Team UK - October 2011

Options

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Was thinking of getting some little dumbells with an eye to maybe one day having a go at the 30DS, does anyone have a recommendations or any other general advice to offer before I jump in and buy some willy nilly.
    Cheers Guys!

@Amie_LR I would say try 30DS without any weights. Otherwise, try a tin of veg/beans/something in each hand and see how you get on. TBH I'm still using tins of veg as hand weights, as I'm a tight-ar$e wihen it comes to spending £££
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all - hope all r well - the sun is shining at the mo (◕‿-)

Got another busy night tonight, DD playing football match again tonight so have slow cooker on cooking tea - trying to be organised. Am enjoying having a rest from DVDs but sure am missing the extra cals !!!!

Right gotta dash got two mutts that need a walk before I go on the school run !!
  • LouLouUK
    LouLouUK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sad to see the sun has gone - rain has started here in bucks. :sad: Got spin class tonight, cue the saddle bottom ache!! haha

Hope your all having a good day

Lou

p.s. thank you for the birthday wishes on monday! xx
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Good (early) evening Team UK :)

I'm off to dinner with hubby's boss and his wife tonight (homecooked at their house so hoping it's not too naughty!) Eeeeeep! Hopefully it will be good - I've only ever really hung out with his colleagues in a big group before so it tends to be 20 men and me so I think they just all think I'm really quiet when really I just can't understand all their European accents :P

Oh, reduced fat mixed berry cheesecake brownies turned out fab by the way, link to the recipe is on my page.

Have a fab evening xo
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hi all!

My scales are slowly dying and have been for some time, so I've been using the Wii Fit to measure myself. However, time has come for me to get some new scales so does anyone have any recommendations? They'd need to be digital, nothing fancy but just digital. Ideally no more than £25 either.

Any help would be great!
  • nic81081
    nic81081 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I feel awful today :( It's my 30th birthday on Saturday and my sister and husband have been arranging a party so i really hope i feel better for it. Totally not up to dieting or exercising just now but want to feel good in whatever i end up wearing on Saturday. If i feel a bit better tomoroow i might try and get in some sit ups. Boooo to having the cold. Hope everyone else is having a more successful day. Keep up the good work folks xxx
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A belated hello everyone! Started a new job this week so although I am logging everything am not on MFP as much as I have been been! Plus side my new work has lots of stairs so hope that's doing some good.
    Hope you are all doing well, not loving Scottish weather at the mo :(
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....

Sorry I was MIA yesterday.... I just felt down for some reason.... didn't exercise and gorged myself on anything I could get my hands on.... biscuits, M&Ms, jelly beans.... you get the picture... lol....!

Oh well... today is another day.... and it looks a lot better.... got some exercise in - Turbo Fire 45 class, which I found kind of easy.... 494 calories burned... and Tone 30 class done - I love this class, it tones everywhere, especially the upper inner thigh & bum muscles from the lunges.... it's great...!

Diary also looks better today... I've got 671 calories left - but since I don't know the exact calories for the salad I had at lunch.... I'm not going to eat any more...

Going to chill out for a little bit now before bedtime...
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My scales are slowly dying and have been for some time, so I've been using the Wii Fit to measure myself. However, time has come for me to get some new scales so does anyone have any recommendations? They'd need to be digital, nothing fancy but just digital. Ideally no more than £25 either.

Any help would be great!

Hi, I saw some very stylish (glass) ones in Lloyds Chemist a couple of months back - I'm sure they were around £20.00
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    hmm.. some of you have mentioned spin class, think I'm going to see if there's one near me... thanks guys
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have had a rest day, it was needed I ache like a crazy woman. But my word do I feel fat :( resting does not agree with me.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My HRM arrived yesterday. It's either broken or I've been seriously under-estimating my calorie burn...

I'd normally take 400 or so cals for a 5-6km run, this bad boy during a 6.2km run over 39 mins logged 727 calories!!!
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gutted this morning. I got everything ready this to cycle into work. got myself all geared up. Made sure I had hydrated, I had a small protein breakfast. I stepped out to the shed to get my bike. Got out the front of the house and the heavens opened. And not just a 'this will clear up in a minute' rain. So I decided to drive in today. And guess what. All the way in, in the car, no rain. :-(
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning All, Got up this morning to sick on the stairs, sick in hallway and sick in the kitchen yuk. Daisy my youngest dog has eaten something that disgrees with her and sitting there looking very sorry for herself. So no food and plenty of water for her today. I sure having three dogs is more trouble than having three kids LOL. On the up side Jack is running around like a gazelle after collapsing in the fields. I'm off to the Hairdressers today for a Cut and Colour. I'm having a Manicure as well while my Hair Colour is developing.Have a good day everyone and stay focussed. :flowerforyou:
  • lacf86
    lacf86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel awful today :( It's my 30th birthday on Saturday and my sister and husband have been arranging a party so i really hope i feel better for it. Totally not up to dieting or exercising just now but want to feel good in whatever i end up wearing on Saturday. If i feel a bit better tomoroow i might try and get in some sit ups. Boooo to having the cold. Hope everyone else is having a more successful day. Keep up the good work folks xxx

it's my birthday on Saturday, too =D for some reason, I always get excited when someone else has the same birthday as me, haha. It's nice to know other people are celebrating! Hope you're feeling better in time for your party, and remember: the extra calories (from cake and alcohol and so on) are all totally justified by dancing =)
  • moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hope you have better weather than me, got caught in hailstones on the way home from pool and froze!!..First day with no cigs so hoping it clears up so I can go to the gym later to de stress...have a great thursday everyone xx
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful feedback re my dumbell query. Though I remembered my husband has a set or redundant weights so I've just nabbed the bars out of those for the time being.

Feeling pretty good after the day 1 of the shred, just hope I can keep it up.

And... also a little bit of a victory in a battle of the wills within my household, my husband has agreed to start on myfitnesspal as of next monday!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful feedback re my dumbell query. Though I remembered my husband has a set or redundant weights so I've just nabbed the bars out of those for the time being.

Feeling pretty good after the day 1 of the shred, just hope I can keep it up.

And... also a little bit of a victory in a battle of the wills within my household, my husband has agreed to start on myfitnesspal as of next monday!

:drinker: RESULT!!! Good for you!! Both doing day 1 of 30DS and getting your hubby to sign up...
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this! Lisa, 22 from Scotland :) all friend requests welcome!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Hey everyone just thought I would pop in and intriduce my self Im Jeananne Im 24 and im a chocoholic! I live in Scotland and I love Zumba! Nice to meet u all xxx