Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Well, I parked at the very back of the parking lot last night. Too bad it was raining that really cold, drizzly rain when I got off this morning. I was soaked and chilly by the time I got to my van :ohwell:
  • DefiningRaquel
    Options
    Hey guys, just back from the hospital and am ready to be back on track though ive to start low intensity i guess. Hope everyone is having a great week :)
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Tuesday check in. Forgot to park far this morning again. Oh well, will be lacking in excerise owls this week. In my defense it was cold and rainy.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! I put exclamation points at the end because somethings gotta get me excited- went for a run this morning- although it was a short one (3.5 miles).

Today's Stats:
    Food (whole grains)- 0
    Exercise (park far away)- +1
    Spirit- +1

Weekly Stats
    OWLS- 6 HOUSE POINTS 261
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Had a nice day yesterday. My team bought me a gift for Boss's Day, and I was pleasantly surprised that they got me one of those edible arrangements with all the yummy fruit. I guess they had considered cupcakes and treats, but then remembered I was trying to eat healthier lately.

Made my day. :)
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Aww, I just saw the exercise challenge I do not drive so that will be a zero for me this week. But other than that just checking in. Had a pretty great weekend it was the monsters half birthday so we celebrated and went and saw cars 2 at the cheap theatre, (that movie was so not meant for children) also went way over on my calories with eating out. hoping to not bounce back after my great weigh in.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy day Ravenclaw! Hope you're all enjoying your day.

Here are the week 2 October results - I'll post the chart later tonight...

Our top OWL earner is psb13 with 23 OWLs!
    Our top loser is Scarlettdawn764 who lost 2.57%!

Way to go to this week's Prefects!!

Here is the link for the Prefects badge for your signature (just change the IMG's to lower case):
    293170_581934208813_179201885_32311737_1832636409_n.jpg

psb13, please email an idea for the food challenge to me by Wednesday and Scarlettdawn764, send me an exercise challenge.

Last week's Prefects, please remember to remove the badge from your signature.

Good job everyone!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Ok, who came up with the idea for balls of chocolate cake with chocolate icing, dipped in white chocolate, and then rolled in chocolate sprinkles? That's not fair.

The food holidays are coming up, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, volunteer activities. They all involve food, and more often than not, my trigger foods. Refined carbs of any kind are my downfall. Bread, cake, pasta, biscuits, cookies, crackers, candies, you name it., I start craving more. Even if I manage to resist eating it initially, I start thinking about how it would taste and then obsess about it.

I went to a volunteer training event last night, and there were all sorts of goodies, including those !@#$ cake balls. I confess, I ate four and they tasted good! But I can't do that every time I go do volunteer work.

How are you going deal with the excess food for the next three months?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Today:
    Food: 1 (not yet but i have something planned for tonight)
    Spirit: 1 (hi there)
    Parking: 1

So far:
    7 owls!

_gwen - I hope I will be ok but I really don't know yet. I'm pretty good about denying myself stuff like that USUALLY but today I was in line to order my sandwich and just staring t the bakery case. I wanted something from hte bakery case SO BAD today. IT was really hard not to get something.

Im worried that I'm hitting that point where I've been denying myself for so long that all that want is going to pile up and I'll just HAVE to eat something bad. I'm gonna have a chocolate foil ball in a second and hopefully that will settle me out for today.

Also I'm STILL tired and want to curl up and NAP.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Checking in... I parked far today and carried my laptop, lunch, purse, and all that other crap in heels. Normally that is incentive to park close. haha.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Checking in... I parked far today and carried my laptop, lunch, purse, and all that other crap in heels. Normally that is incentive to park close. haha.

Good for you! That is definitely incentive to park close - but I've been doing the same thing, so YAY us!

Gwen - I know what you mean about the food. Our vendors at work send all kinds of heavenly sinful stuff throughout the holidays. I usually end up gaining 10 - 15 pounds during the winter. I'm hoping that won't happen this year. Just remember, we're all here and in the same boat with you so hang on to us if you have to!!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Aww, I just saw the exercise challenge I do not drive so that will be a zero for me this week. But other than that just checking in. Had a pretty great weekend it was the monsters half birthday so we celebrated and went and saw cars 2 at the cheap theatre, (that movie was so not meant for children) also went way over on my calories with eating out. hoping to not bounce back after my great weigh in.

No need to worry! There was an option built in for the non-drivers:
    Every time you need to park your vehicle, park as far away from your destination as is feasibly possible. If you pull up to the grocery store, park at the back of the lot. If you park in a garage, go to the top floor and take the stairs down! If you park on the street, park a few blocks away. ***If you aren't a driver, then take a longer route than you normally would when walking / riding a bike.***

Looks like you still should be able to get your exercise OWLs in if you want :)
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    wow, prefect!! never would have thought it!! must be the weekend bike rides! just got this now as i logged on for a quick checkin before work. i will give it some thought and get back to you sue. skipped my extra early morning workout in hopes of getting out in time to make it to the gym with my daughter tonight. have a great day everyone!!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I'm kicking butt on house points this week- added 30min of strength training in after my run in the mornings- yeah that means I get up at 4:45am but hey its the price we pay right?

Today's Stats:
    Food (whole grains)- 0
    Exercise (park far away)- +1
    Spirit- +1

Weekly Stats
    OWLS- 8 HOUSE POINTS 360
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    Ugh. Overtime at work is threatening to do me in. I am so far staying in my calorie range, but have found myself indulging in things I normally avoid (diet soda....sugarfree gum). We worked short handed last night which meant running my butt off all night and I felt like I needed the extra caffeine (hence the soda plus a very large sugar free iced coffee). Hopefully I can curb those urges from now on, even when the going gets tough.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Work has me about to jump off a bridge as well. haha. I made myself a pizza last night (homemade) and felt horribly guilty after eating it, so I did a mile on the treadmill and a Jillian Michaels workout to feel better.
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Its Pumpking season!!! that means pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins and mashed pumpkin. So excited to get cooking. Also I am weaning the boys off mashed potatoes, been replacing it with mash squash the other day we did acorn squash and tonight I am hoping to get around to the butternut squash in my fridge. Also since the green challenge I have been sneaking spinach in to their diet. Feels nice to somewhat switch up the diet.
    Don't know what kind of exercise I will get in today, the man took today off work so it looks like I will just be playing mommy/wifey all day. Hopefully they don't mess up my calories too much today with their snacking and fast food.
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Ooooh, I love pumpkin stuff, too. Anyone on here have any good and healthy pumpkin treat recipes? I'd really like to start cooking things for myself, and I like baking -- I just don't have any recipes.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I do internet searches for recipes using whatever ingredient I want to use - something like "pumpkin recipes". I've found loads of new recipes that way. I didn't used to be much of a cook, but now I cook almost everything from scratch using fresh veggies and fruits instead of canned or frozen. Everything tastes so much better from fresh! :bigsmile:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Options
    Well, took my C25K training to the treadmill today....too wet and cold out to run in it. Have a sneaking suspicion that I maybe have plantar fasciitis. I've been getting immense pain in the back of my arch going into my heal. It's usually worse when I wake up, feels very tight and I have to limp a bit until it gets loosened up (going for a run usually does the trick). Would love to know if anyone else has ever dealt with it and how to get rid of it.