Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    finishing off the day with some yummy biscuits to boost my calorie intake :)
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Morning all sorry I haven't been around much been really busy getting used to my new routine of my middle child going tp nursery in the afternoons I feel like I live at the school now as him and my oldests times don't match up at all but I suppose it gets me walking more and I can get a bit of exercise done while its just me and the baby at home.

So how have you all been? Did you all have good weekends?
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning Team UK,

Had a weigh in this morning and have lost 6 lbs in the last 8 days but it's only week one of getting back on the wagon so well pleased but only expect to lose one or two pounds next week. Hoping for a calmer day today after yesterday's drama. My elderly dog Jack collapsed out on his walk yesterday. I had to leave him in the field with my friend and take the two younger dogs home. By the time I got back to him he was on his feet looking for me. I managed to walk him slowly home. I missed my swim to keep an eye on him just incase I had to do an emergency dash to the Vet but by dinner time he was leaping about like a Gazelle LOL. So it looks like separate walks from today. Big walks for the younger two who need it and a shorter walk for the old boy Jack. On the up side more exercise for me. I'm planning a swim as well today.

Have a good day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • moon_light10
    Options
    Good Morning Peeps

Looking out the window, the weather looks like she hasnt made her mind up yet, so am hoping its going to be a bit cooler today.
    No plans for today as yet, but sure I'll end up doing something

H.A.N.D.A.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

Tuesday already, which makes it one step closer to the w/end!! :happy:

Those of you on my friends list, will already have seen my good news - I managed to lose 2lbs in weight this week. Another half a pound and I will have lost 3st in total!! I still have just over 3st in weight to lose, but I AM getting there slowly but surely!!

Didn't quite manage to get out of bed in time to do a 30DS session, but I have TKD class later so that'll be my exercise for the day :drinker:

@ lilyinlove oops!! I don't think any woman enjoys being on a period. Keep going tho, you know where we are if you need us x

Enough from me for now, I need to get my head down and do some actual work. I'll poke my head in later x
  • moon_light10
    Options
    found out today that I have one silly cat,
    went looking for her in the house, couldnt see her, went to the bathroom, to get dirty towels, and there she is sitting in the bath, the cold taps dripping, and she having a drink, and playing in the bath with the water.

Oh, and got weighed this morning, and have lost 2lbs, and 3"
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ooops, posted on the old thread first.

Morning all, what a change in weather from last week. Cold and windy in Edinburgh today. I'm thinking winter soups and stews compared to the BBQ and ice lollies of last week.

I've been a bit rubbish since my birthday last week. And it's my 3 year old's birthday tomorrow so my house is full of chocolate crispie cakes and marshmallow top hats. Not good for my getting back on track week !

Also just discovered that I've saved myself 100 calories changing from a skinny latte to an Americano topped with skimmed milk. Not quite the same but for 100 cals I'll put up with it. How did I not know this ???

Have a good day.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Morning all sorry I haven't been around much been really busy getting used to my new routine of my middle child going tp nursery in the afternoons I feel like I live at the school now as him and my oldests times don't match up at all but I suppose it gets me walking more and I can get a bit of exercise done while its just me and the baby at home.

So how have you all been? Did you all have good weekends?

I remember it well - I have only now got to one drop off and pic up from same place at same time as both little ones are now in same junior school !!! Eldest is now at secondary but she gets the bus and sorts herself out !! It does eventually get easier !
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Morning Team UK,

Had a weigh in this morning and have lost 6 lbs in the last 8 days but it's only week one of getting back on the wagon so well pleased but only expect to lose one or two pounds next week. Hoping for a calmer day today after yesterday's drama. My elderly dog Jack collapsed out on his walk yesterday. I had to leave him in the field with my friend and take the two younger dogs home. By the time I got back to him he was on his feet looking for me. I managed to walk him slowly home. I missed my swim to keep an eye on him just incase I had to do an emergency dash to the Vet but by dinner time he was leaping about like a Gazelle LOL. So it looks like separate walks from today. Big walks for the younger two who need it and a shorter walk for the old boy Jack. On the up side more exercise for me. I'm planning a swim as well today.

