VERTICAL CHALLENGERS! Home to all shorties out there. (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• teddypete13
    Options
    5'2" and 180 or so pounds (don't have a scale in my dorm)
    :)
    count me in!
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

Well, a busy, busy, screamy, giggly, pink-filled, glitter-sprinkled and girlie weekend was had by all here for daughters 7th. Including my sons and husband who took it all in good grace.

However, I think they are all re-affirming their ownership of testicles today as husband was up before me trawling the sport pages, he actually missed a London derby, Arsenal v Tottenham, in favour of helping out at the party! I watched my 13 year old walk down the street to school with his friends this morning and there was much back-slapping and 'young man stuff' going on and my (soon to be) 4 year old is busy lining his cars up all around the house.

Anyway, she had an awesome two days and woke up on Sunday swearing she was taller :heart:

Right, another weekend done and back to business! Lovely to see more and more shorties on board, the spreadsheet is growing and growing!

Over the weekend I (very quietly) sneaked out some of my (UK) size 12 jeans and tried them on. The bad news is that I still couldn't do them up, not even by laying on the bed sucking it all in turnign blue in the process. The good news is that I COULD get them on. Two months ago I couldn't even get them up past the thighs! So I've decided that my next own goal is to get into those jeans and actually do them up...properly. I reckon - hmmmm - about a month and lots of ab crunches (?). Not absolutely sure if that's long enough but I think with a lot of hard work and discipline I may do it. So that is my goal.

TO BE IN MY SIZE 12's BY NOVEMBER 2ND.

Which has got me wondering....do any of you guys have a goal that isn't necessarily 'number' related? Is there something that you want to happen that's not exclusively related to your scales? See, I know that when I get into those jeans I'll still have a ways to go scale-wise, but that won't detract from the feeling of being able to get into them!
    What is your own personal goal?? What is it you are waiting for? Running for the bus and not having a heart attack? Reaching an exercise goal? Wearing something you've loved from afar up to now? Or even a victory over a habit?

Right now...this is mainly because I'm naturally nosey and would love to know what you are aiming for other than a golden number (your future NSV's) but, we could always make this as an aside goal to our group challenges. Something more personal to spur us on?

Anyway, wishing you all a brilliant day. I'll check in every now and then but for now I'm off to scrape the cake off the piano. Have a good one ladies x
  • worktodo
    Options
    Hi ya.. Aussie 5"2... and upside down! lol
  • MrsBlobs
    Options
    Hi ya.. Aussie 5"2... and upside down! lol

Hi changeit and welcome :smile:
    Feel free to add yourself to the list on the spreadsheet (link somewhere further up)

Shame we can't all hop on the scales upside down. Damn that gravity!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I'm 115!! This was my initial goal weight, though now I'm thinking I can go lower.
    My dreamiest goal is to be toned up, to look healthy and strong. So I'm lifting weights to help achieve this goal. It's something I've never done before, but I'm loving it and just two weeks ago was stuck at a 3 week plateau, and now at my initial goal weight.

I love how this site inspires me out of my comfort zone into a new and exciting realm, and dreaming of things I never thought possible!
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 115!! This was my initial goal weight, though now I'm thinking I can go lower.
    My dreamiest goal is to be toned up, to look healthy and strong. So I'm lifting weights to help achieve this goal. It's something I've never done before, but I'm loving it and just two weeks ago was stuck at a 3 week plateau, and now at my initial goal weight.

I love how this site inspires me out of my comfort zone into a new and exciting realm, and dreaming of things I never thought possible!

Congrats!!! That is wonderful!!! Any advice of what helped you achieve success?
  • pinky04p
    Options
    Hi everyone! 5' 1.5". I started out @ 140 and now @ 132! I have been doing the 30 day shred, just not every day! I still have a way to go but I feel great and am getting a LOT of comments from people noticing my weight loss. Woohoo!!
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Help! I feel like I'm sabotaging myself...I have been faithful to my health goals for the past two weeks or so (allowing in my calories for some treats on weekends) and then a couple of days ago...I just stopped! I don't really know why I did...it's like all of a sudden I have no drive to work out and I want to eat every bad thing in site even when I don't really want it... help! I need some advice. The only positive thing that I continued is that I logged into myfitnesspal everyday.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What do you all do for workouts, either at home or at the gym? I'm getting bored at the gym, & though we have a treadmill at home that I swore I'd walk on, there's nothing else in that room & it's boring!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    What do you all do for workouts, either at home or at the gym? I'm getting bored at the gym, & though we have a treadmill at home that I swore I'd walk on, there's nothing else in that room & it's boring!

