5'7 Goal Weight

Replies

• ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    For me I think its a size goal more then a weight goal. at least right now thats how I feel. 5 years ago I weighed like 155 but fit into a size 4 pant for the first time in my adult life. I have no idea how that worked out but it did. Then of course my husband thought I was hot and we got pregnant with my daughter. LOL so for me I don't know what I will look like when I get close to 150. I'll just go until I'm happy with the size that I'm wearing. I still have my 4's in the closet we'll see if I can get there again. I hope so.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Mostly up in the air. I'm 5'8, and would love to get to 148, but my mother has a very similar frame, except that she's 5'9, and she looked sickly at 145 after she had weight loss surgery. I'm hoping it will be a different story for me, but I'm willing to accept anything under 160 (my weight in high school).
  • Rackminac
    Rackminac Posts: 13 Member
    I'm almost 5'8" and I'm aiming between 170 and 180. That's what I was in high school and I had an awesome shape. I am big boned as well as very muscular for a woman. When I get to the point I will *kitten* and maybe go lower. We'll see.
  • teenysteaney
    teenysteaney Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 5' 7" and started out at 204 lbs back at the start of June this year. I'm currently at weighing in at 165 lbs and still dropping around a lb a week.

I'm aiming for 144 lbs, as that's what I was a year after I got married, when I found it easy to maintain and was happy with myself. I was 133 lbs when I got married and even I think I looked too thin in the photos.

I'm broad shouldered, quite an athletic build and am currently much more muscular than I've ever been though, so am aware that I might not reach my goal weight before I find that I'm happy with my body shape and dress size.

Fundamentally, I just want to be fitter, healthier and have far fewer 'jiggly bits' ;)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    I am going for 170. That will be 100 lbs lost and I also have a large frame and I think I would look too thin if I went beyond that.
  • "I guess "too skinny" is a matter of opinion. :-) I know that I feel better, my clothes fit beautifully, and my energy, strength and stamina are through the roof. Of course, I am vegetarian, and we are thinner naturally because of not eating animal products. I don't run into many women my age who are anywhere close to my level of fitness and/or "skinniness". I wear a size 3 in most pants, 2s in some brands. "

I guess a size 2 and 3 is what I would mean by too skinny but good for you for being healthy! I was a size 4 for awhile and I def wouldnt want to go smaller. Everyone is built a little different so the numbers will be a little different for everyone. Ive been cursed with a big butt and big boobs no matter the size - My mom said I had a "lead" butt lol. Perhaps thats why I never got smaller on the scale than 126 lol. My caboose was just too heavy!

I see what you mean. I have always been tall and thin, so to me, it just seems natural. No boobs or butt to worry about in my case. :-) The biggest I ever got was during my pregnancies, and after I quit smoking 10 years ago and I was very uncomfortable with the extra weight, and thus began my journey back to "skinny"...but in a healthy way. I walk 4 miles a day, never stop, sleep like a baby and strength train. Not bragging, just saying. :-) It's different for everyone. I only eat clean so it is very easy for me to maintain my "skinniness".
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    honestly i think it all depends on the amount of muscle you carry...i'm only 5'6 and once upon a time i got really skinny...i mean people thought i was anorexic (i wasn't) because i just looked really skinny...all my chest bones were sticking out and i was really cut. I weight 130pounds but everyone thought i weighed 115 and no matter how hard i trained or how good i ate i just couldn't break 130 and really shouldn't have. So i wouldn't get stuck on the number because if you are really muscular then it will be harder to reach and even harder to maintain.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    I'd be content with 160, but I'm hoping to reach 150 :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    150!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    my goal was 139, then 135, then 129, then 125 and i stopped there. i got down to 122 and found that too thin. i'm now sitting around 125-126 and am happy with that.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Im 5'9 and weigh 150 now..ppl tell me Im "getting to thin"...
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Bump
  • pykb
    pykb Posts: 6 Member
    My ultimate goal is 130 lbs. This was my weight through college and grad school (at some point, I was down to 118 lbs, but that was too thin for me). Fifteen years and two kids later, I am now at 153 lbs.
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    At my smallest I was about 160. I couldn't imagine being much smaller than that because of my frame. I feel like my ideal would be between 150-155
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    130/135
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    "I guess "too skinny" is a matter of opinion. :-) I know that I feel better, my clothes fit beautifully, and my energy, strength and stamina are through the roof. Of course, I am vegetarian, and we are thinner naturally because of not eating animal products. I don't run into many women my age who are anywhere close to my level of fitness and/or "skinniness". I wear a size 3 in most pants, 2s in some brands. "

I guess a size 2 and 3 is what I would mean by too skinny but good for you for being healthy! I was a size 4 for awhile and I def wouldnt want to go smaller. Everyone is built a little different so the numbers will be a little different for everyone. Ive been cursed with a big butt and big boobs no matter the size - My mom said I had a "lead" butt lol. Perhaps thats why I never got smaller on the scale than 126 lol. My caboose was just too heavy!

I see what you mean. I have always been tall and thin, so to me, it just seems natural. No boobs or butt to worry about in my case. :-) The biggest I ever got was during my pregnancies, and after I quit smoking 10 years ago and I was very uncomfortable with the extra weight, and thus began my journey back to "skinny"...but in a healthy way. I walk 4 miles a day, never stop, sleep like a baby and strength train. Not bragging, just saying. :-) It's different for everyone. I only eat clean so it is very easy for me to maintain my "skinniness".

Then for your build its perfectly healthy :-) We are all built a little different. I bet you feel great!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    I don't chose to invest much in the scale; my body fat loss is more important to me & toning. I'd like to be at 120, but I will realistically end up being in the 140s...
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Cool.. I'm 165 right now.. and want to get in the 130s.. everyone thinks I am insane for wanting to be that weight..

I don't think it's crazy. I started at 165 (I'm 1 inch taller than you) and my goal is in the 130s. You may lose a bunch of weight and not look that different for a while. It's about losing inches too.
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    I'm currently at 142 and am happy with that. My goal at this point is to just be more toned. But, if God sees fit to take a few more off in the meantime, who am i to argue? :happy:
  • Blochner
    Blochner Posts: 13 Member
    I would say around 145. I am 5'8 and I used to weigh 135-140 and everyone told me I was too thin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!