Morning- I was up far too early for a Monday morning (5.30am !)

Have lowered my calorie goal this week to 1255 (my BMR) to try and boost my weightloss again. I have only lost 1lb last month due to a holiday, putting on a 1lb, losing two and then last week staying the same because I pretty much ate maintenance all week (not on purpose it just happened).

Desperately trying to lose the last couple of lbs by the end of Oct and it starts today!

Have a good week everyone :flowerforyou:
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Morning!! :yawn: How does Monday come around so quickly?

Aah well, managed to do my 30DS session first thing :drinker: official weigh in later, tho the sneaky one I had first thing says it's going to be a good one!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Nose to grindstone :grumble: but only for half a day today :drinker: Sooooo have a good one folks and catch up with you later x
  • wixy15
    wixy15 Posts: 19
    Options
    managed to run 5k yesterday, for the first time in my life! took a coupld of seconds over 30mins so am quite chuffed!

i feel so great after my gym sessions now, not half dead as i did before.
  • tracym17
    tracym17 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    morning,

not had a great weekend, Indian takeaway on Saturday put me way over my calories and I have a birthday meal coming up this weekend, so trying to exercise a bit more this week to compensate.
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

I've had quite a good morning so far. First time in a couple of weeks I've managed to get by backside out of bed and go for a run before work. It felt really good to get out there again. Legs are feeling it now though. But it's worth it for that little buzz you get when you've exercised. :tongue:
  • MadameBovary
    MadameBovary Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Had a good weigh in after the first week of dieting and lost 15lbs so I'm over a stone lighter then this time last week. Obviously I know that I always lose more in the first week of diets due to losing water etc and know I lost so much cos I'm so heavy to begin with but I'm still pretty chuffed. Actually with the hot weather we have had I have probably sweated half of it away lol. Hope evryone is having a good Monday and good luck with the diets and exercise.

Bye fo now

11504983.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Morning uk peeps

I need some help. I have been burning roughly 900 cals a day and not eating back my cals. This isn't working so well so I have decided to try eating 1/2 back.

I have added toast to brekkie, and will add a wrap to my lunch salad. I have thought of getting some protein powder to make bars for my pm snack.

Heres where I need help, I am on a budget and went to the holland and barrett website and was overwhelmed byt the amount on offer. Does anyone use protein powder? Do you make it into bars? What would you recommend?

Or does anyone not think this would work,if not how else can I increase my cals without junk?? My diary is open if you want a peek.

Many thanks

martyxx
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm 26 today! Going to make it my healthiest year yet :wink: With my birthday money im going to enlist the help of a PT for a few sessions. Apparently this guy is pretty good... Just feel like i need a helping hand in a few areas (i shall be posting up on here for advice too) and to give me a bit of a kick up the *kitten* :laugh:

Hope everyone has a productive day!

Lou
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Morning uk peeps

I need some help. I have been burning roughly 900 cals a day and not eating back my cals. This isn't working so well so I have decided to try eating 1/2 back.

I have added toast to brekkie, and will add a wrap to my lunch salad. I have thought of getting some protein powder to make bars for my pm snack.

Heres where I need help, I am on a budget and went to the holland and barrett website and was overwhelmed byt the amount on offer. Does anyone use protein powder? Do you make it into bars? What would you recommend?

Or does anyone not think this would work,if not how else can I increase my cals without junk?? My diary is open if you want a peek.

Many thanks

martyxx

Great question! Something i would like to know more about too! :smile:
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    Monday Morning, back behind the desk and already thinking about lunch!

Wish the sun was shining, then maybe this horrible mugginess would lift and I'd have a better view out of the window rather than the grey clouds.

Feeling positive about another good week though and looking forward to some more weight loss.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm 26 today! Going to make it my healthiest year yet :wink: With my birthday money im going to enlist the help of a PT for a few sessions. Apparently this guy is pretty good... Just feel like i need a helping hand in a few areas (i shall be posting up on here for advice too) and to give me a bit of a kick up the *kitten* :laugh:

Lou

Happy Birthday Lou :) Have a great day v(*.*)^
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sorry not been around - should be here more this week - its a busy time of year for me now with lots of birthdays etc ... not liking Sally Scales this morning, had a good food choice weekend I thought - but Sally is telling me so - last day of 30ds today so going to weigh in the morning as my end of 30ds weigh too - lets hope Sally bucks up and gives me a good one... (I say good one - but good one for me has never been over 2lbs !!!)

