New 30 day shred group!!! ALL WELCOME!!! :o)

Options

Replies

• determinedsocialworker
    Options
    I didn't log for the last month and started today back on track with my copy of Shred in the plans... Now I see this and it seems perfect. I do MFP by myself so this is a great way to get some support and do this with others... great idea and I'd love to join!!
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Was thinking about trying the shred. Count me in!
  • skinnywannebe
    Options
    hey hop you all dont mind me asking what is the 30 day shred that i keep reading on being so well x
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I just started today. So I guess I'll just have fun with the extra days. So happy to be a part of this group. I did 30ds before and got the best results but then I quit and well you know the story. But I'm happy to start it again. I'll be doing it with c25k too so hopefully it works :smile:
  • scarletlion
    scarletlion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey hop you all dont mind me asking what is the 30 day shred that i keep reading on being so well x

It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels! It has 3 circuits of different workouts, which you have to do each for 10 days! And the results are awesome. I'm on my 8th day and i can totally see the difference on my endurance! The first day i couldnt do it all, and now i do it fully and with more energy!
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the DVD before I saw this post! Hopefully it will arrive in time (Royal Mail can be a bit of a pain in the *kitten*!!) so I can join in on the 17th : ) Excited to have a group of people doing the same thing so I will be motivated : ) xx
  • TimeToWork
    Options
    I started 30DS last week. I'd love to join you all. I'll also be mixing in Turbo Fire. I bought my copy of 30DS from Target for about $9.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Hey!!!! Lovely to have you with us!!!

Have you done the shred before? :flowerforyou:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I would be interested in joining if I can! My DVD will hopefully be here at the end of this week! I can't wait to get started!

Of course you can, everyone who wants to do the 30 day shred can join, we all can support each other and compare notes.
    I have done it 3 times non stop 30 days and its a very good workout, flexible and great to squeeze into a busy day.
    I will be using bigger weights this time and smaller weights where non are required just to keep me challenged. I can't wait to get started!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I would also like to join. I started last week on my second round hoping for better results. My first time I only dropped 2lb and 2" but wasn't watching my food, this was before mfp. However I'm also doing Killer Buns and Thighs and trying to walk regularly, so I am having a hard time keeping my motivation for 30DS. I am in other groups for the other workouts as well so possibly a group for this will help me along.

This sounds like the place for you :flowerforyou:

Maybe you need to up your weights, I found that has helped me a lot, It pushes me harder.
    I didn't lose much weight doing the shred but I have toned up nicely and feel great for doing it daily, it's a great all round workout and I love the moves and the way it's put together.
    I will be sticking to a sensible eating plan too, I will be banishing the biscuit jar and no more chocolate for me!!!
    I will need you all to keep me to this too!!! I must be good, want my legs to stay looking nice!!! :tongue:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm in... I just came back from vacation and didn't get to do the shred at all for 10 days, so am planning to start again tomorrow.

Ahhh we are in the same boat!!!

I got back on friday and have eaten way too much crap since, but that needs to stop before I balloon!!! :laugh:

I will be starting on monday the 17th for 30 days non stop, you can start early if you like and do extra or wait and do it with us, totally up to you, I might do a shred tonight or on saturday.
    I feel like doing it after all this talking about it!!

We have a really big group now and this should help us all stay on track knowing we are all going to be checking in to say we did it each day, I will write a new topic page on the 16th or 17th so we can all check in daily and keep our progress recorded, I think this will be just the thing I need to stay on track and get me back into proper daily workouts, I have been slack for too long.

:drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'll join in Mel!!! I want to look like you!! xx

Awww Tor,

My dear friend xxx :flowerforyou:

Thank you, I have to admit I was surprised at my own appearance, but it goes to show that hard work does pay off!!
    We can do this together!!!

