Options

Replies

• Tereztaylor07
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I posted this last week. I must have misunderstood the directions. I was under the impression that you could only have (1) fruit as a snack or a boiled egg or a salad or unlimited veggies w/ salsa and we were to pick 2 a day along with 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites mixed in veggies for breakfast. I eat my daily requirement of fruits and veggies everyday, but when I was trying to stick to this diet, I was all thrown off on my veggies and fruit. I went shopping and found myself very lightheaded .... not sure why.... but I am assuming that it is because even though I ate 2 servings each of this 3 cups per serving soup, I was really under on my calorie intake those few days. I didn't quit the soup, IT IS A GREAT TASTING SOUP...... but I did freeze a good portion of it....in 3 cup portions... and I intend to feed my husband , along with myself with each 3 cup portions and I went back to my regular eating. I am having great success with just my daily fruits and veggies along with my oatmeal and lean meat w/ veggies and a small portion of brown rice or sweet potatoes / regular potato. I have been able to balance out my days along with my exercising to stay in the green with my calories, carbs, and fat. Those are very important to me. This soup is great, but it really threw me off and it is a good thing I lost when I first started it because for the first time since my journey began, I think I stalled on my weight loss. Back to plan ( A ) for me...... But I will eat the soup, occasionally for a nice , hot , bowl of what I think tastes like chili! :wink:
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bumkp!
  • houle123
    Options
    bump
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've made it twice. The first time was with ground beef and black beans. The second was with ground turkey and pinto beans. I didn't have cumin so I used paprika both times. I liked it better with the beef and black beans. I lost 5 pounds in seven days. I went back to eating my 1200 calorie a day diet and have not regained any of the loss.
  • sueozzy
    sueozzy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yum, this sounds delish! Just wondering, with that amount of ingredients, how many meals do you get out of it? Also, are you having the soup just for lunch or dinner, or both? Thanks! xx
  • WalkTheTalk
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
  • tlc4ever
    tlc4ever Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this. It sounds delicious. Thanks!
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Bump
  • wholefoodgirl
    Options
    sounds like a nice soup -- will try to make some this week!
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eveydunton
    eveydunton Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    love it! thanks for sharing!!
  • Noahsmom323
    Noahsmom323 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the plan, and what is a serving size? It sounds great!
  • Marylynn83
    Marylynn83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i will def try this!! Sounds good
  • railzy
    railzy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tried this soup tonight! It is very good! It doesn't specifiy what type of canned bean to use, so I used Navy beans b/c that is what I had at home. Hubby liked it and it was very filling. Hope it works!
  • ohhhhkkkk
    Options
    Bump