Catch phrases that annoy you....

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I thought up a few more.

"Bro" or the even less formal version, "brah." I went to high school with kids who STILL say it in almost every FB status. That and chode. They love saying chode.

"What it do?" Is it that hard to speak like you actually have an education?

Any form of "fail" unless they literally mean failing, i.e., failed a class, failed your driving test, etc.

"Usually always." It just reeks of stupidity.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    when people write in spanish and use "K" instead of que...

when people write a lot as "alot"

The phrase duces when someone is saying bye. For some reason it just irritates the hell out of me.

and the phrase "backwards racism"

Example:
    Non-caucasian person: I hate white people
    Caucasian person: Dude, you are backwards racist.

No.. it isn't..... it is just a racist. Racism is- hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. Not caucasians being racist toward other races. UGH..

This. ALL of this!
    Also, when someone says they did a 360*, to indicate they made a drastic change. A 360* is a full rotation, 180* is turning to face the opposite direction. I cringe and laugh inside my head every time I hear that.

I've had the conversation with my mother about a dozen times. We share the same annoyances. "literally" is one of her biggest pet peeves along with "ATM Machine" Automatic teller machine...machine...NO! It's just an ATM.
    "What up?" annoy.
    I was once on the phone with a customer service person and they kept saying "good deal" every time I told them something was working (internet company).

on a side note I have a friend and co-worker who keeps saying "Oh sugoi!" sugoi means "wow" in Japanese. He's Chinese. He uses it for EVERYTHING. We're closing "oh sugoi!" go on break "sugoi!" look..candy..."oh sugoi!" Stop it! Granted almost all of our co-workers are Japanese so *impress* right? but even they don't use it that much!

yeah I know, my grammar in this post is not wonderful. usually it would bug me but I'm so tired x.x :yawn:
  • Estela565
    Options
    its a word my boss uses lot ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh annoys me so much!!! "Fantabuloussssssssss
    "it is what it is"
    "you have the magic touch" - seriously!!!!
    :x
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Seriously? (No, it's a big joke) GAWWWWWW!

Also the phrase: Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying. WTF does that mean?

I also hate: He drank the Kool Aid!!! So stupid!!!

Oh no!!! Have you never seen Shawshank Redemption?
  • hayskylar
    Options
    " What's good? "

-_-
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    "can't, never could" yep, your right -I never could do XYZ.

hmmm, I thought smh was 'speaking my heart'
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    "You know what I mean".... NO I DON'T, TELL ME!!!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When people say something is "delish". Really? Because you're too cool to say the whole word??

"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" well,that's bulls**t. I have tasted some freaking fabulous swoon-worthy food.

When people don't know the difference between lose and loose and spell "a lot" as "alot"
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Just got back from an epic journey. It was so amazing because that is how I roll at the end of the day. #justsaying :bigsmile:

The one that annoys me is the one my daughter gets stuck on for weeks. Right now it's first world problems. It's funny the first week or two then it gets to me. Right now we in about week 2 and moving quickly towards STFU! :laugh:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    "got your back" or any version of it, as in "he's always got my back"

I'd prefer to hear someone say "I'll support you" or "he has always supported me"

As in "Yo Judge Mathis, its like, ya know, we always had each other's backs and stuff, know what I'm saying?" could just as easily be said "Well, your honor, we have always supported each other in any situation"
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "I'm going to give 120%". Really? How? By breaking the laws of mathematics?
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "Let the dog see the Rabbit" really makes my p**s fizz
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    " I know right" and "fml" really? Is your life that bad? Do you hear what you are saying???
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it qualifies as a catch phrase but I thought of another phrase that annoyes me to no end, "Believe you me."

What does that mean? Last time someone said it to me, I asked them what it means and they said they had no idea, just that the figured it meant they were being really honest so I should trust them..... well, thanks I gathered that it had something to do with you wanting me to trust you but I don't understand why you don't just say, "Believe me" or "Trust me" why is it "you me"?
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    "ATM Machine" Automatic teller machine...machine...NO! It's just an ATM.

This!!!! Drives me nuts! Along with "PIN number" Personal Identification Number Number?? ;)
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    "No Problem" instead of just saying " You're welcome"
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    "going forward" or "moving forward" , and the one to beat all .. ."best shoring"..... I LOST A JOB after 10 years of seniority to "best shoring"... just say it like it is .. OUTSOURCING
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    "ATM Machine" Automatic teller machine...machine...NO! It's just an ATM.

This!!!! Drives me nuts! Along with "PIN number" Personal Identification Number Number?? ;)

LMAO i say BOTH of these..
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    "Nuff said"
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    straight up