"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I did this today! I skipped my typical Monday at the gym and sat here and swore at Jillian. It wasn't as horrible as Day 1 of 30DS so I guess it's a good thing. Yeah!!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Cant wait till I get home and do this...I'm feeling a bit under the weather today but with runny nose and all I promise to do this...Lets get Ripped!!!
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good Morning/Afternoon/Day Rippers!!!

Well, MochaBlues is so proud to report that Day 1, Week 1 is behind her!:drinker:

Well, I can say, it wasn't so bad, now that its over:laugh: I started this workout with my 2.5 lb Zumba weights, because I didn't want to start out with the 5lbs and I don't have 3lbs. Anyway, that Sheila is built like a monster (:noway: -I wouldn't mind that at all) For the most part, I hung with Sheila.

I was pleasantly surprised about some of the familiar rountines in the shred. However, with Jillian focusing so much on form in this DVD, I felt as though I had been doing some of the routines incorrectly. I dunno, but I was doing my best to try and maintain proper form, that will definitely be a challenge for me over the next 30 days.

Okay, forewaring (*****ing session) what's with those vertical leaps?:noway: :grumble: :angry: Sheeesh, and here I thought when she broke out the "skaters" cardio, I was thinkin, I've done those before not a problem, but Good Lord, did you all see how "Bee" did them- MY gawd:laugh: :noway: I tried to hang with her, but only managed a couple.

Now, on the shred, I could only do the basic side planks with Natalie, Did you all see those Planks "Bee" did? WTH, kind of mess it that?? LOL. MochaBlues definitely has her work cut out for her!

Good workout overall, I was guzzling water throughout the entire workout....Ripped in 30, is definitely doing wonders for my water intake :laugh:

See all you Rippers tomorrow! Happy Ripping---> Oh and be sure to GET IT DONE! You'll be glad you did:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Good Luck everyone. I have been doing a few weeks now. I am doing Level 2 I don't do it every day. I can't I get to bored with the same workout. It is a very good workout. I tried getting up at 5 every day last week to do it. I did but I got on day 3 and I was exhausted. I do love these workouts. I have a 2 year old she used to go to bed between 7-8 now it's 8-9 by the time I get done with her I am so tired. That's why I was getting up at 5am but it wears me out. I may just go back to the night workout and staying up a little bit later.
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    I'm in! A friend of mine and I were planning on doing Ripped starting October (the meal plan and all)!
    I'm planning on doing my workouts after work. I know I will need some motivation with this. I'll make some more comments after I get through the first workout tonight :)
  • MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cant wait till I get home and do this...I'm feeling a bit under the weather today but with runny nose and all I promise to do this...Lets get Ripped!!!

Wonderful! Let's get it in Rippers!! I know its difficult to get it in, in the morning, heck I'll probably alternate mornings and evenings myself, ...pretty much will be a day by day type of deal. As of right now, I have to get my *kitten* moving up out the bed by 5:30 am :grumble: in order to get the workouts in. So, needless to say, some evening workouts are just inevitable :laugh:

Btw, WELCOME Rippers.... Jdavis & Carrotz, love to have you join us!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the meal plan and I'm not impressed. I guess I was expecting more detail and such. It's pretty much similar to most of the other meal plans that are out there right now. Don't pick on me, but I have the "Look Better Naked" book from Women's Health and the meal plans from that are pretty good. I'm trying to use ideas from all of them and really pay attention to getting enough water, veggies, fiber and the right nutrients. I'm determined to be smokin through the holidays this year - starting with Halloween.
  • Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK, I procrastinated until about 10:45 a.m. and then I knocked it out. I stayed with the lower intensity fairly well, but my side planks were kind of crappy. I am amazed at the amount of calories burned in 24 minutes...I have to walk 40-45 minutes to get the same results. I'm thinking that alone will be enough motivation to keep me on track! I'm hoping to lose 8-10 lbs. during October and I feel like this just might help me do it!
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well, I too have completed my first day of Ripped! It definitely is a good workout! I was a little disappointed with circuit 1, but maybe I'll just have to use heavier weights tomorrow (only for the first circuit, cuz the other two kicked my *kitten*!) I used 5 pound weights for all of 30 DS and I could have used heavier ones for some of the moves, but didn't have any. Maybe tomorrow I'll try 8 pounds for the first circuit and stick to 5 pounds for the rest.

Overall, it should be a great workout as long as I stick to it and I'm hoping that by next month I will be "ripped"!!!

Mocha I love you post about your first day, and I totally agree!

My goal is to work on my form. Some of the moves are new, and I've never seen them, so hopefully I can get them down and do them properly to get the best bang for my buck!

If you haven't done your workout yet today, make sure you get it in!! I know we all work out at different times depending on what works best. But whenever it is, just make sure you do it! :)
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I go to work for the day, and all of you get talkative! :laugh: Oh, this is bad, I can't remember if I posted this morning.... I'll be back!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    OK, I DID post. (Man, sometimes elementary kids "fry" my brain!) I've been meaning to check out the diet plan. I still pretty much do WW and their points plus thing, but heavier on the protein and I count my fruits and veggies.

Don't you love, "I am an innovator"? Please, give me a break!
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Time for my comments!
    I completed my workout after work today. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. However I was doing JM's 6 Wk. 6 Pack in August so that might explain why Level 1 wasn't too difficult. Although I do expect to be sore tomorrow morning! Didn't have to talk back to JM too often today but I'm guessing tomorrow when my muscles are sore there may be some more back talk! Bring it on JM.

My biggest challenge with this Ripped in 30 is the 5x a week workouts and eating right every day. I'm not used to meal planning, making my meals every day, and not over-eating. However, I am up for the challenge! I took my before pictures and measurements. I took my weight at the same time every morning last week and calculated an average from those to get a starting weight. Cannot wait until I get to take my after photos!!

Good luck everyone! The journey has begun!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    First day done! :smile:

Too much downtime trying to figure out what the heck I was supposed to be doing, I should have watched it first. Those dumbbell fly squats were hard for me, even with only 4 pound dumbbells. Must be an area I need to work on. Oh, I cannot do that running man thing at all, my arms and legs just kept ending up forward when they should have been back and so on. Odd. I don't know what was up with my body there. :laugh:

I still need to take measurements and pics but will wait a day or two....bad timing. :wink:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Running around from the time I got off work so I totally did not get to work out at all today...will start tomorrow..
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just did my first Ripped in 30 workout.
    I will love having some support.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a JM rotation this month from my vast DVD collection. Was doing lots of heavy lifting prior and did Nmtz this morning. I'll take pics stats and update with those later. :) Yay for new rotations.
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about it this morning! But I did one day of the workout a few days ago so I will count that. I will be up at 6:00 tomorrow morning to work out with Jillian. Oh joy!
  • LaMaMiK77
    Options
    Hi ladies so I did level 1 day 1 of ripped in 30...It was a little harder than the 30 day shred...but I really like it!!! :smile:
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Starting this tomorrow! Guess I could technically count today as my first day, but it was my recovery day from exercise. ;) Not sure how much of Jillian I'll be able to tolerate, but I'll try to make it through the 30 days! :laugh:
  • pakks
    pakks Posts: 30
    Options
    Did Day 2

I am completely sore, my right thighs are quite sore while I cant feel anything in the left, same for right hand.
    Am I doing something wrong ?