For those confused or questioning "Eating your exercise calo

Options

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hey Moomoo - check out that sticky post that cmriverside referenced. It might help you - and yes, somehow, you need to be eating more calories than that. If you have to add some carbs or whatever, some people can't function well on extremely low carb - some can. :flowerforyou:
  • Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post - it's very helpful. I was considering eating less than my 1200 so that I could lose more weight quicker, but I'm glad I read this before trying that.

cheers! :drinker: <--water!

Maria
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I found this extremely informative. I will have to read it a few more times to absorb everything :glasses:

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lengthy post for everyone's benefit.

Thanks again,
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Bump.
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Bumpin'
  • theresefulford
    theresefulford Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Thanks,
    I have always wondered about eating the exercised calories, thinking i am doing better when I leave a few!
  • angelascott919
    Options
    thanks for the info, that is great to know
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    thanks for this... I skimmed it now and will be back later to read more carefully
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bumping once again! I really hope people are taking advantage of all the info Banks researched for us. He may not still be here in MFP...but all his awesome info is. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bumping once again! I really hope people are taking advantage of all the info Banks researched for us. He may not still be here in MFP...but all his awesome info is. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm still here. Just have a different username. :wink:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options

I'm still here. Just have a different username. :wink:

OH MY...you are SNEAKY!!!:tongue: I'm glad you are still around!!! :wink:
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow that helps...im in a stand still right now i am 289. lbs and lost 7 so far but i have started kickboxing and not only am i NOT eating my exercise cals but im cutting my daily cals by about 800, i figured the less i ate and the more i worked out the faster it would come off but for the last week i havnt changed an ounce!!! im so fustrated till i read this, so i really need to eat it all, my daily caloric needs and at least some of my exercise cals because ive thrown my body off.... now is that right?? did i understand? i eat 1300 cals mpf says 2100 w no exercise...with kickboxing gain 690 so i should be eating 2100 + 690=2790?!!?! isnt that way to many?!?! help me!!! so confused....
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    wow that helps...im in a stand still right now i am 289. lbs and lost 7 so far but i have started kickboxing and not only am i NOT eating my exercise cals but im cutting my daily cals by about 800, i figured the less i ate and the more i worked out the faster it would come off but for the last week i havnt changed an ounce!!! im so fustrated till i read this, so i really need to eat it all, my daily caloric needs and at least some of my exercise cals because ive thrown my body off.... now is that right?? did i understand? i eat 1300 cals mpf says 2100 w no exercise...with kickboxing gain 690 so i should be eating 2100 + 690=2790?!!?! isnt that way to many?!?! help me!!! so confused....

Well, if you're classified as morbidly obese, you can go a little higher in calorie deficit, but no way you should be as low as you are. 1300 when MFP recommends 2100 means (I assume you chose 2 lbs a week) you have an 1800 calorie a day deficit BEFORE you add your exercise calories. You're metabolism's probably in a panic, slowly, SLOWLY, raise your calories to what MFP suggests. I.E. over the course of 3 weeks or so raise your calories about 100 every other day. When you reach the total MFP sets, keep it there for a while (maybe 3 weeks to a month), if you don't see improvement, again start adding calories for your exercise.
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    BUMP:smile:
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    Bada Bump:blushing: :blushing:
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Bump to the left
    Bump to the right
    Bump, bump, Bump all night!!
  • allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    This was a truly fantastic post - although it will take me a few more read-throughs to grasp all of it!

Thanks! (and bump!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think we need a little Banks Bump in da house!:smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options