THE Team ~ Week 7~ March 20th - 26th

Options

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Oh yay!! I lost 3.5 inches (combined) from 2 weeks ago! (I do measurements every 2 weeks) Ohhh I am happy, my waist is almost back to what it was!

Yay you go girl..I am very proud of you and your accomplishments keep up the GREAT work..:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    LosingIt4good - Great advice on the heart healthy diet. I think I'm going to pick up on that challenge too. My family doesn't have too bad of a history with that but it's there for sure. They do have a history of obesity, however, which definately isn't good for the heart so keeping some of those things in mind might not be a bad idea :tongue: .

My father had 2 heart transplants and died when he was 47. He was Oregons 1st transplant in 1985, then had another in 1990. His sister died of heart disease and so did my grandfather so its definitely there in my family. Aside from the heart stuff, breast cancer also runs in the family.. my mom & my great aunt....

Congrats on the 2#'s & Welcome back!!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    smiley16650.gifsmiley16650.gifsmiley16650.gif

Happy dances all around!!!!!! Yayyyyyy, wootwoot, hoorahhhh! Good job everybody!!

Dewdrop SW 134/GW 124/CW 131 1 lb. lost
    Swignal SW 317/GW 150/ CW 310 loss 5 lbs
    Stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 440/ The dreaded PLATEAU!!
    LosingIt4Good- SW 220/GW 175/CW 219/ loss 1 lb
    Adopt4- SW 273/GW 191/CW 251.3 - 2.2 pounds lost!!
    LaciJae - SW 199/GW 140/ CW 178 - 2 lbs
    lulubar - SW205/GW 145/CW191 - 2 lbs. lost

Krisi - I hereby declare there is no such thing as a plateau unless we go more that 2 weeks without a change - I seem to lose every other week??!! I think sometimes my body just needs to rearrange itself before moving forward!

Cardiojunkie - Welcome. You've come to a good place! I will warn you though, there are scale snatchers about, so don't be weighing yourself but once a week! You will come under friendly fire:bigsmile:

Chanty - If I was dead AND a half, (well, and could run miles on end) I'd be dropping inches too! You go girl!!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Li4g - Aww cute monkey! Aww..the genetics are not nice on your side eh? You can beat them by keeping healthy!!!

Shiela - Thanks hun! I am very proud of you as well good job on the 5 pounds!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Shiela, wow, good job! You're so motivated! At this pace, you'll be buttoning those pants in no time! Keep up the good job! :flowerforyou:

lulubar, you're cool as always. A great motivator and cheering me up for the day. Well Krist's pics are also making my day, I have to confess.

Does it seem to you like I'm pretty much back in the cheerleaders' group? You bet I am! :wink:
  • lulubar
    Options
    And a great cheerleader you are dewdrop! We love ya for it too!!!!:heart:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team guess what I noticed when I was looking in the mirror today??? My double chin is leaving me :laugh: Good Ridens :laugh: I cant believe it :happy: adios a migos to the double chin

Sheila
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Dewdrop SW 134/GW 124/CW 131 1 lb. lost
    Swignal SW 317/GW 150/ CW 310 loss 5 lbs
    Stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 440/ The dreaded PLATEAU!!
    LosingIt4Good- SW 220/GW 175/CW 219/ loss 1 lb
    Adopt4- SW 273/GW 191/CW 251.3 - 2.2 pounds lost!!
    LaciJae - SW 199/GW 140/ CW 178 - 2 lbs
    lulubar - SW205/GW 145/CW191 - 2 lbs. lost
    Nitag - Can't weigh in.. Husband hid that damn scale really good..!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

He said he will give it back to me Thursday night for next Friday's weigh in.. Uggg.. How can I live without it ... Chuckle!!!!

WOW guys.. You guys all rock...

Welcome new ones.. Can't remember anyone's name but this is a great TEAM...

Love ya all...
  • nitag
    Options
    Hey Team guess what I noticed when I was looking in the mirror today??? My double chin is leaving me :laugh: Good Ridens :laugh: I cant believe it :happy: adios a migos to the double chin

Sheila

Sheila - Yeah.. No more double chin.. I love not having mine.... I don't miss it at all...
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Man I didn't lose any weight but hey ~ I didn't gain any either...I will try harder this week. Congratulations to everyone on the weight loss!!!!

Thank God it's Friday :drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'm back. Sorry I had to bail for a bit. 2 reasons

1- had to carb load for a half-marathon and wouldn't if I kept reading everyone's posts. I'd end up eating too low for the week instead of eating normal.
    2-discouraged with the scale not budging.

I've made some decisions. Due to my disease and the fluctuation in water in my body I have chosen to put the scales away. I will use my clothes as a guide. As time progresses I may pop it out once a month. I become a slave to it. Although I know mentaly that I can gain many pounds in a day (not real but water) it seems to derail me. So I'm standing against it.

Miss you guys!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Prayerful- Nice!! A half marathon! Thats awesome! I know all about those carb loading days. My daughters 1st track meet is tomorrow and she is running the 800m and the 400m so I've been carbing her up all week. She needs it anyway, but is especially important once her meets start to become regular. Her coach wanted her to run 6 events this season! :noway: He finally settled on the 2 that he is confident will take her to state. She's been to regionals for track but not state, so shes pretty excited.

Good idea to put that scale away. I put mine under the bathroom sink so Im not tempted to step on it every morning. Out of site, out of mind. I wont weigh unless I can do it first thing in the AM and usually Im so tired I dont think about it until later. :laugh:
  • nitag
    Options
    I'm back. Sorry I had to bail for a bit. 2 reasons

1- had to carb load for a half-marathon and wouldn't if I kept reading everyone's posts. I'd end up eating too low for the week instead of eating normal.
    2-discouraged with the scale not budging.

I've made some decisions. Due to my disease and the fluctuation in water in my body I have chosen to put the scales away. I will use my clothes as a guide. As time progresses I may pop it out once a month. I become a slave to it. Although I know mentaly that I can gain many pounds in a day (not real but water) it seems to derail me. So I'm standing against it.

Miss you guys!

Hi Prayerful,

My husband took my scale away. He said I focus on it too much as well. He said I can have it back next friday.. Stay focused and we can do this..

miss you too....

nita
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey everyone! Swignal invited me to join, and I'm really excited about it...so I hope it's ok if I do! Congratulations to everyone who's already lost some weight, I can't wait until I'm one of you!:bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Welcome aboard DWray!!!!!!

Stick with it and you will see some great results. Swignal is showin us how its done this week!! :happy:
  • lulubar
    Options
    Welcome DWray! This is where all the cool kids hang :smokin: heehee ~ glad you're here.

Prayerful !hug.gif Missed you! It's very cool that you put the scale away! (You should call Kristi and Adopt4 and tell them to do the same:bigsmile: ) Fortunately, Anita's dh hid hers.... Good for you for knowing what needs to be done and then just DOING it!! You're awesome!

I am sooooooo EXCITED!! My son is playing at the Howlin' Wolf tonight - a very famous club in New Orleans and a super awesome gig for him - and I and dh and daughter and three 20something nephews and their girlfriends! My dd's boyfriend can't join - his loss. My son is the singer and writes most of their songs - music and lyrics. I don't know what their musical genre is?? Like a hard-funk-rock-soul sound:glasses: very groovy beat, fun to dance to. I'm a little biased though:blushing: Still, you just have to trust me when I say they are fantastic!! They are building a web site now so maybe you can check 'em out soon. OHHHHHH and !!! Columbia Records is scouting at the club tonight. Okay, I'll quit boring you with my bragging now... thanks for being tolerant:smooched:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    LosingIt4good- Very cool about your daughter and her racing!

nitag- someone else in it with me and no scale:wink: I'm so glad someone is in it with me.

DWray44- welcome!

Lulu- that is exciting about your son. You brag on lady. When his site is up let us know so we can hear too. NOLA has a special place in my heart. I was priveledged to come out last year and did some Katrina and Gustav repairs. I even got to learn roofing:tongue:

adopt4- like Lulu said…we need to steel your scale!

Kristi- same as above:smile:

Congratulations losers and maintainers!
    Dewdrop 1 lb. lost
    Swignal loss 5 lbs
    Stillkristi - Maintainer
    LosingIt4Good- loss 1 lb
    Adopt4- - 2.2 pounds lost!!
    LaciJae - - 2 lbs
    lulubar - - 2 lbs. lost
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Well.. since I had little ones today I decided to get dinner going in the crockpot. Once I got the baby down for a nap.. I strapped on the HRM and the little 4 year old girl I watch and I did the walking away the pounds workout. She was so dang cute trying to keep up and she made it almost a whole mile before she said "Im too hot!" and went to the kitchen for her water.. LOL I got 3 miles done in 36 minutes and burned 522 calories according to my HRM. I wore my sweats this time, which is prolly a good thing... since I am sweating like a pig!

Lulu.... how cool that you get to go hear him play! That sounds like alot of fun!! For sure let us know when he gets a site up and running and I'll go check out his music. Best of luck to him with Columbia Records scouting!! That could be very very good for him!

Rock on! musicband.gif
  • nitag
    Options
    LI4G - Walk away the pounds??? Enlighten me please..
  • nitag
    Options
    Hey everyone! Swignal invited me to join, and I'm really excited about it...so I hope it's ok if I do! Congratulations to everyone who's already lost some weight, I can't wait until I'm one of you!:bigsmile:

Welcome - we have a great Team here... Fun fun fun they are I tell ya.

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: