For those confused or questioning "Eating your exercise calo

Options

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Bump places this thread back at the top of the message boards. it is a way to make sure this thread is seen again and again. it's kinda like a compliment to the thread.

this is an OLD thread. Banksy did get a lil tired of all the same questions forever, but he missed us so much that he came back. :bigsmile: He now has a new name, SHboss.
    :blushing:
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    okay, i didn't have time to read through the hundreds of pages on this thread, but here's my question...what happens if i eat-back my exercise calories the next day or following day? the increased hunger usually doesn't catch-up with me until the next day... i ask this question because i am trying to be as efficient as possible and carry-out the BEST possible strategy to loose the "last 9 pounds." any input is appreciated
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    IMHO it's best to try to stay within the day you are on. It can get a little confusing if you start stretching it out. But, that being said, it's not horrible to extend it for up to about 36 hours or so. I wouldn't go longer then that though, or even approach that, because now you're tempting fate. Every person is a little different, and you may metabolize food faster than someone else.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm a big believer in the "roll-over" calories. As long as it's not more than 300 from the day before (like 24 hours)

bump.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    You could have just said "yes"
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

I could have but I didn't, because it's not as simple as "yes" or "no", and just saying "yes" perpetuates ignorance.
  • cmriverside
    Options

I could have but I didn't, because it's not as simple as "yes" or "no", and just saying "yes" perpetuates ignorance.

:laugh: :wink: what he said.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Options
    Wow sometimes this site lacks a sense of humor.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    you forget good sir, there's no sarcasm in a keyboard. :tongue:

now that little tongue guy, THAT is sarcasm. If you don't let us know, we just think you're being mean.
    :glasses:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    yeahthat.gif

:wink:
  • Hermit4Hire
    Options
    Sorry. didn't see the tongue guy. You obviously have a successful topic that spawned 14 pages. It was a simple joke.

You made great points. You understand the topic. Thanks for being thorough. Can we get past it? (I just didn't appreciate being called ignorant for a simple joke).
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    bumpity bump:flowerforyou:
  • rndalsn
    rndalsn Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for this information! I joined this sight 4 days ago and have been confused by the "eating your calories burned." I have not been eating those calories, maybe 30% of them, for fear of not losing weight. But today, while working out, I had no energy during my run and really struggled! I was wondering if I had eaten more calories yesterday if I would have felt better. After reading this, I'm definitely going to eat more calories and see if it helps. Thanks!!:happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for this information! I joined this sight 4 days ago and have been confused by the "eating your calories burned." I have not been eating those calories, maybe 30% of them, for fear of not losing weight. But today, while working out, I had no energy during my run and really struggled! I was wondering if I had eaten more calories yesterday if I would have felt better. After reading this, I'm definitely going to eat more calories and see if it helps. Thanks!!:happy:

You're welcome. It was my pleasure to write it.

Side note, any of you guys ever read something you have written so many times that you now HATE it? That's how I feel about this thread. LOL! There are so many things I'd like to explain better or change a little, or fix a misspelling here, or a gramatical error there... I wish it was paper, I would tear it up and completely re-write it:tongue:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    This confuses me a bit.. I understand I need fuel for my body. My exercises are so intense that the calorie goal spikes. It is set at 1200 and with my workout it can spike to 1800. Isnt that too many calories for a 5'1 woman?
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    This confuses me a bit.. I understand I need fuel for my body. My exercises are so intense that the calorie goal spikes. It is set at 1200 and with my workout it can spike to 1800. Isnt that too many calories for a 5'1 woman?

I'll make it easy.

Ask yourself this question:

"If I don't exercise at all today how many calories should I eat?" If your answer is 1200 calories then

then assume you DID work out, ask yourself this: "How many calories did I workout today?"

So if I DIDN'T work out and I needed 1200, we all agree that working out burns a certain number of calories over and above the regular ones right? So to stay where you normally would be (if you didn't work out) you need to eat your workout calories. Understand?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Great post! Bump :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to find this easier later :happy:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I want to be able to find this easier later :happy:

Go to the sticky thread in the "General"category called

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

The above link is ALWAYS at the very top of the "General" category in the Community Tab.

This topic and many more are posted there. Scroll through the entire thread, because I add new GOOD links throughout the thread.

Hi, Steve. Bumpage.
  • moomoo
    moomoo Posts: 8
    Options
    Ok so going on an extremely low carb diet is not realy good in the end if i already have high cholesteral. On it I cant seem to take in more than 700 calories and im burning about 200 a day. With what you said no wonder I am always tired and cant seem to loose any weight. Would you suggest stopping the low carb(20g) a day or just increasing my calories.I currently weigh 136,am 5 ft. Ive lost 1.5lb aday over the last 2 days. Yes I just started on the 20th. 193220.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary