!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! Planning on completing my daily shred tomorrow morning before eating so I'll let you know how I get on. :-)
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 1,level 2 done!this is my 2nd attempt of starting the dvd to complete the full 30days so i thought i wud start at level 2.MY ARMS HURT!!but i really enjoyed the workout!im planning to complete day 2 tomorrow before work so an early start for me!

because i want to start working out in the morning,wen would u guys recommend eating breakfast?wud it be before or after the workout?time restraints will prob mean i'll be working out on an empty stomach and eating breakfast afterwards,will this be ok?

I personally LOVE running first thing on an empty stomach, I was amazed when I did it the first time but now it feels like the way to do it, then I eat afterwards.
    Means I don't have a belly full of food/drink whilst exercising and stops me getting a stitch!!

See how you go on an empty stomach I think you might be happy to do it this way, it will save you time too as you can eat once afterwards :happy:

Thanks for the advice! Planning on completing my daily shred tomorrow morning before eating so I'll let you know how I get on. :-)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! :happy:

We are doing AMAZING!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I :heart: our group already. What a great bunch, I love the way everyone is reading and commenting on each other, this is superb!!! :tongue:

I am so pleased to see so many of you pushing through when you didn't feel very up for it.
    It does feel so great knowing that you have done it when it would have been easy to skip it. :wink:

Like last night for me, gone midnight before I started my shred and if it wasn't for this thread and having to report back that I didn't do it I probably would have missed it. :noway:
    I was so tired and it was a really long and busy day for me, I just wanted to go to bed but I pushed through and did it, I felt very tired this morning and really could have used that additional hour in bed but I can get an early night tonight and then should feel better tomorrow. :yawn:

My son had a great 7th birthday yesterday, all the hard work was totally worth it, he had a lovely day and so many great presents from friends and family.
    Cost me a small fortune!! :ohwell:

We took 3 of his friends to the cinema, to see Lion King 3D!!! Was so cute watching them with their 3D glasses on munching on their popcorn!!! :smooched:
    Then we went to Pizza Hut for dinner, with cake and balloons!!! He loved it!!! :love:

Dropped all the kids home just in time to come home where my dad was waiting with a new bike for him!!
    Then friends and family came round with more presents and cards and more pizza and cake!!! :explode:

He had such a great day!!!! :smokin:

I now have the fun job of logging my food for yesterday and seeing just how far over I went!!! :embarassed:
    Today I must be better with food, but I am so tired I have already had 2 chocolate biscuits before realising these will not aid me!! And with left over pizza everywhere I can't see any other solution for dinner so I might have to just go with it :grumble:
    However I will be resisting CAKE!!! :angry:

I think we will go out for a bike ride/ run to test out his new bike, I will run, he can ride the bike, it is amazing but I still out run him!!!! :huh:
    Hopefully this will balance out the pizza and biscuits from today.

Well I am very proud of you all, we have done a great job so far bit it is only day 3 for most of us, I hope to see you all here today and tomorrow checking in and reporting how fantastically well you have done!!!

I'm glad this group has been such a great help to everyone, I am happy to have set it up, I just hope we will all stick with it and do ourselves proud.

LETS SHRED!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hey all - I completed day 2 level 1 yesterday and am actually looking forward to day 3 tonight. I know, I'm crazy.

I'm really struggling and having to take breaks but hell, I still have a sense of achievement.

At the moment I am only using canned food tins which are about 1lb, I think I should be using 3lbs at my fitness level so am going to buy some bottles of water on the way home and use those instead. I'm loathe to spend money on weights at the moment!

These will work fine as weights for now, I think this is also a good idea for some of us who have weights but in some places those weights are too heavy. Two bottles of water don't cost much and you can refill them and reuse them, duel purpose!!! :bigsmile:
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hey guys!!! if anyone like me is still waiting for there dvd i found the routine online :

http://dailyburn.com/workouts/80028-30-Day-Shred-Level-1

As i have done the dvd before I know how to do the moves properly , i hope this helps !
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 complete!!!

I will have to say I didn't get very low with the squats and lunges, becuase my legs hurt way to much and I was affraid I'd lose my balance and fall. But I took my time and got as low as I could. I also couldn't do jumping jacks, or butt kicks for the same reason. I instead marched in placed and did the boxing thing as fast as I could. I hope that, that was a good replacement. My legs just hurt too much to jump. But, at least I didn't use that as an excuse to not do it right?

Love this group!!!:heart: You guys get me motivated and I love it!! Thanks ya'll with all the support I am sure to get to my goal weight!!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE WAITING ON THEIR DVD, TRY THIS LINK!!!!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjcyMjk5MzI0.html

JM 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1, WILL GET YOU GOING UNTIL DVD ARRIVES!!!! HOPE IT HELPS YOU OUT :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • melgibson
    Options
    WHOOOOOOP!!! :bigsmile:

HAVE DONE MY LEVEL 1 SHRED, DAY 3 FOR ME!!!

I MANAGED ALL THE ARM RAISES WITH THE SIDE LUNGES WITH BIG WEIGHTS, PURE DETERMINATION!!!

WAS A LITTLE UNSURE ABOUT MY WEIGHTS SO I JUST WEIGHED THEM... THEY ARE 7LBS EACH, 14LBS THE PAIR!!!

SO THAT IS 3.2KG EACH - NOT 5KG EACH, I CHECKED ON THE WEBSITE AND IT SAYS 5KG?!?!?

