C25K Training Group: October 16 to December 4, 2011

Options

Replies

• tarynad
    tarynad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jumping in on this... my first challenge!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    -Just saw this and would love to jump in starting tomorrow! :)
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K back in June and then stopped running completely, (too darn hot here in Phoenix). I run outside only because I find the treamill boring.

Anyway, I restarted C25K from the beginning hoping to increase my speed and stamina. I am doing W2D3 tomorrow. One thing that I suggest to all is to register for a 5K race ASAP after you finish the program to keep you motivated. That is my biggest regret from the first time around.

So I am announcing to all the interwebs....I am running in my first 5K race on December 17th! (my 41st Bday!)

Good luck to all!
  • srandle175
    Options
    Today I completed w1 D1. It was a piece of cake. Bring on day 2
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    love to join also :) hoping to start tomorrow! i'l be using the treadmill as i already have a gym membership that's been neglected for a month.xx
  • gail16
    gail16 Posts: 94
    Options
    Can I join? I did completed day 1 x
  • Jones4177
    Jones4177 Posts: 136
    Options
    Doing Day 2 Week 1 today!!
  • dianerml
    dianerml Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just completed W1 D1 on the treadmill. I walked at 3.5 and ran at 5.2. It felt good and went by pretty quickly. I had the app going on my phone and it interrupted my music and told me exactly when to walk or run and when I was halfway through.

I hope everyone else is feeling good. Feel free to add me for support.
  • alhoward8
    Options
    Welcome to those who joined last night!

I'm tempted to do W1D2 this evening but I've heard it isn't good to run every day. While I'm at the gym tonight I am going to bump up my walking speed to help boost my stamina.

I hope everyone hangs in there!
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    W1D1 down!! Am pretty giddy about it actually. Felt like telling everyone at the gym I just did first day of C25K. :) Walked at 3.5 and ran at 5 (thanks for all the advice everyone!). Going to try to up it on Thursday (day 2) and see how that goes. Thanks alhoward8 for starting this!!
  • lrobson555
    lrobson555 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ooooo! I think I'm going to do this too!

Off to the gym in about an hour and have downloaded an app for my phone. Excited!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Downloaded app to my phone and did Week 1 Day 1 last night. It seemed to go so fast I ended up walking for an hour after it was completed.

I'm curious to know what workouts everyone is doing in addition to this on the off days.
  • alhoward8
    Options

I'm curious to know what workouts everyone is doing in addition to this on the off days.

On my off days that I still work out I will still be on the treadmill (just not running) or other cardio machine and doing some weight training.

I'm so happy we have a large amount of people doing this. I hope we can all see it through to the end!!!
  • r00kiej
    Options
    Complete newbie here - can someone explain C25k to me?
  • nikkiloseit
    nikkiloseit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    C25K (Couch to 5k) is a training mechanism that helps people go from hardly working out to successfully jogging a 5k (3.5 ish miles) through helpful apps or instructions. You can get more information at :

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Alright so I finished Week 2, Day 1 yesterday and surprisingly I wasn't huffing and puffing as bad as I was the first days of week 1. Afterward I felt good, seemed like time went by a lot faster. For some reason I didn't burn as many calories as I did during week one, but I did get in a good work out, 304 calories. I'm excited to do Day 2! I can do it & SO CAN YOU! Oh-- and my friend and I are doing it outside, which I find a little more difficult.
  • katemcconnal
    Options
    just completed w1d1. i expected it to be pretty hard and it was, started off well but by the end i was struggling. didnt help that my gym felt like a sauna today. hopefully d2 goes better.
  • r00kiej
    Options
    Excellent, thanks. I am in and already have the 5k picked out...Santa Run in Vegas!
  • Silentspring
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just completed w1d2... feel good. Got home and tracked my distances/times (android app has gps) and i ran almost exactly the same as w1d1 in terms of overall speed and distance. But... my body felt like it was working harder. Looking forward to w1d3 already.
    Good luck everyone and keep at it, it will be worth it.
    Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • kayleetruesdale
    Options
    This is exciting! I am behind, starting week 1 tomorrow but I will keep up with you guys! It helps knowing there are others hitting the pavement/astro turf like me :)