MEN!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym right after work. Let him figure out the rest ; ). He only does it because he can.

this! it's amazing how once I started going to the gym right after work my husband started cooking, feeding the kids and doing the dishes...all because he didn't want to wait another hour and half for me to get home! It works!!
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but they are ALL taken!!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Women treating their husbands like a puppy that can be trained is part of the problem in some cases.

If you can't get him to clean before you get married or his place is trashed don't expect that to change when you get married. If he doesn't change the problem is yours, not his.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    All of that and more. Every day.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    mine does.... doesn't necessarily 'clean' the house, but he does the dishes, makes dinner (most nights) and is out driving the kids to school right now! keep the faith!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My dad always did these things when I was living at home.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. If I asked the same question in reverse, like can any woman change her oil, keep of the phone, or stop a home invader, I would be considered a sexist. Gender roles are defined by upbringing and society, not our bits and pieces.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. If I asked the same question in reverse, like can any woman change her oil, keep of the phone, or stop a home invader, I would be considered a sexist. Gender roles are defined by upbringing and society, not our bits and pieces.

I can do all that except the home invader, lol...still working on that. You do have a point there though, if this was a man asking all that stuff, the drama would ensue.
    In any case, I'm lucky enough to say that my partner does all that: the cleaning etc.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

I can do all that except the home invader, lol...still working on that. You do have a point there though, if this was a man asking all that stuff, the drama would ensue.
    In any case, I'm lucky enough to say that my partner does all that: the cleaning etc.
    I can and have changed the oil in my car, I can do a lot as far as a car goes (thanks to my Ex husband) I cant stay off my phone....texting not talking......I hate talking....and I would definitely attempt to stop a home invader....not sure if id be successful but i'd give it my all......
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    <~~This guy.

No medal please. I believe that the chores around the house are not gender based.

Any man that truly believes that this 'housekeeping' is a woman's job. Is still dragging their knuckles on the ground. Also they disrepsect the woman in their life with the childish notion that it's somehow a woman's place to take care of everything.

Women work too and they need to come home, put their feet up, have their man bring them a drink, a hug, a kiss. Sometimes women need to know their man cares that much to share the responisblities around the house.

Can I marry you now, my Zebra Head????

Pushes Cecy out of the way...me, me, me!!!
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I told my hubby before we got married that if he wanted me to do all the housework and such (like his mom did) that he would have to work as much as needed to pay the bills and I would stay at home. To this day (17 years later), we split the household chores and raising of the girls and both work full time! :laugh: In fact, I think he does more than I do these days.... and now the kids are old enough that we have them doing more and more too so they can function when they're on their own. It's great to have 4 people doing chores instead of just 2! :drinker:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Read the book Love and Respect.

It was a good book to read about relationships.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    me. i do all that stuff and i don't even have a house or kids.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have not met one. I am sure they do exist tho, then again I believe in fairies and ghosts too! J/K..... I also do the lawn the weeding the landscaping, painting, and minor home repairs (the internet is a great home owners tool). :wink:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?

yes! my man does. I started changing the way i treated him and talked to him about these things. I talked to him sincerely and explained to him how overwhelmed i was and didnt yell at him about it. I talked to him respectfully and its amazing what happened. He helped and still continues to help.

Ive come to the realization that all i had to do was ask. The problem with that is I asked but he didnt do it when i wanted him to. I had to learn that regardless, its still got done.

Plus, I just started delegating to him tasks i need him to do. He was totally cool with it. I think he didnt really know what he needed to do cause i handled it all and then resented him for it.

Be specific and respectful. Men need to feel respected. Period.
    Fantastic post. That you are wearing Mavs gear in your profile pics just makes you that much cooler.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Mine will do pretty much anything i ask, but i have to ask. sometimes i wish he'd just look around and see what needs to be done then do it, but remembering his place before we lived together, i know he just really doesn't see it! he's a great dad and will do anything and everything for the kids. when i do ask, i have to give very specific instructions too! but it'll get done! :-) He's recently taken it upon himself to vacuum regularly, which was a nice surprise. This weekend, he mopped the floors because he knew they needed to be done, and i wasn't going to have time. Maybe he's learning after all...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Are there any men in this world that clean a house, make dinner and drive kids around?

yes! my man does. I started changing the way i treated him and talked to him about these things. I talked to him sincerely and explained to him how overwhelmed i was and didnt yell at him about it. I talked to him respectfully and its amazing what happened. He helped and still continues to help.

Ive come to the realization that all i had to do was ask. The problem with that is I asked but he didnt do it when i wanted him to. I had to learn that regardless, its still got done.

Plus, I just started delegating to him tasks i need him to do. He was totally cool with it. I think he didnt really know what he needed to do cause i handled it all and then resented him for it.

Be specific and respectful. Men need to feel respected. Period.
    Fantastic post. That you are wearing Mavs gear in your profile pics just makes you that much cooler.

and you are extremely cool for acknowledging my coolness. we must be friends!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. If I asked the same question in reverse, like can any woman change her oil, keep of the phone, or stop a home invader, I would be considered a sexist.

I do consider the questions you pose as sexist, but so are the OP's.

I can get my oil changed for under $20 (I can change my own, but why, if it doesn't save me money).

Fair question. Stereotyped, but fair.... on the other hand, you have to pay me to get ON the phone (literally).

I know many men who couldn't stop a home invader. Brag about it, sure. Actually do it, no.
    Gender roles are defined by upbringing and society, not our bits and pieces.

This, I agree with 100%.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    When I worked and we did not have kids he did all the laundry. Now I stay at home with the kids and honestly I do most of this stuff, but to me that is the point of me staying at home. He can and will do all this stuff if I need him to, but one a day to day basis I can handle it all. If I worked he would help more and I would know I would not even have to ask.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Man or kids... But one day I would love for a man do that!!! It's a bonus :)