<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• ltki
    ltki Posts: 77
    Options
    I'd love to join, this will be my first group on MFP and I have been thinking for a while I really need to up my cal as I have been at a plateau for what seems like forever. I work out at least 6 days a week and train hard, a good mix of circuit, heavy weight training, running and cycling. I have a mental blockage where I feel I cant eat above 1200-1300 even though I've trained for over an hour and I know that my body is probably starving (even though I'm not hungry). Anyway, love the ideas for upping cals will give them a try. Looking forward to some motivation from like minded women!

I am 165cm or 5ft 4in and my current weight is 68kg or 150lb and my goal is to get to 60kg or 132lb (and Australian so needed to convert all those measurements!)

This month I'm doing a bootcamp through my gym so today's workout started off with a 30min circuit followed by 30min of running with weights and some sprints for fun.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am most definitely in!! Those of you that are using protein powder, help!! I bought one from my local whole foods store and i have to fight to hold it down. What brands do you use? I would love to get one that was unflavored.
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Okies I have just set myself at .5lbs per week which is 1700ish plus I burn a min of 400cals per weekday which will put me at 2100. So I'm in :D

And ooooo a fellow Australia I am 5'10" and weigh 159.5lbs or 72.5kg I want to get to 59kg or 152lbs. I found a thing today with frame sizes and ideal weights apparently that is the lowest I should go with a large frame.

I go shopping Tuesday no more skim milk for me and I'm going to pig out on eggs

I want to start stacking on the muscle but I honest am clueless about that type of stuff lol
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am most definitely in!! Those of you that are using protein powder, help!! I bought one from my local whole foods store and i have to fight to hold it down. What brands do you use? I would love to get one that was unflavored.

Sorry I can't help you with the brands. I'm living in Germany, so I'm testing out the various brands here. I would search around the message boards a bit and see what other people are using. I think a lot of people on this site are using some kind of protein powder.

I'm going food shopping today at the Asian Market. I'm so excited, gonna get some tempeh and whatever other interesting things they have.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! This thread is SO refreshing! I read a lot of posts on here but I never comment because I felt I didn't really fit in anywhere, or have anything in common with most!

I also like to eat and aim for at least 2000 :)

A little bit about me, I live in New Zealand, grew up really heavy, maxed out at about 130kgs (about 286lbs) and now that I'm 29 I'm the smallest I have ever been at 76kgs (167lbs). I'm looking to get down to about 70kgs but the scale doesn't really bother me, I'd rather be healthy, toned and fit! Strong is the new sexy!!!

I run 4-6 days a week, strength train three times a week and try to fit in yoga when I can! I love being active and pushing myself!
    Unfortunately I had my wisdom teeth out a few days ago and have been hardly able to eat at all and am not allowed to workout :( back to it next week!!

My favorite protein shake is using protein powder, milk, spinach, blueberries and almond butter mmmmm

Whoa super long post! I must be excited to find like minded gals!!

Psych xx
  • jess3012
    Options
    bump
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Aaahhh - love this thread - go girls that eat!!

I am eating around 2000 to 2200 per day......
    For the past week I have been doing "Double Days" in the gym, so my body needs all the food!!
    And in the past week I have lost 3.5kgs (7.5lbs) - after a month of being on a plateau.

I still want to lose around 10kgs(22lbs), but in the end of the day the final decision will be how my booty looks in a size 12 jeans (not the scale) :-)
  • mushalek
    Options
    just ate an oz of mozzarella and a veggie burger to up my calories to 2000+ :) LOVE EATING!

mhmm that sounds good ! i'm having greek yogurt mixed with pudding powder ( makes an awesome fluff mousey like texture ) with cherrios and almonds got my Kcals in plus my sweet tooth :) haha

oh wow. that sounds awesome. I've never tried that. which flavor combinations do you like best?

i like using just plain yogurt and white chocolate and mix in a tbsp of pb thats my fav but theres so manny flavors so i never get board! hah
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You know it is funny. I've been told that I am supposed to be eating 2100 calories a day by more than one source. I was logging my food on another web sight that made such claims and I actually had some success! Since I've been on MFP (there is way more foods to enter on here) I haven't had much loss. I think I would like to join this group and see where it takes me...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I use 100% whey vanilla flavor by eas. I got it from costco for like 30 bucks and there's 80 servings per bag.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    So I am kind of new to eating more. Today will be one of two rest days for the week. Where should I keep my calories today? My base is set for 1550, but I was thinking maybe more like 1700 net for the day?

What do you guys do on your rest days?

Thanks, Melissa
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i'm in. on rest days i eat 1700 calories (once a week) and on days I exercise i'll eat 2000-2400 calories (six days a week).
    Options
    I plan 1800 calories on rest days and get a walk in or pilates or something. not 100% rest days but still recuperative! :)
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I use 100% whey vanilla flavor by eas. I got it from costco for like 30 bucks and there's 80 servings per bag.

Thanks! There are so many different kinds it gets to be a bit nervewrecking trying to pick one. I'm going tomorrow to get some!
    Options
    2000 calories today. That's the goal. I did 90 minutes cardio...burning maybe 600 calories. So that's about right. I don't mind if I eat a bit more but not LOADS more. I hate being so doggone short/small...my BMR is just so low. That's where exercise comes in.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I use the same, and for the same reason, except I got it from Sam's not Costco, but same price for the huge bag.
    Options
    it's actualy pretty yummy. i add all sorts of things to it to make it taste different but it's a solid protein powder and only 130 calories.
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    I love the spirit of this group! I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most of you ladies seem to be, but I'd love to join anyway. I've been thinking that I should probably up my calories and start enjoying food instead of making it the enemy, so that's what I've done now. (So I'm on 1860 with a 250-calorie deficit. I'll need to get used to eating more again but I think I'll get there.) I've also reset my exercise goals, and right now my goal is to burn 2000 calories in a week (I know it sounds ridiculous but I've never been very active, so it's a huge step for me).

For exercise I currently walk and run, and I'm planning to take up pilates and climbing classes at the university gym. I'm not super fitness oriented but I really believe that I need to stop thinking I'll eventually be happy with my body if it's just different from how it is now. I need to start seeing what I can do with it and being proud of that, and starting to love myself as I am rather than what I think I should be like. (It's hard. I don't know if I'll ever get there. But I think this group would be a good help on the way!)
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Well at least it's still morning in Phoenix!

I have a recipe for you ladies that are needing protein but are tired of protein powder etc.. I love these.

Protein Pancakes
    5 egg whites
    1/3 cup rolled oats (not instant)
    1-2 tbs sliced almonds
    1 tsp flax seeds
    2 tbs raisins
    cinnamon and any sweetener you like to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes then cook in a pan with spray oil. Makes 5 pancakes usually. They cook really fast be careful.
    Cal 50 Carb 4 Fat 2 Pro 5 Sodium 49

I double the recipe because I usually eat about 3 at a time. I like them cold best. They are also really yummy with a small amount of almond butter on them!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I think I will go to Costco and pick up that powder you guys mentioned...thanks!