5'7 Goal Weight

Options

Replies

• ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    For me I think its a size goal more then a weight goal. at least right now thats how I feel. 5 years ago I weighed like 155 but fit into a size 4 pant for the first time in my adult life. I have no idea how that worked out but it did. Then of course my husband thought I was hot and we got pregnant with my daughter. LOL so for me I don't know what I will look like when I get close to 150. I'll just go until I'm happy with the size that I'm wearing. I still have my 4's in the closet we'll see if I can get there again. I hope so.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Mostly up in the air. I'm 5'8, and would love to get to 148, but my mother has a very similar frame, except that she's 5'9, and she looked sickly at 145 after she had weight loss surgery. I'm hoping it will be a different story for me, but I'm willing to accept anything under 160 (my weight in high school).
  • Rackminac
    Rackminac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'8" and I'm aiming between 170 and 180. That's what I was in high school and I had an awesome shape. I am big boned as well as very muscular for a woman. When I get to the point I will *kitten* and maybe go lower. We'll see.
  • teenysteaney
    teenysteaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and started out at 204 lbs back at the start of June this year. I'm currently at weighing in at 165 lbs and still dropping around a lb a week.

I'm aiming for 144 lbs, as that's what I was a year after I got married, when I found it easy to maintain and was happy with myself. I was 133 lbs when I got married and even I think I looked too thin in the photos.

I'm broad shouldered, quite an athletic build and am currently much more muscular than I've ever been though, so am aware that I might not reach my goal weight before I find that I'm happy with my body shape and dress size.

Fundamentally, I just want to be fitter, healthier and have far fewer 'jiggly bits' ;)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I am going for 170. That will be 100 lbs lost and I also have a large frame and I think I would look too thin if I went beyond that.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    "I guess "too skinny" is a matter of opinion. :-) I know that I feel better, my clothes fit beautifully, and my energy, strength and stamina are through the roof. Of course, I am vegetarian, and we are thinner naturally because of not eating animal products. I don't run into many women my age who are anywhere close to my level of fitness and/or "skinniness". I wear a size 3 in most pants, 2s in some brands. "

I guess a size 2 and 3 is what I would mean by too skinny but good for you for being healthy! I was a size 4 for awhile and I def wouldnt want to go smaller. Everyone is built a little different so the numbers will be a little different for everyone. Ive been cursed with a big butt and big boobs no matter the size - My mom said I had a "lead" butt lol. Perhaps thats why I never got smaller on the scale than 126 lol. My caboose was just too heavy!

I see what you mean. I have always been tall and thin, so to me, it just seems natural. No boobs or butt to worry about in my case. :-) The biggest I ever got was during my pregnancies, and after I quit smoking 10 years ago and I was very uncomfortable with the extra weight, and thus began my journey back to "skinny"...but in a healthy way. I walk 4 miles a day, never stop, sleep like a baby and strength train. Not bragging, just saying. :-) It's different for everyone. I only eat clean so it is very easy for me to maintain my "skinniness".
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    honestly i think it all depends on the amount of muscle you carry...i'm only 5'6 and once upon a time i got really skinny...i mean people thought i was anorexic (i wasn't) because i just looked really skinny...all my chest bones were sticking out and i was really cut. I weight 130pounds but everyone thought i weighed 115 and no matter how hard i trained or how good i ate i just couldn't break 130 and really shouldn't have. So i wouldn't get stuck on the number because if you are really muscular then it will be harder to reach and even harder to maintain.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'd be content with 160, but I'm hoping to reach 150 :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    150!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my goal was 139, then 135, then 129, then 125 and i stopped there. i got down to 122 and found that too thin. i'm now sitting around 125-126 and am happy with that.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and weigh 150 now..ppl tell me Im "getting to thin"...
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pykb
    pykb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 130 lbs. This was my weight through college and grad school (at some point, I was down to 118 lbs, but that was too thin for me). Fifteen years and two kids later, I am now at 153 lbs.
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    At my smallest I was about 160. I couldn't imagine being much smaller than that because of my frame. I feel like my ideal would be between 150-155
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    130/135
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "I guess "too skinny" is a matter of opinion. :-) I know that I feel better, my clothes fit beautifully, and my energy, strength and stamina are through the roof. Of course, I am vegetarian, and we are thinner naturally because of not eating animal products. I don't run into many women my age who are anywhere close to my level of fitness and/or "skinniness". I wear a size 3 in most pants, 2s in some brands. "

I guess a size 2 and 3 is what I would mean by too skinny but good for you for being healthy! I was a size 4 for awhile and I def wouldnt want to go smaller. Everyone is built a little different so the numbers will be a little different for everyone. Ive been cursed with a big butt and big boobs no matter the size - My mom said I had a "lead" butt lol. Perhaps thats why I never got smaller on the scale than 126 lol. My caboose was just too heavy!

I see what you mean. I have always been tall and thin, so to me, it just seems natural. No boobs or butt to worry about in my case. :-) The biggest I ever got was during my pregnancies, and after I quit smoking 10 years ago and I was very uncomfortable with the extra weight, and thus began my journey back to "skinny"...but in a healthy way. I walk 4 miles a day, never stop, sleep like a baby and strength train. Not bragging, just saying. :-) It's different for everyone. I only eat clean so it is very easy for me to maintain my "skinniness".

Then for your build its perfectly healthy :-) We are all built a little different. I bet you feel great!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I don't chose to invest much in the scale; my body fat loss is more important to me & toning. I'd like to be at 120, but I will realistically end up being in the 140s...
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Cool.. I'm 165 right now.. and want to get in the 130s.. everyone thinks I am insane for wanting to be that weight..

I don't think it's crazy. I started at 165 (I'm 1 inch taller than you) and my goal is in the 130s. You may lose a bunch of weight and not look that different for a while. It's about losing inches too.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 142 and am happy with that. My goal at this point is to just be more toned. But, if God sees fit to take a few more off in the meantime, who am i to argue? :happy:
  • Blochner
    Blochner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would say around 145. I am 5'8 and I used to weigh 135-140 and everyone told me I was too thin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!