October 10 lb Bootcamp Challenge

Options

Replies

• MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time accessing the spreadsheet - more than likely it's just my systems . . .

*Starting Weight (09-30-11): 236 pounds

*End of Week #1 (10-07-11): 233 pounds

Hope everybody have a great weekend !!!!!
  • julzmamabear
    Options
    I got in 4 miles this week!!! Didn't hit the push up target, but I did more push-ups this week then I"ve done in the last 5 years..lol I lost 3.3lbs this first week!!!
  • manorexicmarshmallow
    Options
    October 1= 187
    October 7= 184.5

2.5 pounds lost! If this keeps up I may hit a healthy BMI by the end of this
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're all kicking *kitten* for the first week! Don't forget that tomorrow is the first official weigh in. If you don't find your name on the spreadsheet, it's because I never got a starting weight for you - just add your name back to it with your starting weight and updated weight.

For week 2 we're going to give those shoulders and arms a little break. :smile:

Continue with your water (EVERY week this will be on there because SO many people don't drink enough water)
    Up your miles to 5 miles for the week (It can be running, cycling, elliptical, walking, jogging, or whatever you can do - just get in 5 miles of SOMETHING)

And everyone's favorite...

JUMPING JACKS!!! I want to see 50 per day. You don't have to do them all at once, just get them in. If you can't do full jumping jacks, just modify it a little and do what you can. The key here is just to get your body moving!

Water: I'm a slacker
    Push-ups: I'm a slacker (although I had over a hundred under my belt.... but it's been a rough week with these allergies)
    3 miles: I'm lucky I did those earlier in the week before I got sick. Got in 4.2 miles.

5 miles: shouldn't be a problem
    Jumping Jacks: Easy as pie. My V02 level is high... I'm good on cardio. However, I may need a better sports bra. :laugh: Can't Academy build any faster?... stupid tornado.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and Water: Well, we both know how that's gonna turn out...
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a little over one pound down. Yay! And I'm totally ready for this week's challenge! Let's do this.
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I updated the spread sheet I'm down 1 lb this week.
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Updated spreadsheet, down 1.5 lbs! Woohoo! Completed 1st week challenge through C 2 5k and JM Ripped in 30!
  • Raven413
    Options
    Soooooooo, the 1st week, weight wise, was a bust. I actually gained 1.5lbs. Ate all that I shouldn't have!!! Ok, no-brainer, next week I have to get it in gear. The good thing is that I got my walking in (8 miles), and most of my push ups. Got to work on my water.

Have a great week end!
  • teller186
    Options
    weighting in tomorrow if ok.........:happy:
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Well my summary for the week is this-
    -I'm having a hard time drinking all the water needed, but I'm working on it and hopefully this week'll be better.
    -I only managed to do maybe half of the push-ups. :frown: I was doing other arm/chest exercises though so hopefully I still got a good workout!
    -For the miles this week I actually have logged somewhere close to 15 miles walking. I even jogged for a half a mile this week, which I haven't done since I was a teenager! :laugh:
    - I will post my weight on the spreadsheet later but I've lost another 1.6lbs. I'm getting there slowly but surely! :bigsmile:
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Week 1 wrap-up:

- Water was 8 or more every day!
    - Pushups = 240 (I skipped yesterday and forgot I wouldn't have today. Still - it's heaps 'n' gobs more than I've ever done in a week before. Like, EVER! :)
    - I put in 9.5 miles this week, one of which I actually jogged, not all at once, but even 30 sec intervals was a huge accomplishment! Makes me think I might run a 5k one day...
    - Lost 1.2 lbs. Yeah!

Now onto jumping jacks! I'm more comfortable with this than pushups. Woohoo!

Good luck and have fun everyone! :)
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I tried putting my weight in the spread sheet and the spread sheet comes up empty. Is anyone else having this problem?

On a positive note, I lost 2 pounds, I drank all the water, and did 10 miles. However, only 150 push ups:/
  • jmp1079
    jmp1079 Posts: 30
    Options
    Week 1:

- I got in about half of the water. Some days I was real good, others I didn't drink any. This was the hardest part of the challenge for me this week!
    - Pushups = 360 Took 1 day off during the challenge. My yesterday I could feel myself actually lowering to the floor like a real pushup!!
    - I put in 5.25 miles. Jogged all but 1 day
    - Lost 1.2 lbs. Yeah!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I tried putting my weight in the spread sheet and the spread sheet comes up empty. Is anyone else having this problem?

On a positive note, I lost 2 pounds, I drank all the water, and did 10 miles. However, only 150 push ups:/

I about freaked when I went to the spreadsheet and all the data was gone - then I realized someone had just added some tabs at the beginning that are just blank. I deleted the blank tabs so now there should only be the challenge tab. Go try again. Sorry - don't know what happened there!
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    no problem. I thought maybe it was my computer or I was losing my mind lol:)
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Summary:
    Transitioning from being in San Antonio last Thurs-Sun equals no weight change on my behalf.
    I did well on the water intake.
    The exercise bit I need to work back into my schedule. I ran and did other things at the gym and such, but I didn't follow through with the challenge. I will be working on this and make sure I will include the additional exercises every day whether I want to or not lol
    I did manage 4.25 miles this week, not including the miles that I put in at work yesterday and later on today (I work at a Sonic and am constantly moving during my shifts.

Onto this week! Where I will not be satisified until I lose at least a lb!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Water done
    3 miles done, 10.5 miles done total for the week.
    Push-ups I almost finished, This week was busy. I only completed 270 push-ups. But, I will still get them in, I will finish tonight.

No weight loss this week.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Week 1 wrap up-
    Did not too bad on the water.. gotta drink more though
    Only managed 60 pushups... sucks..
    As for the 3 miles..did 1.81 miles, but soo much more on bike and arc trainer!

Stayed the same on weight loss.
  • janiecorona
    Options
    Week 1--

I did 16 miles this week! No wonder my legs and hips hate me! I'm so proud of each step I took.
    Push ups: I did roughly 250. Still going to finish the rest!

Weight loss: SW: 203 CW: 201.6 = -1.4 lbs.