We're Losing It-Biggest Loser Challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• hwilliams519
    Options
    Sorry it's taken me so long to get results out this morning. Had problems with my spreadsheet, and then I made the mistake of looking at my phone...my husband had sent me a text saying he saw a mouse in our kitchen this morning. Let's just say I'm having a melt-down...lol! I think it's possible I might die if that thing comes out while I'm here today! My husband will tell you I'm a neat freak, so I'm totally disturbed by this!

Anyway, on to the important suff-results!

Alison: 1.5lbs for .79%
    Holly: 1.4lbs for .81%
    Melanie: 1.8lbs for .97%
    Rebecca: 3.6lbs for 1.91%
    Betsy: 1lb for .44%
    Kim: 3lbs for 1.48%
    Gayle: 1.8lbs for .74%
    Kimmie: .2lb for .08%
    Bobbi: .4lb for .21%
    Heather: 1lb for .61%
    Claudia: 4.3lbs for 1.37%

So, Rebecca wins the title of Biggest Loser this week!! Congrats!! Not to go unmentioned are Kim with 1.48% and Claudia with 1.37% and 4.3lbs!! You guys are kicking butt!!

I'll give you guys the total % lost by each person so far next week. I'll do that every four weeks. Also, don't forget, there's incentive for next week...I have something for the next week's winner....just for the week, not for total of all four weeks, so make this one a good one!

Whoo hooo....I'm on the list this week! (finally) And I'm so excited to know that next week's prize is up for grabs by anyone! I thought it would be for the biggest loser thus far, not just for the week. Lol, that means I actually have a chance. :)
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Hey...just wanted to take a minute to say thanks for all the well wishes. I"m actually feeling a bit better the last couple of days, so I'm going to see what happens. I'm overdue for my yearly, so I need to go anyway, but I've been trying to wait until I lose more weight...lol!

Also, I just had a huge success on the treadmill(or as I will call it now, thanks to Melanie, the dreadmill :laugh: )...ran for 22 minutes straight!! Woohoo!! So excited that I'm finally making progress there. I was about to cash it in!

You guys motivate me so much!! Thanks for being such great MFP friends!

Good to hear you are feeling better. 22 minutes on the dreadmill is fantastic! That inspires me to start the C25K program again. I was a week 5 drop out the first go around because I was afraid to run 20 minutes straight. But this shows it is possible, you just have to put your mind to it. And thanks for being a great MFP friend too!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Kim, I'm giving you a run for your money. I know how hard you train, so I better watch out :)

LOL, bring it on baby! :D Love it! congrats for the win this week!!!!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Good morning BL friends! I'm in a really good mood today and just wanted to spread some cheer. Hope your Friday is off to a great start and you've got something fun planned for this weekend. I'm taking my 3 yr old neice bday shopping tomorrow and then going to her bday party on Sunday. In my spare time I plan to make some jewelry and some diaper cakes. I'm preparing for my first craft show which is in 3 weeks. Anyway, let's make this best of this weekend...make healthy choices and get our workouts in! Don't forget Brandi has a prize for the biggest loser of the week!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! Well, I broke down and made a doctor appt for Monday because my body is just all whacked out. I've now had a mini TOM at least three times in the last month...ugh! I hadn't had one in forever(whch is common when you use an IUD for birth control), but I can't take this random one or two day crap! I'm wondering if it's also part of why I can't lose(although, part of that is definitely me). The pains kind of came back yesterday too, so no more dragging my feet. Quite honestly, I'm done having kids, so it's not worh the hassle anymore, so a hysterectomy doesn't sound all bad!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well this week! Keep pushing yourselves and you will reach all of your goals!!

Hugs,
    Brandi
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Good evening losers! Well my weekend was fun-filled spending time with my niece and nephew and getting to see them play football and soccer. They were so excited to have me visit, makes me feel loved!:)

Food choices not necessarily the best but according to my BodyMedia, I should at least be at maintenance for those couple days. Not anticipating much of a loss this Tuesday though:( Sodium has been off the charts! But I did get to go to Bojangles and I haven't had that in years!!!!! (there isn't one near me)

How did everyone do this weekend?
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I had a very busy weekend and had a work seminar yesterday. So I didn't eat very well, but I didn't pig out either. Did not workout officially, but I did take my 3 yr old niece shopping which including a lot of walking and holding her some. Anyway, I did not gain any during that time, which is especially good since I was on my period too. I am down 1 lb from last weigh in, so I'm excited about that.
  • loseit4ever
    Options
    Finally...I have the results!! Sat down to do this and both kids woke up crying in the middle of naps...weird! Being sick does strange things to them I guess!

First...this week's winner and winner of the prize is Holly!! She had a 4.6lb loss for 2.7%. Way to kick some butt, girl!!

