<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    oh yay!! frozen bananas make the best protein shakes! unfortunately bananas and nuts make me itch :(
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Loving the banana love!!

I read that post and I just about spit coffee all over my computer screen....I mean really, "Stay away from bananas"?!!? Unless they make you itch - sorry to hear that love4fitness!!!

MMMMmmm and frozen bananas blended yummo!!

Edited:
    I use my Magic Bullet for most little jobs - its perfect for mixing my protein shakes! And I saved up all our loyalty points at our supermarket and bought an really grunty Kenwood food processor that has a blender attachment too...I love kitchen gadgets!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    bananas make the best protein shakes. Yum.

I just got a new fancy smancy blender....

Ok I must try the frozen banana thing. But, my blender might break if I try. It's a piece of crap. What kind of blender did you get?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Ok I must try the frozen banana thing. But, my blender might break if I try. It's a piece of crap. What kind of blender did you get?

Ninja. A "kitchen system" or something. It has little cups (3 of them) so I can make one serving at a time! It was $100 but I had a $70 credit for returning my old broken one. And yeah, when I tried a frozen banana with the old one it seriously started to smoke and smell bad! Then I read you should cut up the banana before you freeze it. I also use ice and fresh bananas.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

Ninja. A "kitchen system" or something. It has little cups (3 of them) so I can make one serving at a time! It was $100 but I had a $70 credit for returning my old broken one. And yeah, when I tried a frozen banana with the old one it seriously started to smoke and smell bad! Then I read you should cut up the banana before you freeze it. I also use ice and fresh bananas.

haha the same thing happened to my old food processor when I was trying to make Coconut Butter (you can't buy it here in NZ), man that smell was nasty!!

Oh and Rachel, I love how your thread about fighting over carbs is not only turning into a fight about carbs, but someone trashed bananas too!

It.made.my.day!!

xx
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok the banana trashing IS funny! I am not a big banana fan but think I might try the frozen banana thing in my protein shakes....Speaking of shakes, my blender sucks! I need a new one that actually will mash up the frozen sugary beasts, lol!
    also, how do you get the almond butter to blend in? Doesn't it just freeze up? I may get my blender to smoke yet :)

Oh and Rachel I loved the picture you posted on that thread. I think I'm gonna steal it, if that's ok with you?

Off to run...hopefully it won't make me feel worse and I can sweat out this sickness!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, it's official...I think I'm sick! Grrrr! I couldn't get out the door early to run before the heat because I woke up with a sore throat and sinus problems. I had a jump lesson on my horse and felt ok so I'm gonna to to the gym and run on the treadmill and see what happens...I better not be sick on Sat! I have 6 miles to run on my training schedule, Ugh! I'm a bad sick person.....Bought the 30 DS DVD and thought I would start that tomorrow.

Tameko-I'm 5'6" also, so we are probably pretty similar. I don't go by what they say I should be on the charts...if I weighed that little then I would have no muscles so I'll stick to a goal of 150 with a possible 145 if I'm really feeling motivated :)

Love4fit-Sorry about the toe...those really suck!!

I can not find any protein powder that doesn't have Soy or Lecithin in it....so frustrated. I'm trying to avoid all soy due to my hypothyroid.

I use NutriBiotic Vegan Rice protein (chocolate) which is gluten free, no preservatives/GMO's/soy/lecithin/PCB's etc. Its made from whole grain sprouted rice. It has 12 gm protien per serving, 0 fat, 2g carbs, and 60 calories. I usually use to servings at a time with 16 oz almond milk or water. I like to add some stevia to sweeten it up. I get that at the Vitamin Shoppe. Do you have that where you live???
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I wear a BMF, I used to eat 1200 calories only and no exercise calories. After getting my BMF I realized I was eating at way to large of a deficit for 2 weeks I've been eating all my exercise calories which can range from 500-750 per day. I've maintained my weight for the past 4 weeks. Wondering if I should try higher since most days I burn 3000 or more calories. So I was wondering what you guys eat to get your calories up that high. Things not to filling because I sometimes have trouble eating that much.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    This is a good one too:

duty_calls.png
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I wear a BMF, I used to eat 1200 calories only and no exercise calories. After getting my BMF I realized I was eating at way to large of a deficit for 2 weeks I've been eating all my exercise calories which can range from 500-750 per day. I've maintained my weight for the past 4 weeks. Wondering if I should try higher since most days I burn 3000 or more calories. So I was wondering what you guys eat to get your calories up that high. Things not to filling because I sometimes have trouble eating that much.

