30 Day Shred for October

Options

Replies

• sss92225
    sss92225 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D2 last night at 10 pm. I'm determined to get this workout in at least 6 days a week, even if I have to do it at bedtime :yawn: This is my second round, so not too sore, thank goodness!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing this dvd on and off for awhile, but haven't been following any schedule with it lately so it will be good to get back in the swing of doing it daily again. I don't think I push myself hard enough tho, as I don't usually get sore after the 30ds- even level 3. If I do say, Jillians "No More Trouble Zones" which is a 45 min wrkout mostly with weights, I at least feel it the next day so I feel like I did something. Not sure if I need to up my weights to 5lbs for the 30ds or just try and push harder and concentrate more on getting deeper into the movements. Is it necessary to be sore to have had a good workout?

No you don't have to be sore. If you think about it, you will only be sore for the first few times until you develop the muscles needed for those movements. then it is just maintaining them and getting better. I use 5lb weights.
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    wow is my but sore lol.

Just curious is everyone doing one day off? Or are you all pushing through with no breaks?

I'm trying to do no breaks, but not beating myself up if I have to due to life events. I do the C25K as well.
  • nelliemagine
    nelliemagine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    L1D1 Complete! Pretty sore...
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    Im planning to push through with no breaks but if something comes up i think it will be ok to miss a day here and there. I had a really hard time being motivated to day... didnt do 30 ds until around 10:30pm and I ate terrible during the day but not a ton (didnt got over my net calories) but i feel so gross now even after doing the work out yuck! I need to be a little healthier tomorrow! but i dont feel as sore as before is that okay? also I havent felt much in my abs mostly legs and a tiny bit in the arms.. I like that its short it made it possible for me to do it today because i told my self its just thirty minutes come on you got this..

I don't feel much soreness on my abs or arms either. But I know I'm getting a workout. First time I did the video I didn't feel soreness either but I lost an inch in a week off my stomach.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    wow is my but sore lol.

Just curious is everyone doing one day off? Or are you all pushing through with no breaks?

Personally, I will be taking breaks at least every 5 days or so. I did not do this that last time I did the shred, and had to stop around day 12 due my sciatica acting up. I need recovery days in order to stay healthy.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of level 1 complete! I usually do it in the morning and was suprised that I was not as sore when I got up today. Maybe it was because I also went to Yoga class last night and did all of that good stretching. I really sleep so well when I go to Yoga.

Anyway, this is my 2nd round for 30DS and it still amazes it does gradually get easier after a few days of doing this. I cant wait to see how I feel at the end of the week.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    wow is my but sore lol.

Personally, I will be taking breaks at least every 5 days or so. I did not do this that last time I did the shred, and had to stop around day 12 due my sciatica acting up. I need recovery days in order to stay healthy.

I have sciatica problems too. Unfortunately, I did not do 30DS last night but will continue tonight (Day 3). There was no way I was going to be able to work through the workout as I was VERY sore. It was hard enough, upon getting up from rest, to walk. But I was able to do the C25K last night. So, I feel I did a good workout for my body anyway.

I like the fact that my body is being used and is getting stronger though. I will definitely be doing 30DS.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing this dvd on and off for awhile, but haven't been following any schedule with it lately so it will be good to get back in the swing of doing it daily again. I don't think I push myself hard enough tho, as I don't usually get sore after the 30ds- even level 3. If I do say, Jillians "No More Trouble Zones" which is a 45 min wrkout mostly with weights, I at least feel it the next day so I feel like I did something. Not sure if I need to up my weights to 5lbs for the 30ds or just try and push harder and concentrate more on getting deeper into the movements. Is it necessary to be sore to have had a good workout?

No you don't have to be sore. If you think about it, you will only be sore for the first few times until you develop the muscles needed for those movements. then it is just maintaining them and getting better. I use 5lb weights.

When the consumption vs production is great, muscles get sore because the lactic acid is not getting produced fast enough. What makes the muscles sore is not from lactic acid at all but from hydrogen ion. As I was reading, it also said that the body will 'catch' up and the soreness will go away. Lactic acid is actually good for the body and is produced by the body as well. Anyway, enough of me being the nerd. ;)
  • Damnesia
    Options
    Just done my first day! Bought some 2.5kg weights but I think I'll stick mostly to cans of baked beans to start with until I get a bit stronger...my arms are definitely aching already. I won't be doing it every day - probably 4-5 days a week when my boyfriend works late, but I'll carry on going swimming on the days I don't do it, hopefully.
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and I have a couple of observations. I no longer am sore after this workout and my body doesn't seem to mind the daily dose. Some days the workout goes by in a flash and other days, it seems to drag. And today is the first day I didn't really work up much of a sweat. I still find it challenging though, and today upped my weights to 10 pounds on the squat/shoulder presses and rows for the first set. Had to drop back to 7.5 for the second set. And the anterior raises still cause me pain! ; )

Tomorrow I am thinking of doing a bootcamp at my gym as a substitute for 30DS. Thinking I might take the first day off on Sunday, when I have a 40-mile bike ride planned.
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to tell everyone to keep up the hard work, it will pay off in the end. My calfs are so sore, so sore, so sore, so sore, so sore, so sore (yes i typed it that many times on purpose), but i am pushing through the pain. I am even running for 30 minutes 2 days a week. No the less stay strong, stay focused, and stay healthy
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am going to do five days a week. I don't want to have any issues with my tendonitis or become bored with the workout!
  • Dianababii
    Options
    I just completed L1 D7..Its gotten easier each day, but still a great workout, this is my second time doing it today, since I missed my nightly trip to the gym today:grumble: But I feel better since I did get a 2nd workout in:bigsmile:
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Just finished day four. Already I had more endurance and felt stronger. I could do soooo many more pushups than the day before, didn't get a side cramp during the jumping jacks and could almost do all of the side lunges.
  • Faenaria
    Faenaria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    4 days late, but I finally started today. Just took my day one pics. Eeeew.
  • healthyzebra
    Options
    Finished L1D7 , and I'm noticing that the workout is starting to kick my butt less and I'm start to kill it! I did the push ups on my knees much faster this time, keeping up with the video (before I would do them at about half speed, to focus on my form) and I only took a break once or twice. Tried a lot harder with the cardio - I did some of the punching the air bit with my weights, then decided that was too hard and went back to no weights. xD When it came to the side squat/lunge type thingies with the weights and arm raise, I didn't take a break at all the first time. (': (I did the second, though, eep.) In any case, I can feel myself progressing well.

I'm really liking the fact that I've been pushing myself to exercise - I've been trying to get between 1 1/2 - 2 hours in every day, in increments of 20 - 30 minutes. Today was 60 minutes of walking, 30 minutes of cardio (Week 1 Day 2 of the C25k program!) and 20 minutes of circuit training. Not bad, not bad.

I'm ignoring the scale as well, due to the fact that my body is going to be trying to adjust to all of this new exercise - not only will I be gaining muscle, but I'll probably be retaining water in my muscles as well to help repair them. Keep that in mind, guys! Don't let the number on the scale discourage you.
  • fakeplastictree
    Options
    Good work everyone!! Keep it up. We are almost done with the first 10 days. I, personally, am going to have to not do the jumping exercises. I have developed shin splints between my running and adding this dvd onto my routine. I will do other cardio activities to keep my heart rate up though. Once the shins feel better I will go back to the regular exercises. Once again, good work!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • nelliemagine
    nelliemagine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    L1D2 complete! Ran before I did the video so I was pretty spent by the finish. Did it in full though :)
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I only have 10lb weights...Is that too much?