Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Whoosh fairy finally came back again and I got back under 300 to 295 in 2 days! Amazing what she can do!:laugh:
    Woo hoo! Move her along. I'm sure there's others who are desperately waiting for a visit. :laugh:
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

I'm doing an experiment. I've steadily been losing about 0.5lb's to 0.8 lb's a week ..or like 1 lb every 10 days ..I was very happy with this because I'm losing inches. I've worked up the carb ladder like Dr. Atkins taught us. Very happy with my food choices. I just have my son's wedding next month on 11/11/11 and I really had hoped to be at goal by then. So..I want to speed up my weight loss again. I decided Monday to decrease my carbs back down to 20-30. It's been so long since I've done this that it's like re programming my brain. I haver never really liked vegetables or eggs . YES I SAID THAT and I've still lost 91 lbs! I love MEAT! I love CHEESE. So anyway, I am not hungry! I'm struggling to hit 1200 calories! I need ideas on how to raise my calories without raising my carbs. I know the old tricks of adding oil, butter and stuff but when you dont' eat veggies very much..it's hard. LOL. Now before anyone goes off on me about the veggies remember I do eat them I just don't like them. LOL. I make sure I get my veggie carbs in but I have to cover them with something to tolerate them. Same with eggs. I have to mix my eggs with cheese and cover them with hot sauce and cringe while I eat them. YES it's sad! Anyway, what's your ideas??

I'm editing this to add that 3 veggies I love are cauliflower (loved the faux potatoes, rice etc) and green beans and brocolli. I just really don't like salad much.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Soulthinking- make your mashed cauliflower loaded like loaded mashed potatoes. I add bacon (with the grease), sharp cheddar, and chives along with the full fat cream cheese I make my mashed fauxtatoes with. Also add coconut milk (full fat) to your coffee if you drink it. That adds a bit of calories and fat. You can add me and check out my diary I am trying to be at 1200 for a couple of weeks and my carbs are at 30 (about 20 net) every day. The problem I am having is getting in the 150 gm of protein without going over the 1200 due to fat with the protein.
  • pork_belly
    Options

I love them! I allow myself a bar every night, and I add it into my carb count for the day. I feel like I deserve a reward, and it satisfies my sweets cravings. Plus, it's hard for me to sit back and watch my husband and kids having dessert, when I don't have anything.
    Favorites: chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter granola.

Yeah, I like them, too. My only problem is its hard to just eat one. So, I hold off on buying a box and just buy the singles when they are at a good price.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I love them! I allow myself a bar every night, and I add it into my carb count for the day. I feel like I deserve a reward, and it satisfies my sweets cravings. Plus, it's hard for me to sit back and watch my husband and kids having dessert, when I don't have anything.
    Favorites: chocolate peanut butter and peanut butter granola.

Yeah, I like them, too. My only problem is its hard to just eat one. So, I hold off on buying a box and just buy the singles when they are at a good price.

I haven't seen them as singles, only in the box....and I too can't eat just one so I skip them altogether....
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Soulthinking- make your mashed cauliflower loaded like loaded mashed potatoes. I add bacon (with the grease), sharp cheddar, and chives along with the full fat cream cheese I make my mashed fauxtatoes with. Also add coconut milk (full fat) to your coffee if you drink it. That adds a bit of calories and fat. You can add me and check out my diary I am trying to be at 1200 for a couple of weeks and my carbs are at 30 (about 20 net) every day. The problem I am having is getting in the 150 gm of protein without going over the 1200 due to fat with the protein.

Thanks! I will add you. I do love the loaded cauliflower! Thanks for reminding me. I am going to the grocery store this weekend because I really need some things. I went back and looked at my Fitday log from 2004 when I did induction and saw that I ate a lot of taco salad (minus the tacos of course) and Hot Wings. I didn't have to watch calories back then though. It's a whole new area for me to have to watch both now. Thanks again :)

Nichole
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Its hard to get the calories in for me. I know how you feel! I struggle to get to 1100 calories and when I can make it to 1200 I'm jumping for joy. I do the butter, fats, etc. I actually have to throw in a shake or a bar to help get the calories up, simply because thanks to gastric bypass, I can't eat a lot.
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Some donkey (a co-worker) just brought in 2 dozen McHappy Donuts (a local bakery that has the best, freshest, and "homemade" donuts) to work. The old me would have gotten two donuts and placed them on a napkin and quickly devoured them. Then I probably would have eaten one or two more (shameful, I know). The new (and slimmer) me just walked in the conference room, looked at the donuts and reflected on how I used to be and watched everyone else grab donuts, then I walked away thankful that in 30 minutes I wouldn't be suffering from a lack of energy and feeling guilty for my consumption iniquities.

Life is about choices, obviously, but realizing and understanding this is what divides the old me from the new me. We're now miles apart and drifting further away. Each good decision I make makes it harder for the new me to ever accept becoming the old me again. One day the only image I'll have of the old me will be in pictures.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Awesome mini victory HL!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi, just finished reading this thread (still need to find and read #1 and #2). I am a fellow atkins follower and want to join in. I lost 40 lbs a year ago on atkins and maintained it by still "loosely" watching carbs. Decided it was time to get serious again a few weeks ago and restarted on atkins.
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I'm going to join this group :D Yay
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Hi and welcome to you both! :)
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Some donkey (a co-worker) just brought in 2 dozen McHappy Donuts (a local bakery that has the best, freshest, and "homemade" donuts) to work. The old me would have gotten two donuts and placed them on a napkin and quickly devoured them. Then I probably would have eaten one or two more (shameful, I know). The new (and slimmer) me just walked in the conference room, looked at the donuts and reflected on how I used to be and watched everyone else grab donuts, then I walked away thankful that in 30 minutes I wouldn't be suffering from a lack of energy and feeling guilty for my consumption iniquities.

Life is about choices, obviously, but realizing and understanding this is what divides the old me from the new me. We're now miles apart and drifting further away. Each good decision I make makes it harder for the new me to ever accept becoming the old me again. One day the only image I'll have of the old me will be in pictures.

Doesn't that feel good? Good for you! Stay strong! Donuts and fried sweets were my nemesis in the past. Now, I don't even miss them!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Finally got a vist from the Whoosh fairy!! :drinker: 4 pounds down! I was getting pretty discouraged seeing no loss for over 3 weeks. Next Friday is measurements and I hope to see some progress there as well...
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Finally got a vist from the Whoosh fairy!! :drinker: 4 pounds down! I was getting pretty discouraged seeing no loss for over 3 weeks. Next Friday is measurements and I hope to see some progress there as well...

That's great! I wouldn't be surprised if you've lost some inches, too!
  • HeartLunger
    Options

Great news!!!
  • pork_belly
    Options

Great news!!!

Sounds like she hit you pretty hard with her magic stick!!!!! LOL
  • pork_belly
    Options
    Hi and welcome to you both! :)

Yes, welcome to the dark side!!!!! I see many pounds/stones lost in your future! And the best part is that you won't be STARVING!!!! What a concept!!!! Thank you Dr. Atkins!!!!!
  • secret_sally
    Options
    I have a BMI of 22.1, can I still lose weight on atkins? I want to lose about 10-15 lbs.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I have a BMI of 22.1, can I still lose weight on atkins? I want to lose about 10-15 lbs.

Yes, but you should start on phase 2 (OWL). You're really at a healthy BMI already, and Induction might not be the best thing for you.