30 Day Shred for October

Options

Replies

• dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I only have 10lb weights...Is that too much?

That would be way to much for me, especially with arm raises and side lunges. I dont know your fitness level though. I'm using 5 lb weights. Some of the moves are easier than others with this weight.
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D4 last night after a 2.5 mile walk with the dogs. I can feel myself improving each day. The push-ups, while still not the easiest thing to do, are getting more work... as well as the lunges with shoulder presses. Those are my two weak points. Each time I sweat more and more, makes me happy knowing I am getting a complete workout in.

I may be taking another break tonight. I take a step class on Thursdays during lunch and I have a softball game at 8:30 tonight. If that softball game wasn't there, I'd be doing it in a heartbeat. Feeling really good about my progress so far, but can't wait to keep improving on the strength areas. I asked my BF last night if my tummy looked tighter and he said yeah.. and your butt looks even cuter. HA. I'll take it!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only have 10lb weights...Is that too much?

It is pretty hefty, I started off with 8lb weights and quickly learned I wasn't going to make much progress if I continued to use those the whole time because I couldn't push through some of the strength exercises with it. My suggestion is definitely use the 10 lb weights for the chest flys (I currently use my 8lbs for those with no sweat). You may be able to do it with the exercise you are working your shoulders and legs too. For the other strength exercises I am using about 2-3 lbs weights while I build my ability up.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think I will switch to a lower weight. I haven't been able to get though all the side lunges with these weights.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 complete! I love how it gets a little easier everytime!
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 complete! I love how it gets a little easier everytime!

I agree!! Just completed Day 6, Level 1!!
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What do yall log 30 day shred under for exercise?
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What do yall log 30 day shred under for exercise?

I think the majority of folks log it under the category of "circuit training - general"
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Did bootcamp for an hour at my gym this morning instead of the shred. Found I had much better stamina that some of the other people doing the workout and I have to think it's because of the Jillian conditioning! Gotta love it!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Got my flu shot yesterday and it kicked my *kitten*, so took the day off and went to bed at 7:30! Tonight, back to kicking butt with L1. Happy shredding my friends! Tomorrow is my first weigh in since starting 30DS and I'm freaking out!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Got my flu shot yesterday and it kicked my *kitten*, so took the day off and went to bed at 7:30! Tonight, back to kicking butt with L1. Happy shredding my friends! Tomorrow is my first weigh in since starting 30DS and I'm freaking out!!!

I know! We all weight in Saturday here. I'm nervous too because I don't think anything has changed (ie. weight, measurements) But we shall see.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down...I can tell my stamina is getting better but goodness those push ups, side lunges, and jumping jacks are still killer......BUT I'm getting better with each day. :)

Usually midway through the DVD I have a fleeting thought that I'm not going to be able to do this for a whole month! lol
  • ricanstace
    Options
    Day 6 down, and not as sore! I'm feeling a lot better, and stronger. Hope all of you feeling the same!!
  • Leanne_3
    Leanne_3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forums and came across this thread. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred since the beginning of the month - today I finished Day 7 of Level 1.

I'm still struggling with the pushups, I can only do the modified version, and I find the lunges with bicep curls pretty tough.

I can already see a difference in my stomach and hips - can't wait to see the results at the end!
  • tammylwv
    Options
    I weighed in this morning (my usual day) and was down 4 lbs!!!! I guess I won't hate Jillian too much. ;)
  • sss92225
    sss92225 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D3 last night. Scale is going up, but I expected that. Think I'll check my measurements on Monday and skip the scales for a week or so :)
  • tammylwv
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forums and came across this thread. I have been doing the 30 Day Shred since the beginning of the month - today I finished Day 7 of Level 1.

I'm still struggling with the pushups, I can only do the modified version, and I find the lunges with bicep curls pretty tough.

I can already see a difference in my stomach and hips - can't wait to see the results at the end!

Awesome job! I am only on Day 5 of week 1. I struggle with the same things and loathe jumping jacks. That's great that you are already seeing a difference! I told my hubby last night I can tell my stamina is getting better but dang it...it better pay off. lol I am looking forward to seeing just how much I lose and what difference there is at the end of 30 days too.
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed Day 6 of Level 1 and I'll admit my stamina has gotten better. I wonder what the scale will look like tomorrow morning.....
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am in! I just started it last night!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weigh in and measurements tomorrow!! I'll compile it on my spreadsheet this weekend. I won't have full access to the computer but will post it Monday. I'm excited for all of us who have been working soooo hard. I was unable to do the Shred last night because of my shins hurting so oo bad from running. But am up and at it again today. Good luck to you all and keep supporting one another!!