BUT I'M GLAD I HAVE WEIGHED THEM AS I WAS GETTING CONFUSED WHERE I WAS, OTHER PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEIR WEIGHTS ARE SO I SHOULD TOO!!!

SO MINE ARE 7LBS EACH, SO I'M LIFTING A DAMN STONE!!!

VERY PLEASED TO GET MY DVD DONE NICE AND EARLY TODAY WILL BE AIMING FOR AB AND ARM WORKOUT LATER TOO, AND RUN IN A WHILE THEN CHILL OUT A BIT IN THE EVENING!! PHEW!!! :drinker:

COME ON PEOPLE LET'S SHRED!!!!! :laugh:
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    I just checked my weight this morning and I have gained a pound ? WHAT ! @_@ !!!!!! Super disappointed :( I have been eating healthy but the only workouts am doing is the 30 DS daily ..before that I use to go on walks three times a week for 30 minutes or so with my 4 month old in the stroller ..It's gotten cold out so I no longer go because am afraid my lil one will get sick ..I am also breastfeeding..so I should be burning more calories ...ERGHHH ! Can somebody please tell me what am doing wrong ? or any suggestions to push my scale to the right direction ?I am doing 30 DS with 2 lbs weights .. should I up it ? My arms are super weak and I feel like these are the only ones that my arms can handle it :(
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 last night, forgot to log on and post. It was easier the second night.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I just checked my weight this morning and I have gained a pound ? WHAT ! @_@ !!!!!! Super disappointed :( I have been eating healthy but the only workouts am doing is the 30 DS daily ..before that I use to go on walks three times a week for 30 minutes or so with my 4 month old in the stroller ..It's gotten cold out so I no longer go because am afraid my lil one will get sick ..I am also breastfeeding..so I should be burning more calories ...ERGHHH ! Can somebody please tell me what am doing wrong ? or any suggestions to push my scale to the right direction ?I am doing 30 DS with 2 lbs weights .. should I up it ? My arms are super weak and I feel like these are the only ones that my arms can handle it :(

Read this and you should feel better about the weight gain.
    http://www.nutritionatc.hawaii.edu/HO/2002/135.htm

I am using 2lb weights also, my friend is using 5 and there is no way I could, they are to heavy I can't get good control with them.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    We could set up a google docs spreadsheet, easy way to track and everyone would just do it on there own.
    Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/#home

Click on Create and then Spreadsheet to see what it would look like.
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Did my 2 day yesterday and even though I pounded out 1000 calories at the gym I HAD to do the 30 DS. I don't want to miss out posting on the thread and I'm determined to get through 30 days and say I'm a 30 DS graduate :0)
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options

*DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! I get that way too when I gain but it could be muscle and I recommend keeping up with walking. It helps with the lactic acid build up for working on your muscles in addition to extra calories lost. KEEP GOING! It's better to stay at those weights if you can do better form in them. Plus higher reps mean weight loss, heavier weights mean growing muscle. It depends on your goals. BUT watch your form. I do it front of mirror because I have a tendency to drop my arms or not complete the entire motion.
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 with you all :). Day 9, Level 1 in total. Good job everyone. You're doing great! This group is so motivating!!

For those working out with no shoes, just be careful about the surface you're on. You're more likely to get shin splits if you don't wear shoes and are working out on a hard surface. Get a mat or workout on carpet. (Also, if you're feet as slipping in your shoes, you probably don't have the right fit. Having the correct shoes is very important. Check out some articles online, or feel free to ask me - I've had years of experience in finding the right shoes!)

Leobaby, you're awesome! That chart will definitely keep me accountable! Keep at it! Who cares if you have to stop and take the 5 sec breaks or don't get as deep into the lunges, you're getting up and doing it! That's what's important! :) Happy Shredding!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done! 245 calories burned per HRM
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wish I could start seeing some results. The only results I have seen so far (and today will be day7, will update when I complete the work out) is my endurance... I haven't seen any results in inches... and haven't been to the gym to weigh myself.

Any suggestions?

What weights are you using? Sounds like you might need to up them? :flowerforyou:

I've only done D2L1 and already I feel it in my shoulders chest and arms. Legs etc will take l;onger and I may not see results from this but the upper body stuff is happening already :bigsmile:

I am using 5lb weights and have a hard time doing all the exercises (except the ... wow... Brain fart... standing rows, that's it)... So I don't think upping the weights will do me any good. I still have a hard time finishing most of the work outs. But it is getting easier. I didn't think I was SO out of shape! haha on me! lol.

I just wish I could see/feel something happening! lol
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!
    Wasn't in a shredding mood at first! But I got my motivation back!!
    Level 1 Day 3 done! Plus 20 min. moderate effort stationary bike! If I don't burn at least 300 cals, I feel like I haven't worked hard enough for the day!!! Feeling great!! Now on to my other exercise challenge!!

Hang in there shredders!! Everyday we are getting stronger!!
  • melgibson
    Options

Don't change anything weight fluctuations are quite normal for us ladies!!
    I bet you will be due TOM soon or it's water retention from doing the shred, when we grow muscle we take in water to repair the muscle tissue, this could explain a little raise in weight, stick with it and I'll bet it levels out.

BTW I gain anything up to 6lbs at TOM (time of month) :sad:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options

You may need to continue your walking on a treadmill or ride a stationary bike. For me, just doing the shred does not burn enough calories. I also ride the stationary bike and do other aerobic exercises from another challenge. Dont Stop shredding!!