60 lbs by March- September

Options

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    shell-even over 2 weeks...that is an awesome loss!!! congrats :) and good job with the goals for this week so far too :)
  • CatherineMH
    CatherineMH Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This weeks challenge:
    Under sodium 6/7 days this week
    Workout at least 20 minutes a day
    80 oz of water a day

Sunday: under sodium, worked out 75 minutes, 88 oz water
    Monday: over sodium, worked out 90 minutes, 88 oz water

Days under sodium: 1/7
    Days meeting workout goal: 2/7
    Days with 80+oz water: 2/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    I'll have to update the rest after work...since I won't know totals til then :)
    NEW CHALLENGE
    Sunday: under sodium, 32/20min on elliptical plus a 30min walk, 96/80oz of H20
    Monday: under sodium, 32/20min on elliptical plus a 30min walk, 104/80oz of H20
    Tuesday: under sodium, ??/20min of walking, 96/80oz of H20
    Wednesday:
    Thrusday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Totals
    Total days under sodium: 3/7
    Total days 20min WO: 2/7
    Total days getting water: 2/7

Catherine-nice job so far!
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Thank you, Tara!

Wow, I didn't realize what a hard time I'd have with sodium. I never really watched it before. I do really well all day, but it seems like everything I make for dinner is loaded with the stuff. Definitely learning something this week.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This weeks challenge:
    80 oz of water a day

Tuesday: over sodium, worked out 60 minutes, 88 oz water

Days under sodium: 1/7
    Days meeting workout goal: 3/7
    Days with 80+oz water: 3/7
  • jesstroxel
    Options
    Catherine-Sodium is one of my biggest challenges. I thought since I didnt add salt to my foods, I wouldn't have an issue with it. Boy was I wrong, I have been with MFP for almost a year and it is still a huge stuggle with me.

Tara- Great job!!

Sunday: over sodium, W/O 93 minutes, 64 oz water
    Monday: under sodium, W/O 60 minutes, 80 oz water
    Tuesday: over sodium, W/O 0 minutes, 80 oz water
    TOTALS:
    Total days under sodium : 1/7
    Total days 20+ min W/O: 2/7
    Total days 80+ oz of H2O: 3/7

Not happy about yesterday. But today is a new day and I NEED to get my focus back.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    10/9-10/15 CHALLENGE
    Sunday: over sodium, no exercise, 64oz of H2O (didn't know about the challenge yet! eek!)
    Monday: under sodium (1446mg), 30 mins of 30DS (modified plus a few extra mins of cardio), 112oz of H2O
    Tuesday: under sodium (1289mg), no exercise (was up late studying for a test), 88oz of H2O
    Wednesday:
    Thrusday:
    Friday:
    Saturday: Going to Halloweekend at Cedar Point so everything will be BAD!! lol

Totals
    Total days under sodium: 2/7
    Total days 20min WO: 1/7
    Total days getting 80oz water: 2/7

Tara- thanks! I'm trying to flush out sodium and lose my water weight from my cheat day, but it's NOT working and I am getting frustrated...doesn't look like I am going to make my anniversary goal and it bums me out. :( I did JM with 5 lb weights and ouch! lol. After doing nothing for so long, I am so weak and out of shape. My arms are still hurting today! haha. You are doing an excellent job on this challenge!! Keep it up. ;)

Shell- Tara is right, even in two weeks that is a great loss!

Catherine- Nice job so far. I had a hard time with sodium at first too. Processed foods really make all the difference. I'm pretty much only over on my cheat days now (because fast food makes it pretty much impossible). It's hard to find the balance between over and extremely low (which makes things bland) so now I'm trying to focus on making things still taste "right" and not too "healthy" while still staying under. It's hard because there is no good substitute for salt in homemade things and when you are used to it, it is hard to get it to taste "right". lol. good luck with the sodium!

Jess- Yesterday was an "off" day for me too because I was busy the entire day and up late studying for a test so I didn't have time for a workout...only got 6 hours of sleep as it was. You are right, though, today is a new day for us both! :D
  • tjradd73
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE
    Sunday: under sodium, 62min WO, 96/80oz of H20
    Monday: under sodium, 62min WO, 104/80oz of H20
    Tuesday: under sodium, 90min WO, 96/80oz of H20
    Wednesday:
    Thrusday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Totals
    Total days under sodium: 3/7
    Total days 20min WO: 3/7
    Total days getting water: 3/7

Catherine-the sodium thing will fall into place....I did challenges, on and off for a few months, for watching my sodium...and it was horrible how much I had in the beginning...now I don't really pay attention to it, but I still stay right around 1500mg/day!! :wink:

Jess-you can do it!!! refocus and kick some butt today!! :bigsmile:

Tosha-5lbs for JM is still tough for me even (and I haven't had a "break" from working out!) so great job getting it done!! No worries about your sodium OR you anni goal...you and I both know that it will come off in the end...whether it be exactly when you want or not!! I need you to stick with it no matter what....as it will push me to do the same!!! :smokin: <<<that's my version of a badass!! LOL
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Tara- I like the badass. ;) I will definitely be sticking with it. I know you know all about the weight coming off in ITS OWN time...just frustrating sometimes. I am so close to getting under 200 so that is making me really impatient right now. I just want to get under once and for all and never look back!! :D I know I'll get there....eventually. lol. and when I do, I will definitely be STAYING there. They say the slower you lose the weight, the better chance you have of keeping it off. I should have a pretty good shot, then. hahaha.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    OMFG:laugh: ....well if that's the true case...I should never have to worry about gaining again!!!! I want you to be in the 100's and me to be in the 1-teens by the end of this month....can it happen?!?!?! we shall see!!!! that's between 6-7lbs for the both of us...in just over 2 weeks....steep goal...but I am going for it!!!!
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the sodium feedback. I do tend to add salt when cooking and am working on that. I'm also learning that my fast mixes & sauces are LOADED with the stuff. All very eye-opening. I paid close attention to what I could change today and the numbers are looking better.

Jess, we all have rough days. What's important is that you're getting back to it! :)

Tosha & Tara, good luck to you both on your goals! I'm looking forward to seeing the 160s this month. *fingers crossed* I haven't been there in 6 years!

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This weeks challenge:
    80 oz of water a day

Wednesday: under sodium, worked out 80 minutes, 80 oz water

Days under sodium: 2/7
    Days meeting workout goal: 4/7
    Days with 80+oz water: 4/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Catherine-awesome job today!! and here's to hoping that we ALL reach some huge milestones by the end of this year!!!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Tara- I want that too! And I am definitely still shooting for 199 by the end of October, so we will see what happens...hopefully it will be good! :D

Catherine- Thanks and hopefully you hit the 160s too! That's my ultimate goal and I can't remember being that since junior high! lol. I don't remember the last time I was under 200 either. I think right before I got pregnant with my oldest who is going to be 7 in january!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE
    Sunday: under sodium, 62min WO, 96oz of H20
    Monday: under sodium, 62min WO, 104oz of H20
    Tuesday: under sodium, 90min WO, 96oz of H20
    Wednesday: under sodium, 72min WO, 80oz of H20
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Totals
    Total days under sodium: 4/7
    Total days 20min WO: 4/7
    Total days getting water: 4/7

LET'S DO THIS LADIES!!!!!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    This weeks challenge:
    80 oz of water a day

Sunday: over on sodium, 45 minute workout, 56oz water
    Monday:under on sodium, 70 minute workout total, 64oz water
    Tuesday: under on sodium, 140 minute workout, 64oz water
    Wednesday: under on sodium, 30 minute workout, 56oz water
  • tjradd73
    Options
    you are doing great shell!!!!!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    thanks, wednesday was actually not a good day for me. I worked midnight-8:30am & my system was all screwed up because of the shift change. I realized halfway into the shift that I was just snacking out of control and I think I was able to reign in it, but I did go over on calories for the day because of it
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Made cookies today with the boys and only ate one. Success! Hope you're all having wonderful days!

This weeks challenge:
    80 oz of water a day

Wednesday: under sodium, worked out 80 minutes, 80 oz water
    Thursday: under sodium, worked out 40 minutes, 96 oz water

Days under sodium: 3/7
    Days meeting workout goal: 5/7
    Days with 80+oz water: 5/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    shell-its def hard to get used to shift work...especially when you dont do it consistently, but at least you got it under control before too much damage was done!! :)

Catherine-another great day for you!!! awesome job only eating 1 cookie!!! I have come to realize that just because I want and have to eat healthy, does not mean that the rest of the world will change for me too!! There was always be temptation...and you just passed your quiz with it!!!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    This weeks challenge:
    80 oz of water a day

Sunday: over on sodium, 45 minute workout, 56oz water
    Monday:under on sodium, 70 minute workout total, 64oz water
    Tuesday: under on sodium, 140 minute workout, 64oz water
    Wednesday: under on sodium, 30 minute workout, 56oz water
    Thursday: over on sodium, 32 minute workout, 88oz water
  • CatherineMH
    Options
    Thank you, Tara! I really appreciate the way you said that. I'm learning that it's on me 100% to make my life healthier & happier...and that I'm capable of doing it! Thankfully, my emotions seem to be making a shift to the more positive and I'm hoping all of my tough decisions this week will add up to a happy dance on the scale on Sunday. :) Now, I just have to make it through my son's birthday today (pizza & pumpkin pie) and lunch out with extended family tomorrow. You're great motivation to me!