Have you got a copy of the DVD? You can get it on ebay, I'm sure they will deliver before monday!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    hiya heard so much about this 30ds, would love to join this group,but waiting for my copy to so fingers crossed its here b4 monday, already do various workout sessions at my local gym but this will be an added bonus,

Great to have you with us, this workout is fab if you can't get to the gym or don't have much time ... or when the weather is bad and it's impossible to get out.
    I still am challenged by it and I am so glad I bought this DVD, it's a brilliant tool!!

Can't wait to get started, I hope your copy arrives in time, if not just start the day it turns up!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I would love to join this group.Thanks for the motivation.Will be counting down the days til I start!!!

Whooop!!! Good to have you with us!!

I guess you have your DVD and weights etc, I can't wait to starttoo, will be great to do it with so many people!!! :wink:
  • melgibson
    Options
    I didn't log for the last month and started today back on track with my copy of Shred in the plans... Now I see this and it seems perfect. I do MFP by myself so this is a great way to get some support and do this with others... great idea and I'd love to join!!

This is the place to be!!! :flowerforyou:

We all need some support, I :heart: MFP!!!
    We can do this together, I have been at this dieting and exercise lark for years and it is still hard sometime to find the motivation to get hot a sweaty, it's easy to be lazy and put it off so we need to focus and do what we can to help each other be the best we can be. LET'S DO THIS THING!!!!! :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Was thinking about trying the shred. Count me in!

YAY!! one of my MFP pals!! Great to have you on board!! Lets have it!!!! :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options

The 30 Day Shred is a workout DVD.
    Written and designed by Jillian Michaels, who is a famous trainer, works for the biggest loser TV show.
    She is very well respected and gets results by pushing us hard and motivating us to be the best we can be.

The DVD itself has three separate workout, level 1, level 2, and level 3.
    You are supposed to start on level one then move on when your ready, then again when your ready again.
    You need hand weights and a floor mat if you have hard floors. You will need to workout in front of the TV and DVD player to follow the plan.
    I can't recommend this workout high enough, it is a really great workout, whatever level you are on there will be a way to do it.
    Each level has a beginner and advanced levels within it and it will show you how to tailor it to your level.

The DVD is quite cheap to buy as it's not a new one any more but it has some great moves and will give you results whatever level you are currently at.

It is designed to be used for 30 days each day, non stop. With a sensible eating plan, so it works perfectly whilst following your MFP guidelines. Stay under your MFP goals with food and do he shred DVD daily and you will see great results in 30 days!!!

Let us know if you would like to join!!
    You can get your copy on the internet quite cheaply and should be delivered in time for mondays start day on the 17th, or can start the day it arrives!!!
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did the shred back in July and lost about 4lbs and a few inches, unfortunately I have put that weight back on, haven't been exercing and have been eating like crap! I would like to start the shred again on the 17th (I am hoping to get my husband interested as well!). Count me in for the 17th!
  • melgibson
    Options
    I want to join. I just started today. So I guess I'll just have fun with the extra days. So happy to be a part of this group. I did 30ds before and got the best results but then I quit and well you know the story. But I'm happy to start it again. I'll be doing it with c25k too so hopefully it works :smile:

Lovely to have you here!!!

We can do this together :flowerforyou:

I have completed the C25K as well and it's AMAZING!!!!

I recommend both very highly!!!

Can't wait to get started, you'll be doing some extra days but that is all good, feel free to log in here and post your progress report each day before the 17th so we can see how your getting on :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options

It's a workout video by Jillian Michaels! It has 3 circuits of different workouts, which you have to do each for 10 days! And the results are awesome. I'm on my 8th day and i can totally see the difference on my endurance! The first day i couldnt do it all, and now i do it fully and with more energy!

Great to have so many people signing up, your already a week in so will be quite far ahead but I guess the extra days will be great too!!
    I can't wait to get started!!!
    Feel free to post yoru progress repoets here each day so we can hear how your doing and progressing!! I guess you'll be going to level 2 soon!!!? :flowerforyou: