THE Team ~ Week 7~ March 20th - 26th

Options
15678911»

Replies

• DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thanks Kristi and nitag, I really appreciate it! Losing weight is the best! :laugh:

Yep Yep Kristi, my dad quit playing with Alison when I was little, so he could stay at home and help my mom raise my sisters and I. Now, we push him all the time to play music(which he does!). I'm very proud to say that my father is the ONLY member of Union Station who has quit, not been fired! LOL

I had a friend of mine tell me about a barbecue chicken breast recipe that she uses, and it sounds pretty yummy, so thought I'd share.

Mix 1 C ketchup with 1 can Diet Coke
    Put chicken breasts in a large skillet with this mixture
    Once it begins to simmer, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
    Remove the lid so the sauce will thicken and simmer for 15 minutes longer

I don't know, sounds pretty good to me! Might try it tonight
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    well Team I only have a few minutes but I want to say Dara congrates on the 5 pounds, Kristi nice to see you up and moving today...we really missed you yesterday...

well off to eat my salad and then to the shower so I can get to the Ice Rink!!! see you guys tonight.. I did squeeze 10 minutes to tan today LOL...

Sheila
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    I feel waterlogged! Dragged myself to the pool and finished the laps with the extra 8. Guess the exercise bug has bit me - I don't stop until I'm done my goal for the day.

Wonderful to hear Kole is doing better! :love: He IS a fighter.

Olympic swimmer?? Wow.Thanks for the tips.

Off to make chicken supper.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Today was pretty good. Got up this morning and my internet wasnt working, again, so I ate breakfast and decided to jet to the gym before I changed my mind.. LOL I was tired from water aerobics last night but told myself "nope! you are going before you talk yourself out of it!" I usually take Thursday off, but I cant go Saturday so Im trading the days. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, then walked on the treadmill. Got a cramp in the bottom of my foot and it kinds twinged a bit so I cut my treadmill time to 15 minutes instead of 30. It ached and I didnt want to hurt myself and not be able to go tomorrow.

My kids had a half day today so we cleaned out closets. Yay! alot of crap going bye bye!! LOL Also.. my daughter had a track meet today and her back is feeling much better, so I went to watch her. She ran the 1 mile in 5:39 seconds and came in 1st place, then ran the 800 meter in 2:30 seconds and came in 2nd place. It was so much fun to watch and cheer her on! :happy:

Anywho... Im around. Not doing much of anything else the rest of the day.
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Evening team,

Good to hear about Kole, Anita. My thoughts are with your family.

Good job dwray on the loss!

Nice on the swimming healthymom!

Li4g- good attitude:smile: , I do not have to battle with myself about the gym or a run anymore, except when it is really windy outside on a run day! Congrats for your daughter, I was in track in Grade. 12, but then my injury happened during training....and screwed that up:frown: OH well!!!!

Today was a pretty good day for me, just an an easier run of 3 miles. I am still eating my dinner of Kohlrabi saute (yummm), and some kale salad (also yummm!). Well off to do some school work for yoga, talk to you guys later!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I normally dont have to battle myself either, but I had a hard workout day yesterday. 1 hour of cardio, 1 hour of water aerobics and 15 minutes of lap swim. I slept like a baby last night and this morning when I got up.. it was definitely a motrin day. Once it kicked in I was able to convince myself to go. I knew I would feel better knowing I got it done. :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Oh... also thought I would mention that last night when I was talking to hubby (Morgolis) on the phone he said he has dropped some weight and now his pants are too big! Just thought I would share that with you guys cuz I am pretty excited for him. :happy:

I managed to sqweeze myself into a pair of Levi's that I havent been able to even think of buttoning in the last 2 years. Wore them all day today. They are even a little loose around the caboose which is really strange! I dont remember them fitting this way.. :laugh:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Oh... also thought I would mention that last night when I was talking to hubby (Morgolis) on the phone he said he has dropped some weight and now his pants are too big! Just thought I would share that with you guys cuz I am pretty excited for him. :happy:

I managed to sqweeze myself into a pair of Levi's that I havent been able to even think of buttoning in the last 2 years. Wore them all day today. They are even a little loose around the caboose which is really strange! I dont remember them fitting this way.. :laugh:

That's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    Options

That is GREAT!!!! I am very proud of you... Keep up the GREAT JOB...

well my daughter did a great job tonight... and it is late.. I had a cup of hot chocolate while I was at the ice rink.. I couldnt wait to see how bad in calories were but it wasnt as bad so I feel much better now... anyway have a great night.. see you guys tomorrow for weigh in

sheila
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Nothing is EVER loose in the caboose for me! The waist, yes. The tush, no.

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi. Another crazy week is almost done, yay!

I fell yesterday in step class, and I'm ok but a little sore. I walked around the lake with a friend today and it was a nice break from the gym routine. Probably the only non-rain day we are going to have for the week, so it felt good to be outside!

Have a great evening, all!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great this week I'm passing out pats on the back BEFORE weigh in tomorrow! You guys are all so motivational and you each really do Try Hard Everyday!

Where's dewdrop?? I miss you dewdrop!

DWray - you are off to a fantastic start! I can't wait to try the zumba dancing - I'm going this weekend to find a video.

CM - I get it - and it's nice you pop in on - we miss you.

Congrats to your dh LI4G! Yayy her! Very impressive.

Sheila - let us know how your dh does.

Kristi - how's your exercise going? Are you excited about vacation?

Chanty - You have yoga at school? Nice!

Still prayers for Kole, Anita - - and hey, if you just cook up some possum for Jethro, he'll never yell at you again!

Getfit - Hiiiiiii! Glad to see you!

Okay, everyone else - see you tomorrow for weigh-ins!! Keep your fingers crossed for my job interview, please! .........................later gaters.........................
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, how are you? I had a pretty productive day at work, which is nice, and I didn't have to stay there so late, so even better. Good day for eating, too.

Oh, I tried fage! Very good! The exercise is an interesting issue for me. I feel pretty good about it, and then I see what you all are doing and I think, "gosh, I am hardly moving!" I know its foolish to compare what I can do with what you all do, but for some reason, that thought creeps in pretty often. I'm working on it! :frown:

Scales.jpg
    Well, tomorrow is the day we see if I am officially on a plateau, or just resting. Take care all!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

That is GREAT!!!! I am very proud of you... Keep up the GREAT JOB...

well my daughter did a great job tonight... and it is late.. I had a cup of hot chocolate while I was at the ice rink.. I couldnt wait to see how bad in calories were but it wasnt as bad so I feel much better now... anyway have a great night.. see you guys tomorrow for weigh in

sheila

Hot cocoa & Chocolate milk are staples in my daily menu.. LOL! I use sugar free nesquick and it doesnt taste sugar free at all. Its the only way I can manage to actually drink milk and tastes great as cocoa too. Its a nightly ritual for me, especially if we eat dinner early and I need something later to satisfy me before bed. Its always in my daily cals. :drinker:

PS. Milk does a body good :laugh: especially with chocolate in it!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    milk.gif

I love milk!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Lulu - Wops, I meant school work then yoga. No yoga at school, but I am doing some Human Kinetic courses next semester (that I am realllly excited about!). I know some big universities have yoga (not for credit), but I goto a really small college.
  • swignal
    Options
    good morning Team... I havent weighed yet I have to drive over my dads to weigh in I dont keep a scale at my house cuz I dont want to be tempted to get on it!!! so it might not be until later when I weigh in.. I really havent seen the new thread?? so I will check back later..

Hope everyone is doing good this morning.. I am a bit tierd I got up earlier then normal I am waiting for my body to wake up LOL I dont normally get up until 10 and I was up at 7 am OMG I already want a nap LOL

well see you all in a little while

sheila
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Here is the NEW thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47038-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-8-march-27-april

____________________________________________________________________________