My diary is open. But yeah, if you burn 3000, eat at least 2000!
  • mushalek
    Options
    i have an ingrown toenail. it sucks :(

ME TOOO! :( killlling me!

breakfast question:

Probably what i have everyday, even on weekends lol
    1 package oatfit oatmeal
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    scoop of protein powder
    1 cup of wheat puffs
    1/2 cup kashi fiber twigs
    1/4 grapefruit
    for 375 kcals and 30 g of protein its my fav and delicious! :)
  • mushalek
    Options
    This is a good one too:

duty_calls.png

hahaha <3 it!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

My diary's public if you want ideas on what else to eat to get calories up. I eat 2800 net, so usually up to 3400 with exercise.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I don't even know HOW people work out only eating 1200 a day. Its nuts.

Speaking of which - nuts are high in calorie, healthy, and tasty. If I could eat 3000 calories every day (holy COW) I would eat:

1) Lots of fruit and nuts and chocolate dipped fruit and nuts
    2) whole fat yogurt (oh god YUMMY - get it at Trader joes - my favorite is the cream on top one or the honey greek yogurt.)
    3) whole fat cheese (technically I eat this now too but I limit my portions quite a but) on water crackers
    4) salami (I know cured meats are the devil but mmmmm cured meats)
    5) olive oil - WAY more olive oil, I'd soak bread in olive oil, I'd use more when I cook, etc
    6) sabra hummus on seeded flat bread - I had to swap the flatbread out for wasa crisps or veggies which is ALSO good but not the same. Also had to limit my portions way more as sabra hummus is pretty high cal compared to some others.
    6) mayo in my tuna - maybe 2 tbls instead of the 1 I limit myself to now?
    7) I'd have a pastry or cookie if I wanted one ....

Seriously. Eat. EAAAAT. Eating is awesome.
    Options

I don't even know HOW people work out only eating 1200 a day. Its nuts.

Speaking of which - nuts are high in calorie, healthy, and tasty. If I could eat 3000 calories every day (holy COW) I would eat:

1) Lots of fruit and nuts and chocolate dipped fruit and nuts
    2) whole fat yogurt (oh god YUMMY - get it at Trader joes - my favorite is the cream on top one or the honey greek yogurt.)
    3) whole fat cheese (technically I eat this now too but I limit my portions quite a but) on water crackers
    4) salami (I know cured meats are the devil but mmmmm cured meats)
    5) olive oil - WAY more olive oil, I'd soak bread in olive oil, I'd use more when I cook, etc
    6) sabra hummus on seeded flat bread - I had to swap the flatbread out for wasa crisps or veggies which is ALSO good but not the same. Also had to limit my portions way more as sabra hummus is pretty high cal compared to some others.
    6) mayo in my tuna - maybe 2 tbls instead of the 1 I limit myself to now?
    7) I'd have a pastry or cookie if I wanted one ....

Seriously. Eat. EAAAAT. Eating is awesome.

Adding to this...
    1. NUTS NUTS NUTS any kind
    2. peanut butter
    3. tahini
    4. guacamole
    5. avocado
    6. ww crackers with cheese
    7. fruit with peanut butter (instead of alone)
    8. olive oil for dipping bread and dressing salads
    9. trail mix for snacks
    10. dark chocolate for treats
    11. milk for shakes, cocoa, cooking oatmeal, or drinking
    12. yogurt topped with whole grain granola and fruit
    13. grilled cheese sandwiches :)
    14. pb and j
    15. protein shake with peanut butter, milk, and yogurt --> 500 calories
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Out of all the unhealthy foods out there, people have to start picking on bananas!!

I live on peanut butter toast with bananas for the days I'm in a hurry! I use bananas in my fruit shakes, breads, cookies, etc.
    I just pulled up a recipe for banana/nutella wontons that had me drooling from the get-go!!

On weekends, I love to make breakfast burritos: scrambled eggs with sauteed peppers/onions, some crumbled cooked sausage, peach mango salsa, all wrapped in a Costco flour tortilla! YUM!
    Options
    why are people picking on bananas anyway?
  • Rae6503
    Options
    why are people picking on bananas anyway?

High in calories, sugar, low in fiber.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bananas have gotten a bad rap with the low carb craze. I love bananas that are just a little green on the ends. I love them mushed onto a piece of toast with a little butter or peanut butter, yum!!! I have some that are getting a little ripe for my liking so I will cut them up and throw into the freezer for smoothies, thanks for that reminder!
    My typical breakfast is an egg sandwich on an english muffin. I add an extra egg if I had a tough workout. The sodium is usually pretty high though, so I am playing with combinations right now. I just made my own turkey sausage, but messed up on the salt so they have as much sodium and store bought, duh! Next batch will be better. I may switch to smoothies for a few days to shake things up a bit and use up some of those bananas. I am currently using up some protein shake packets DH had bought a while ago and never used. I also have 2 tubs of pea protein that is pure nastiness. Don't ever buy pea protein!!!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    BUT when I had gestational diabetes, it was diet controlled. I could NOT eat bananas. They spiked my blood sugar like crazy. But really the only fruit I didn't have issues with were raspberries. It was a sad, sad summer.