Oct. schedule for Beth's Angels Toning Group (anyone is welc

Options

Replies

• belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Belinda and I really need that toning(especially arms). The biggest problem I see is the push ups. I have arthritis really bad in right shoulder and push-up just about kill me, but I will just pace them out through tthe day. Now have to get started on those squats for today!!! 8 lbs to go for goal and they will probably be the hardest to conquoer!!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today we do a new exercise: 50 reverse crunches which will work your lower abs (the pouch for those of us who have had children). If you don't know what a reverse crunch is I would recommend looking it up on either youtube or google - it is hard to explain in words. It is a great exercise though and something new. Check in when completed!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Welcome all newcomers - the more the merrier. As for the water on Saturdays (which I am really bad about I will be honest) is atleast 8 glasses. If you aren't a friend of mine already, don't hesitate to friend me so you can also see the posts on my wall.
  • MuseumOfAsh
    Options
    I totally forgot to do this yesterday, but today I did the crunches for today AND the squats for yesterday. All caught up now!
  • MuseumOfAsh
    Options
    Hi, my name is Belinda and I really need that toning(especially arms). The biggest problem I see is the push ups. I have arthritis really bad in right shoulder and push-up just about kill me, but I will just pace them out through tthe day. Now have to get started on those squats for today!!! 8 lbs to go for goal and they will probably be the hardest to conquoer!!!!

If you can't do push-ups, I'm sure it would be just fine if you found an exercise you can do that works the same muscle group. Like today, I can't do a reverse crunch to save my life but I found a way to do it that worked the same muscle group but was an exercise I could handle. Don't do something that's going to hurt you!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options

If you can't do push-ups, I'm sure it would be just fine if you found an exercise you can do that works the same muscle group. Like today, I can't do a reverse crunch to save my life but I found a way to do it that worked the same muscle group but was an exercise I could handle. Don't do something that's going to hurt you!

Some do push-ups against the wall so you don't put as much stress on your arms/wrists. It all works the same. I will tell you I can only do about 5 real ones then I do the rest girlie ones (on my knees). Plus, it is ok to break them up in to groups (like groups of 10). Whatever works for you is fine.
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    My reverse crunches are complete - my lower abs are a little sore but I like it.
  • Husker99
    Options
    My reverse Crunches are complete not really sure that I did them correctly, but will keep at it. There was a good video on You Tube demonstrated the exercise.
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    am feeling a little sick today and had the day off work, but still managed to do my reverse crunches from yesterday :-) and pushups (its Wed here in Oz)
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Beth's Angels Toning Group: Today's mission is 50 push-ups done any way you can (real ones, girlie ones - on the knees, against the wall, etc). Just as long as you completed them. You can even break them up into sections if that works for you. Check in when completed!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    50 push-ups completed (10 real ones and 40 girlie ones) - my arms feel like jello now.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just found this group..Can I join in too??

btw..My name is Renuka and I am currently doing another challenge for the cardio and other things... I have 20 lbs to lose and finding really hard to tone my abs...
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amy. I'm a SAHM and have 2 boys. I'd love to join this group, as I am horrible about doing toning exercises on my own. I am 20 lbs. from goal weight, and I really need to tone up this skin!

I just completed 50 push ups (against the wall).

Thanks for this group!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Both newcomers - welcome. Just jump right in. I post both on this board and on my wall what each day's mission is. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm in too! My name is Denise, found the group through Amy's wall. We just follow the challenge through this thread, and on your wall? Guess that means I can make friend number two on here. :D
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Is it too late?
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    Everyone is welcomed - just jump right in:smile:
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Both newcomers - welcome. Just jump right in. I post both on this board and on my wall what each day's mission is. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

hey thanks.. I did read your message here and completed 50 pushups for today.. :-)
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Lynda. I'm 26 and am working towards losing 76lbs. I've lost 36 so far. Once I hit my current goal weight of 185 (this is when my BMI will shift from obese to overweight) I will reasses and decide how much further I want to go. I'm thinking the end goal will be around 140, but honestly, I started at 261, I'm at 225 right now and it is just too hard for me to comprehend that level of loss. So I'm taking it one step at a time. I'm super excited to be a part of this toning challenge!
  • A_New_Horizon
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Lynda. I'm 26 and am working towards losing 76lbs. I've lost 36 so far. Once I hit my current goal weight of 185 (this is when my BMI will shift from obese to overweight) I will reasses and decide how much further I want to go. I'm thinking the end goal will be around 140, but honestly, I started at 261, I'm at 225 right now and it is just too hard for me to comprehend that level of loss. So I'm taking it one step at a time. I'm super excited to be a part of this toning challenge!

Welcome aboard - just jump right in