STOP FIGHTING!!!!!

Options
SERIOUSLY? What is going on here? There has been more arguing, name calling, and general snottiness these past few weeks than ever. Witness how many more lock downs you have seen.

You can say, "Don't read it if you don't like it"... But some (most) of the time a topic is posted with and general question ie "How Many Carbs are Low Carb?" or something like that. I am sure a lot of people would like to see other opinions about this. Unfortunately, you tune in, begin reading, and sure enough pretty soon there is a pissing match between someone (a lot of times not even the OP) and it just escalates on ignoring the real question.

I really can't believe all the juvenile middle school behaviour. This is supposed to be a supportive, informative web site, not a place to be spouting whatever to one up someone and have the last word.

That said, Asking for prayers for your new boobs is a BIT OVER THE LINE!!!

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY? What is going on here? There has been more arguing, name calling, and general snottiness these past few weeks than ever. Witness how many more lock downs you have seen.

You can say, "Don't read it if you don't like it"... But some (most) of the time a topic is posted with and general question ie "How Many Carbs are Low Carb?" or something like that. I am sure a lot of people would like to see other opinions about this. Unfortunately, you tune in, begin reading, and sure enough pretty soon there is a pissing match between someone (a lot of times not even the OP) and it just escalates on ignoring the real question.

I really can't believe all the juvenile middle school behaviour. This is supposed to be a supportive, informative web site, not a place to be spouting whatever to one up someone and have the last word.

You call it a "pissing match". Others call it "Passionate debate".

I call it "An exercise in seeing how many times i can head/desk before it breaks".
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    My e-peen is bigger! :tongue:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Please do pray for my new boobs.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the lecture...it really helps

Would you like to add another exclamation point to that?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Prayers for boobies?!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    <sigh>

*pulls up a chair, watches the sky for fireworks*
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Prayers for boobies?!

You didnt see the epicness of those two threads last night?! :O
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just like a conversation in person, you cannot control what a person's response will be here. The natural course of discussions is that they generally go off-course. Anyone should feel free to ask any questions they want, and know and understand that people will respond how they will respond. Ignore what isn't helpful, and take what is helpful. If someone calls you a name, or responds differently than what you want, so what, get over it.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I also don't consider it fighting unless there are vulgarities or name calling involved. What's wrong with a healthy , intelligent debate of exchange of ideas. I thought that was the whole point of asking for information or starting a thread - so you could get and exchange information - you don't have to like it, believe it or take it - that's always optional.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    well this post is about as useless as the "pissing matches"
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    atspopcorn.gif
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options

You're Pretty :flowerforyou:
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I also don't consider it fighting unless there are vulgarities or name calling involved. What's wrong with a healthy , intelligent debate of exchange of ideas. I thought that was the whole point of asking for information or starting a thread - so you could get and exchange information - you don't have to like it, believe it or take it - that's always optional.

amen
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    LOUD NOISES!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Can someone please pray for my old boobs?
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think I need to pray for mine their disappearing
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    <sigh>

*pulls up a chair, watches the sky for fireworks*

Brought the popcorn, who's bringing the drinks?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Prayers for boobies?!

You didnt see the epicness of those two threads last night?! :O

I missed it. Truth of the matter is.. when I go home from work, I tend to have a life outside of MFP. Its shocking, I know. :laugh:
  • Alice230
    Options
    Welcome to the internet lol