Is there a way you can move your treadmill near a TV or a TV near the treadmill? I find when I watch TV and use my treadmill the time goes by way faster.

At the gym I do Zumba, Yoga, Weights, swimming, walking - they have a track, and the eliptical.
    At home I do Wii Fit+, Zumba, Yoga, weights, go for walks, yard work.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Is there a way you can move your treadmill near a TV or a TV near the treadmill? I find when I watch TV and use my treadmill the time goes by way faster.

At the gym I do Zumba, Yoga, Weights, swimming, walking - they have a track, and the eliptical.
    At home I do Wii Fit+, Zumba, Yoga, weights, go for walks, yard work.

Unfortunately, the only way to get it to fit in our apartment is to have it facing a closet. I preordered a Kindle fire & am telling myself its small size will fit perfectly on the treadmill and motivate me, but in the meantime, I'm hoping to steal some ideas from you all :)
  • MrsBlobs
    Options
    Help! I feel like I'm sabotaging myself...I have been faithful to my health goals for the past two weeks or so (allowing in my calories for some treats on weekends) and then a couple of days ago...I just stopped! I don't really know why I did...it's like all of a sudden I have no drive to work out and I want to eat every bad thing in site even when I don't really want it... help! I need some advice. The only positive thing that I continued is that I logged into myfitnesspal everyday.

Are you being realistic in your health goals? Maybe you need to set smaller goals that are more achievable and less punishing? I haven't looked at your profile to see what you're aiming at - so I'm not sure if that advice would help or not. But if you are being too strict that may be setting you up to rebel against it....people say this is a lifestyle thing and I know there is contention over that but, in reality we all want to make changes that last. That means they need to be something we can incorporate AND stick to, the more different from your norm the less that is likely to happen. You'll burn yourself out. Some things really do need 'baby steps'.

I have a whole arsenal of things that spur me on, even if I feel I'm lagging. I have a photo, an account of how I felt in the height of summer when I was sweltering and uncomfortable, I have a coat I'm wanting to get into, I have a double chin that stares back at me in the mirror, I have jeans I'm eyeing up right now! What is it that made you start this journey? Think back on it and how important it felt at the time.

Most of all - don't play down your acheivement to date!! It took guts to start, followed by good, hard work to get where you are now, don't forget that. Don't un-do what you have done. All that will happen then is that your self-esteem will take a hit. Don't do that to yourself.

Re-evaluate, re-set and then re-start. Also, two days is nothing. It's not a tragedy to ease off for two days, it only becomes a tragedy when you allow it to continue. You are worth more than that.

You know the saying - the only obstacles in your way are those you put there yourself. Find out what it is that's making you put those obstacles there and work on yourself to remove them.
  • linbaby4
    linbaby4 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am slowly falling back into my pattern of just eating any & everything! Although I don't neccesarily binge on the food I am eating a lot of take out and fast food. It wouldnt be so bad if I would counter those foods with at least a workout or something but it just ain't happening! I have been slacking on everything! Last night I had to FORCE myself to at least finish straigtening my hair. I need to get out of this lazy hump! Ugh its disgustinggg! My boyfriend just got a new job so our schedules are a little off and I stay up later to spend time with him & than I wake up late and rush out the door for classes all day and than I come home & lay on my lazy fat butt and tell myself after this show I'll write my paper and go for a walk. Butttt that never happens. I keep complaining about my busy schedule but I had a realization today that my schedule these past weeks have been blah and not as busy since I only work weekends. Hopefully it doesnt last for so long that I start gaining weight because I know I will ultimately just slowly give up. I want to stop it before it gets out of control!!
    Anyone else in a funk or have any advice or motivation to kick me into gear???
  • catlover98611
    catlover98611 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 4' 11" and a half and would love to be a part of this...
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

I do jump rope, walks outside (I have a treadmill, but I only use it if I can't walk outside as our winters are very long so I know I'll use the treadmill for months later), I use my wii (I just ordered EA Active 2), and my flirty girl fitness. I also add other things like push-ups,sit ups, wash the car type things, and also when my nephew is in town I run around with him which is a workout. However, there is a part of the flirty girl that has my arms n abs hurting that seems to work better than the push ups and sit ups and I started it two days ago. I wanted to start belly dancing but haven't incorporated it yet. I don't have a gym membership, so all of this takes place at home.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Are you being realistic in your health goals? Maybe you need to set smaller goals that are more achievable and less punishing? I haven't looked at your profile to see what you're aiming at - so I'm not sure if that advice would help or not. But if you are being too strict that may be setting you up to rebel against it....people say this is a lifestyle thing and I know there is contention over that but, in reality we all want to make changes that last. That means they need to be something we can incorporate AND stick to, the more different from your norm the less that is likely to happen. You'll burn yourself out. Some things really do need 'baby steps'.

I have a whole arsenal of things that spur me on, even if I feel I'm lagging. I have a photo, an account of how I felt in the height of summer when I was sweltering and uncomfortable, I have a coat I'm wanting to get into, I have a double chin that stares back at me in the mirror, I have jeans I'm eyeing up right now! What is it that made you start this journey? Think back on it and how important it felt at the time.

Most of all - don't play down your acheivement to date!! It took guts to start, followed by good, hard work to get where you are now, don't forget that. Don't un-do what you have done. All that will happen then is that your self-esteem will take a hit. Don't do that to yourself.

Re-evaluate, re-set and then re-start. Also, two days is nothing. It's not a tragedy to ease off for two days, it only becomes a tragedy when you allow it to continue. You are worth more than that.

You know the saying - the only obstacles in your way are those you put there yourself. Find out what it is that's making you put those obstacles there and work on yourself to remove them.

I would have to agree with all of this and also add that this isn't a quick fix even though I am sure everyone wishes it was, including myself. You will have slips, dips, and falls but that doesn't mean to give up or you're a horrible person, or you're not worthy. We are all learning and it takes times.
    Unfortunately because we don't have the metabolism of a teenager this is something we will have to keep up for the rest of our lives and because of that most likely we will have a time where we just lose focus, want to give up, or think why am I doing this? This is normal... the only difference we have to make is to keep going. Like already said re-evaluate your goals and maybe start off slower and also DO NOT downplay what you have done already. It's a step in the right direction.
  • jackshortstack
    jackshortstack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy Monday!
    I'm beating myself up today after indulging in too much wine last night so hoping sharing some weight loss wisdom will be my penance. A couple reccos:

Have you all tried Tofu shirotaki noodles? They are a GREAT stand in for pasta, super filling and the calories are negligible. When i am really hungry, I made a big bowl of "Fettuccine Girlfredo" (w w w. hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1398#alfredo) and I'm stuffed but stayed on track.

Secondly, I built myself a great 'girl power' play list for the gym. It keeps me motivated to finish and makes a big difference on the treadmill! I'd be happy to share the list of songs if anyone is interested.

have a great week everyone!
  • bobbijo47
    Options
    I'm also in some sort of funk......... can't get my butt in gear. I think it is the weather, it's been rainy and cold here. The great thing is I haven't gained anything but I didin't lose anything this week either. I'm looking to buy some dvd to help me exercise, so hopefully that will help me.
    Why can't this be easy......................:} My husband decided to lose weight also, And I do want to do better than him, so that will be my push.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you havent done 30 Day Shred, do it :) Its twenty minutes so it doesnt waste your whole day and it really helps! Its pretty much the only exercise I've been doing (other than two days of one hour on the treadmill) and it has been reshaping my body.

I love it.

Also, I get really bored on the treadmill so I got some books on CD at the library and loaded them onto my Ipod. So I listen to books while I walk. A good mystery will really get me walking fast and the suspense gets my heart pumping. Books on my Ipod are the only reason I can stomach the treadmill. It actually makes me look forward to it because its the only time I get to listen to my books :)

Come on, girls!! We can do this :)
  • MissJennZ
    MissJennZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! (i think...)

Just dropping by to say hi! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. I overindulged (sp?) and I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. Its midterms this week, unfortunatly one of the last things on my mind is grabbing a healthy snack. I did go grocery shopping and gave all my sweets and junk food to my neighbor kid, he's young and will burn off the calories in an instant!

Hoping to control my cravings tonight while i study!

Jenn