Have a good day y'all ;)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Lou

Happy Birthday!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: Hope you have a fab day!!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options

If protein powder is your thing then fair enough but I wouldn't waste my money on it. Instead (if I wanted the extra protein/cals) I would get some skim milk powder from the supermarket (I think the brand over here is sunshine?) and use some of that mixed with whatever milk you usually buy (and flavour if you want) to make a high protein milk.

In terms of increasing cals, of course the obvious option is bigger food serves and more frequent snacks. Perhaps the less obvious one is boosting cals in what you are already eating - add healthy oils to meals/veg, use reduced fat cheese in sandwiches/salads/hot dishes, add nuts, seeds and avocado to your day. Hmm that's all I've got for now (difficult off the top of my head to separate the healthy suggestions from the unhealthy ones that we give our high protein high energy patients e.g. for cancer). Oh and I would add plenty of dairy snacks - yoghurt, reduced fat custard, milky drinks: all high protein, high nutrition choices. Hope that helps :)
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    See! This is what going away and surviving on the app does to you! You miss the new thread and only find it 2 whole days later!! I'm never leaving my computer again!

Morning all :)
    Lovely hot hot weekend, too hot in London though.. pretty sure I drank about 1 million litres of water on saturday, and sweat out at least half of that walking around the beautiful city ALL DAY!! (8 friggin hours of walking....!!)

Looking forward to a new week of exercise, won't begrudge myself a few treats here and there :) but not going to go overboard! Pub quiz tomorrow night.. any "healthy" alcoholic beverage options? I usually have either vodka lime and soda, or martini and lemonade.. so yeah.. aaaaand going to get a programme made for me at my lovely gym too :)

Have a great day all!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Team UK!

And a very happy birthday to Lou! Hope you have a fab day and enjoy some cake :)

Well I started out well with a good gym session - did a few mins on the hill climber to jumpstart my heart rate then 10 mins running, 30mins elliptical, 7 mins abs (2 body pump/attack ab tracks) then walked the 45 mins home :)

It's going to be a tough calorie week for me because I have such a busy week ahead! Monday - dinner out (thinking Japanese) and comedy store charity event with hubby and my friend from Aust, Tuesday - book club but will hopefully eat an early dinner at home beforehand, Wednesday - possibly joining hubby's boss at his house for dinner, Thursday - dinner out and Wheatus/MC frontalot concert with hubby and his friends, Friday - dinner and wine out with my friends (unless hubby's boss decides to have dinner this night), Saturday - trip to Birmingham catching up with old work friends for lunch then Chinese for dinner for hubby's Grandma's 95th birthday.... sheesh! It's going to be buuuuuuuuuusy! Just going to try to make good choices and eat small portions when I go out and exercise like crazy :)

Take care everyone
    Dotti x
  • ZoeBZJ
    ZoeBZJ Posts: 12
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Lou

Happy birthday I hope you have a great day x :drinker:
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Lou

Happy Birthday :) beautiful day for a birthday :D:flowerforyou:
  • stargirl99
    Options
    Happy birthday Lou! Have a wonderful day. I'm having a pretty quick day at work and planning to head straight to the gym after. My knees have been bit sore though so if they don't ease up might go for a long walk instead
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lou - hope its as nice in your part of the country

here is a slice of virtual birthday cake :):)

well I have taken my measurements and have lost a little off neck waist and hips - really pleased and it is the beginning of week two for me on MFP and am so pleased to have weighed in with a loss for my first recordable weight loss (I am a daily weigher but only really count my monday morning weigh in)

the weather is so nice here today I feel really motivated - been to town sorted insurance then home to sort rac cover and just get some rest (I have been really ill not resting just because)

hope everyone has a wonderful day today :)