Options
    bumping this great information :smile:
  • misssugarplum
    Options
    Bump! Interesting!
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Best post yet on MFP!! Should be required reading ... absolutely. I have read where people have said to eat back HALF of the exercise calories, as opposed to all of them. Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why? This post is so clear ... THANKS!!!!
  • pmcder10
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • cyndieZ
    Options
    I have been eating less than 1200 calories and working out 3 times a wek water arobics for 60. but i am not losing wt . i have plateaued at 24 lbs since august oh yeah i also had lap band aug 15th, what is the issues. this site has been much more helpful than the surgery. thanks for all your help.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have been eating less than 1200 calories and working out 3 times a wek water arobics for 60. but i am not losing wt . i have plateaued at 24 lbs since august oh yeah i also had lap band aug 15th, what is the issues. this site has been much more helpful than the surgery. thanks for all your help.

Surgery = specialized plans that should be developed by a qualified registered dietitian that has experience with people who've done weight loss surgery. I have no idea what your problems could entail, and I seriously doubt anyone else on here would either. A combination of your doctor to give you the blood and body numbers you need, and a registered dietitian to read, interpret, and develop a plan around those numbers is what you need.
  • anda2oo5
    Options
    bump!!!
  • boucekkine
    Options
    Hey everyone, first post so be gentle with me!!

I am finding it really hard to eat my initial 1600 calories, add to that an extra 700 that I burn in the gym (that's what the machine says I burn) and I really do struggle to eat 2300 and alot of the time my net calorie intake is around 400-700 which I know is way to little. I try to eat more but then I just feel like I am scoffing my face and I don't actually feel hungry! Can someone please help me! Or any suggestions of healthy foods that I can eat that have high calories!

P.S does 750 calories burnt doing 60 minutes on a bike machine seem too high?

Thanks in advance!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I am finding it really hard to eat my initial 1600 calories, add to that an extra 700 that I burn in the gym (that's what the machine says I burn) and I really do struggle to eat 2300 and alot of the time my net calorie intake is around 400-700 which I know is way to little. I try to eat more but then I just feel like I am scoffing my face and I don't actually feel hungry! Can someone please help me! Or any suggestions of healthy foods that I can eat that have high calories!

Thanks in advance!

google calorie dense foods. And no, 750 calories for 60 minutes doesn't sound like to much, it is perfectly reasonable.
  • Tani316
    Options
    Bumpity, bump, bump!!!

So glad I stumbled across this. :love:
  • boucekkine
    Options

Thanks in advance!

google calorie dense foods. And no, 750 calories for 60 minutes doesn't sound like to much, it is perfectly reasonable.

thanks for the reply, so if i ate 1200 calories then burnt 600 at gym i could just eat 1000 calories of nuts and that would be ok?
    or would eating that many all in one go be a bad idea?
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    bump
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

thanks for the reply, so if i ate 1200 calories then burnt 600 at gym i could just eat 1000 calories of nuts and that would be ok?
    or would eating that many all in one go be a bad idea?

well, no, I doubt it, I don't know your macro numbers, but 1000 calories of any 1 food is going to leave you nutrient deficient in other categories. That's why I said to google calorie dense foods, you can't just have 1 food you rely on.
  • cjtx2
    cjtx2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :heart: Bump :drinker:
  • akuzman
    akuzman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump and thanks for breaking it down!

3792600.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week. That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up. Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories. Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be? In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more. Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount of weight each week.
    Be efficient. Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.