Here are the rest of the results:

Alison lost 3.2lbs for 1.69%
    Melanie lost 2.2lbs for 1.20%
    Erica lost 2lbs for .99%
    Heather lost 1lb for .61%
    Michelle lost 2lbs for .98%
    Mikey lost 1.6lb for .85%
    Claudia lost 2lbs for .64%

Everybody else either didn't report, stayed the same or gained. I gained 1.6lb...boo!

Do me a favor everyone...if you could please send me your weight every week, I would appreciate it....even if you don't lose. That way, I'm not chasing you guys down wondering if you just forgot or didn't lose. It just helps things run smoother for me.

It seems like a number of us lost some steam this week, and I noticed no one has really set new goals. Let's all get re-dedicated and work hard to get losses this week. No more excuses from any of us!! That's what this challenge is for...to keep us on the right path! I want to see some goals posted on this thread!! Have a great rest of the week everyone!!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you Brandi! I did gain a pound too - BOO!! Here is to a new week!

GOALS
    #1 - drink 64 ounces of water every day
    #2 - exercise atleast 5 out of the 7 days (for min of one hour each day)
    #3 - log my food EVERYDAY
    $3 If I do ALL of the above, then my scale should read below 190 on Tuesday morning!

WE CAN DO THIS FOLKS!!!
  • loseit4ever
    Options
    Oh, I forgot....Holly won the prize, which is a Cooking Light cookbook that I picked up that has lots of healthy recipes in it to keep meals interesting! Message me your address, Holly, and I'll send it out to you! Or, I'll deliver it by hand...lol!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Here are my goals for the week

1. Water, Water, Water..
    2. Walk at least 3 miles every day
    3. Stop obsessing over people noticing my weight loss
    4. Feel good about my weight loss so far.

Accomplishing these 4 goals for the week will make me feel a whole lot better and I know results will shine on me!
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Really?!? Wow, that makes me feel really good. I did have an unusually good loss this week, actually I think that's only ever happened one other time. A cook book! Awesome, love cook books (and cooking!), I read 'em like novels, lol. So excited.
    Congrats to the other "losers" as well, great job peeps.

Ok, so goals for the week.

1. Try to get another kettle bell work out in, did one yesterday and legs are talking to me today, whoo! Good stuff :) Continue on with c25k too, of course. Week 7 begins on Friday! Time flies...

2. Would again like to lose 1-2 lbs.

3. Need to drink more water!!!

Overall last week was good. I exceeded my weight loss goal and I even threw in an extra day of running, which felt good. I also had some really good c25k days in general. Didn't feel as fatigued, had some more stamina. So that was a great feeling, hope it
    continues. On a blah note... I once again completely dropped the ball with my water consumption. Didn't reach my daily goal even once. I have no idea why I ignore the water so much.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the week! We CAN do this :)
    Thanks to Brandi for organizing this group being a great leader! Hope you feel better very soon.

Holly
  • loseit4ever
    Options

1. Water, Water, Water..

Accomplishing these 4 goals for the week will make me feel a whole lot better and I know results will shine on me!

You are doing an amazing job!! You are having steady losses each week, which is more than I can say for myself at this point! Keep it up, and by the way, you need to get a picture on here so we can put a face to the name! Have a great and successful week!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Great job everyone! Special congrats to Holly for being our Biggest Loser of the week!

I've actually I added 2 more goals to my list, but I also created a goal / reward point system. For every goal I complete each day, I earn 1 point. On holidays and special occassions, I'll earn 2 points for every completed goal. And for every pound I lose, I earn 5 points. Every 50 points is worth $10. My weekly goal is to complete at least 80% of my daily goals. (I'm trying to get away from that all or nothing mentality.) With that being said, if I just focus on my daily goals, I should earn that $10 in about 7-10 days.

Here are my goals:
    1. drink 6-8 cups of water
    2. drink no more than 12 ox of diet coke
    3. net approx. 1300 calories
    4. 30 minutes of exercise
    5. 15 minutes of physical therapy
    6. 20 minutes bible study
  • SunSand76
    Options
    Hi heather!
    I totally agree with trying to get away from the "all or nothing" mindset.
    Great goals!! Keep it up :D
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Way to go HOLLY! :D
  • SunSand76
    Options
    Way to go HOLLY! :D

Thank you!!!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congrats Holly!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Nice job Holly and all the other "loosers" :)
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options

1. Water, Water, Water..

You are doing an amazing job!! You are having steady losses each week, which is more than I can say for myself at this point! Keep it up, and by the way, you need to get a picture on here so we can put a face to the name! Have a great and successful week!

Thanks loseit4ever!! I hate pics..but I have been meaning to put one up...guess that will be one of my goals for the week lol