Ripped In 30 September!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Ineedtolose20
    Options
    I just completed Day 5 of Level 2 today. I fell behind 2 days as I was not home. So I will do 2 more days at Level 2 and then begin Level #3. I have done #3 a few times so I remember it being tough on the quads, squat walk? Anyhow, I wanted to address the walking up the leg exercise. It is actually on the P90X workout for ABS but to make it more challenging, just reach up to the foot instead of walking up it. Along with the crow push ups, the table top is hard on my shoulders and I too wish I could mute her but then I won't know when to stop and start the next exercise.
  • hennyben
    Options
    I did day 3 of week 3 today. I started it Thursday and took Fri and Sunday off already!! (I ran on Sunday instead). I find it really tough but people are starting to comment on how well I look, which is keeping me going. Of course I never took before measurements:ohwell:
    I might spend a couple extra days on this level because I've not been doing a lot of the modified moves so from tomorrow I'll start trying all advance (except for that damn duck walk).
    Did any of you notice that in circuit 1 she skips the last strength exercise - the one with the squat and staggered rows on 2nd time round??
  • awkennon
    awkennon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did any of you notice that in circuit 1 she skips the last strength exercise - the one with the squat and staggered rows on 2nd time round??

YES, and it drives me crazy. I now pause the DVD there and do the other side. I'm also modifying some of her ab stuff. It's so advanced that when I try to do them, I hardly feel a thing. I think it's better to do what gives a burn instead of half-arsing the ab hold, etc.
  • asw1077
    Options
    I noticed it too but though FREEBIEE!! haha

Well we did Level 4 last night... and half of it was me looking at the TV confused thinking "you want me to do what?!"

Quite the workout Ladies!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    How is level 4??? I am starting it on sunday......I dont like this disc quite as much as 30DS.....I dont know if its bc I cant do all of the moves right or what....maybe I'm just not feeling it
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'M SUPER BORED OF THIS DVD!! I've been half assing week 3 because I'm so BORED. I've been running and doing the dvd a little. Bleh. 1. I don't care for Jillian Michaels' persona to begin with. 2. I hate listening/doing the same stuff over and over again. Oh, but I see progress!!! Behold:

Hello muscles, WELCOME TO THE PARTY!
    2jg2kxj.jpg
  • hennyben
    Options
    How is level 4??? I am starting it on sunday......I dont like this disc quite as much as 30DS.....I dont know if its bc I cant do all of the moves right or what....maybe I'm just not feeling it

Me too, I much prefer 30DS. Some of the moves on Ri30 are a bit ridiculous. And Jillian is VERY annoying
  • hennyben
    Options
    I'M SUPER BORED OF THIS DVD!! I've been half assing week 3 because I'm so BORED. I've been running and doing the dvd a little. Bleh. 1. I don't care for Jillian Michaels' persona to begin with. 2. I hate listening/doing the same stuff over and over again. Oh, but I see progress!!! Behold:

Hello muscles, WELCOME TO THE PARTY!

Looking good girl! I've also been running to avoid doing Ri30. I came on here just now to see how you all were getting on with it, hoping it would inspire me to get off my *kitten* and do my last day of week 3 but you're obviously feeling the same way I'm feeling about it. I'm not giving up though, I'm gonna complete it.
  • Ineedtolose20
    Options
    Just finally completed day 7 of level 2. Going away all the time interferes with my daily workout routine. What do other people do when they are away and have no access to DVD machines or workout rooms?
  • Rebekah2918
    Rebekah2918 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 2.....still cant do those crow push-ups right....this level stinks!!!

Agreed...I cannot wait for this level to end, even if level 3 is harder! LOL
  • Rebekah2918
    Rebekah2918 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On level 2 my HRM gives me around 280....but it depends on your height, weight, and how high your HR gets

I hit right about 289 on my HRM so I just quick add 280 for my exercise.
  • Ineedtolose20
    Options
    I just started Level 3 and ugh it is BRUTAL! I hate that duck walk and she is brutal again on the shoulders. I have to say I am in agreement with the majority that 30Shred is better but maybe it is because I am more use to it. I have to say that it is going to take me a lot of convincing to do this level 3 for an entire week. Ugh! Hoping it gets a little easier.
    Is anyone following any kind of diet?
  • Ineedtolose20
    Options
    I read this on the Livestrong.com site:

The number of calories you burn during one session of the 30 Day Shred will depend on a number of factors including your gender, body weight, exercise intensity level and lean muscle and body fat composition. According to buddyslim.com, a 154-pound individual can burn 503 calories from doing the 30 Day Shred program for one hour. In 30 minutes, this individual will burn roughly 250 calories.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/299011-how-many-calories-are-burned-doing-the-30-day-shred/#ixzz1ZCwwTS9r
  • Kaecklund
    Options
    Ok, I quit. Ready to move on to my interval training and running. SO sick of this video. I'm not a big fan of Jillian Michaels anymore - except for her protein powder. I dropped a couple pounds from dieting and did notice a difference in my tone. Not sure if you can see much of a difference in the pictures or not, but here goes (bottom is before, top is after - backwards, I know!):
    dh2vf5.png
    Can't wait to see everyone else's results!
  • Kaecklund
    Options
    Where is everyone's results?!?! I've been waiting patiently!