Glad he is OK - my lab is feeling her age now and cant walk for as long - my other dog is a year older tho but is still pounding around !!!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning Team UK,

Glad he is OK - my lab is feeling her age now and cant walk for as long - my other dog is a year older tho but is still pounding around !!!
    I took Jack out for separate walk today. I just took to the fields to let him have potter around but he decided to have a run a round instead so he must be feeling loads better. I think the heat was too much for him although he has been out and about in it all week.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    No gym today having leg wax
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Morning Team UK,

That weight loss is amazing! <3
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Great work on your losses Margo, Moonlight and Kendra :)

Suz, that happens all the time! I've seen some people that drink 6 or so coffees per day with sugar in each which makes for a whole lot of potential calories to cut back but they think of it as just a drink so it is often missed! I'm lucky in that I would prefer and instant coffee or cup of tea but I do occasionally have a milky coffee if I am out - def couldn't do it with just a tad of milk though as it would be far too strong for me!

I haven't had the best day today, ate some leftover marscapone that was in the fridge because I was feeling rubbish and didn't want to prepare anything and it was the only ready-to-eat food we had, which was stupid because it wasn't even enjoyable and was probably a bazillion calories :( Binges are definitely my weakness, I generally have no problems eating healthily all the time it's just those once in a while 'psychotic breaks' that are my downfall haha not quite that melodramatic perhaps :P Had a long nap and now I feel a bit better. I think I'm going to take the rest of the day easy but try to still eat well - back to logging tomorrow,

Take care xo
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Brrrr, how quickly has the weather changed from our Indian summer back to our more typical autumn.

Much better day for me today. Started with a half hour zumba session on the Wii which really energised me for my day at work, then lots of walking for the school run and running errands. It will be an early night for me as another manic day at work is expected for tomorrow.

Take care all, Sam
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Ok, so had a rubbish day today - not really with food (other than the marscapone). Just an icky day I guess... didn't change out of my jammies, napped half the day, cried for no reason at all, haven't eaten since 10am... Everything will be better tomorrow though, just an off day. As much as I love London, I do still have days where it is tough to be here and I think about everything in Australia that I had to sacrifice.

How was everyone elses day?
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ok, so had a rubbish day today - not really with food (other than the marscapone). Just an icky day I guess... didn't change out of my jammies, napped half the day, cried for no reason at all, haven't eaten since 10am... Everything will be better tomorrow though, just an off day. As much as I love London, I do still have days where it is tough to be here and I think about everything in Australia that I had to sacrifice.

Sorry to hear your having a bad day it must be hard to be so far from home. Hope you feel happier tomorrow!

I'm ok thanks missing the sun I don't know if anyone else has found since losing weight how much more you feel the cold I never used to own jumpers but I had to get some cheap hoodies from the next sale I look like a right chav lol. It's the first time I've ever been a healthy weight and I'm finding it weird not having my thermal layer lol. I think I'm going to freeze this winter.

On a good note I've lost another pound so that's a puns nearer to the middle of the healthy weight range! Just wish I could lose the exess skin from having my kids don't think I'm ever going to be wearing bikinis in my life lol.

Better be off now see you all tomorrow :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Aww sorry you've not had a very nice day...tomorrow will be much better!:flowerforyou:
  • stargirl99
    Options

Sorry to hear your having a bad day it must be hard to be so far from home. Hope you feel happier tomorrow!

I'm ok thanks missing the sun I don't know if anyone else has found since losing weight how much more you feel the cold I never used to own jumpers but I had to get some cheap hoodies from the next sale I look like a right chav lol. It's the first time I've ever been a healthy weight and I'm finding it weird not having my thermal layer lol. I think I'm going to freeze this winter.

On a good note I've lost another pound so that's a puns nearer to the middle of the healthy weight range! Just wish I could lose the exess skin from having my kids don't think I'm ever going to be wearing bikinis in my life lol.

Better be off now see you all tomorrow :)

Sorry to hear you had a bad day LilMissFoodie, hope you feel better tomorrow.

I know what you mean about feeling colder, I really feel it in the fridge aisles at the supermarket!!

I've had a long day, was at a big meeting for work that I had to do a presentation at so glad thats out the way but day two tomorrow is team building activities which I'm not looking forward to!

Haven't done any exercise today but got two classes tomorrow night which should make up for it
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a good day and a good week so far! Almost half way through the week which means we're closer to the weekend, wahoo!

I'm off to Hertfordshire on Saturday, anyone live there and can tell me what it's like? :)
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hi there! i have been doing well with the food but over the last few days have been finding exercise a real chore,i need a good kick up the bum to get me back in the right frame of mind but on a plus side have lost another 1lb now making it 57lb from the start of my weight loss journey feel free to give me a kick :laugh: