one interesting/ random or unique fact about you? :)

Options

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    my parents are both hippie artists and I grew up travellng all over the place going to art festivals and gallery openings. Dur to this fact, the smell of patchulli or the inside of Whole foods brings back fond childhood memories
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I slid down the emergency landing slide of the NAOC (National Airborne Operations Center). Which is the Boeing 747 that is used for the President, VP, SecDef etc. If anything crazy ever goes down (this is the plane they sent to the whitehouse to get the VP on 9/11).
    My birthday is St. Patrick's Day
    I'm an expert shot on the M16 rifle
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    My mom and I have the same birthday. . . . and there are four sets of us all together in the family like that lol

My sister and I are both born on the 11th, She's the 11th of Feb 1989 and I am 11th July 1990..

When we were little and ppl would ask when our birthday was we would just say the 11th..
    Everyone thought we were twins hahaha

lol. . That is so awesome. . I could see that happening though since you both were so close in age.

We look NOTHING alike which was the funnier part..
    she was always tall and skinny and I was always short and frumpy haha

Around high school no one even knew we were sisters she was the tall popular chick..
    I was the music nerd.. lol
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I am an avid gamer.Big time. So is my husband. :D
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My mom and I have the same birthday. . . . and there are four sets of us all together in the family like that lol

I share a birthday with one of my sisters, who is 6 years older than me.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    A few interesting facts about me:

1. I can ride a unicycle.

2. I love card tricks and am a fan of ellusionist.com

3. I write poetry and enjoy putting thoughts to words

4. My family are descendents of slaves belonging to President George Washington at Mount Vernon. I can trace them back to the mid-1700s.

5. I graduated from high school in Rota, Spain.

6. I used to speak German fluently and now have forgotten most of it. I speak Spanish well enough to get by.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm bored so here are a few more:
    -I play the viola
    -The actor Crispin Glover has a painting of mine in his house
    -I sold books to both Shaquille O'Neil and Muhamad Ali when I worked at Borders
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm named after a woman my dad thought was hot.
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Randomness about me..and or my family..

My great great grandfather was a famous medium, and wrote the book ..the Soul of Jack London, finishing it after his death through his wife.. ( um...so she said lol) after his death his widow had an affair with Harry Hoodini. :)

I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, we are all born within 4 days of a holiday, mine is Christmas....fun. NOT.
    My birthdate is a mirror image... 12-21 the year I was born also adds to 12. My 55 th birthday is 12-21-12

I spent my teen years thinking I was SO short, I'm 5'7", my mom was 6'ft my dad 6'4, brothers are 6'4 and 6'7 and my sister is 6ft. Nearly every woman in my family is at 6ft and most of the men are over 6'2. So you can see why I thought that...lol

I have researched my family geneology and love that as a hobby, so I do it for friends..one of the other nurses and I share an 8th great grandmother...and I am related to many presidents or their wives, including Rutherford B. Hayes, William Howard Taft and Gerald Ford. The wives of Grover Cleveland, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Dwight D Eisenhower. and odd but true I'm related to both Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracey..LOL

I love accents....when I hear one and can mimic it well in a very short time, I can switch between them randomly and am quite entertaining they say at parties.LOL

I'm sure there are more unique than I ..but just sharing..LOL
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i had my 1st baby when i was 18, i used to be in pageants and baton twirling competitions for many years when younger, and i had my last baby on christmas day :)
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I appeared on Jeopardy! (and I won)

That's so awesome! Huge fan--congrats!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    I once had my car in the body shop and when I got it back I was driving to pick my boyfriend at the time up from work. I felt something tickle my knee, when I went to scratch it I felt something hard. So I grabbed the hard thing and clutched it, while still in my pants, for two more miles until I got to his job. When I got there him and a bunch of guys were standing around, I got out and said "hold on, there's something in my pants", shook my leg, and out fell a dead mouse. :blushing: Guess I squished his head when I was clutching him. The boyfriend and all his friends cracked up. We later found the mouse had been nesting in my glove box at the body shop.

Oh my heavens! That's terrifying! I'd have wrecked my car!!! Thank goodness you're okay!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    I went into labor 5 weeks early because my husband made me laugh SOOO hard.
    We were hanging out at home, and he was telling funny stories. I just got so hysterical with laughter and couldn't stop, and then my stomach started hurting, and I was literally laughing and screaming at the same time- "Stop making me laugh! Something is wrong!"
    Our baby girl was born couple hours later. There was no other explanation for her being born early. I hadn't had a single problem or contraction of any type before that night.

Awesome story! How funny!!!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    Options
    I have two birthmarks.

Descendant of Buffalo Bill Cody.

I have my CDL.
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I can still do a full split at 8 month pregnant. WOHOO!!
  • dashnigma
    dashnigma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have an extra vertebra.
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    My husbands brothers are all married to women called Lisa, I am reffered to as number 2 (Charming I know) because I came along 2nd. Strange but true.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Silly to most, I am sure, but I make my own laundry detergent. And since I have been doing so, it only costs about $8 per year. And my clothes come out as clean as if I had used the name brand detergents.

I smile each time I pass the detergent aisle in the store!
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i was born 2 1/2 months early and because of TOO much oxygen, i am blind in one eye..i thought oxygen was GOOD for you!! LOLz.:ohwell: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I (accidentally) burned off the fingerprint of my pinky on my left hand when I was in 7th grade...with a curling iron.