• panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    3 hours!? What's going on!?

My insomnia is back!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    What kind of stuff have you done/ are you doing to help address it? A friend of mine used to have a super hard time with sleep, I could ask her for advice?
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    My Weekly Check In:

Starting Weight: 179.5 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165 lbs

First Week: 178.5
    Second Week: 176.8
    Third Week: 176.4
    Fourth Week: 175.4 lbs
    Fifth Week: 175.0 lbs
    Sixth Week: 174.2 lbs
    Seventh Week: 174.8
    Eighth Week: 173.6 lbs
    Ninth Week: 173.2 lbs
    Tenth Week: 172.8 lbs
    Total Challenge Loss: 6.7 lbs

Weight Loss Remaining to Goal: 7.8 lbs

New Mini Goal: 169 lbs (It's a weird number but it's 26 lbs lost total AND means I'm at a healthy BMI!)

Weekly Success: LOSING weight on my holiday!
    Weekly Struggle: Water was an issue on the trip and now I have a super sweet tooth that needs to get reined in. Oh. And Groceries need to be bought.
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Do NOT panic about trying the new method I was strongly encouraged to try. It's upping calories (again) but it's only a two week trial! If it doesn't work then you just drop them back down again!
  • sheobr
    sheobr Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new and am going to join your challenge
    Starting Weight: 188

Challenge Goal Weight: 150

Strengths:
    Struggles:
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge:

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 43.5
    Right Bicep- 14.5
    Left Bicep- 13.2
    Waist- 41.5
    Hips- 42.5
    Right Thigh- 23
    Left Thigh- 23
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm new and am going to join your challenge
    Starting Weight: 188

Challenge Goal Weight: 150

Strengths:
    Struggles:
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge:

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 43.5
    Right Bicep- 14.5
    Left Bicep- 13.2
    Waist- 41.5
    Hips- 42.5
    Right Thigh- 23
    Left Thigh- 23

This is my MIL! I'm excited she joined~~~
  • panyg
    Options
    What kind of stuff have you done/ are you doing to help address it? A friend of mine used to have a super hard time with sleep, I could ask her for advice?

I've tried herbal sleeping tablets, different teas, working out until I was shattered, reading, listening to music, etc but nothing really helps. I also have far too much on my mind so that doesn't help either. I can't just turn off the lights and go to sleep, I have to watch TV unil I fall asleep! I think I need to look into yoga or something to help me relax. If your friend has any advice, I would really appreciate it!

I can understand being worried about upping calories. How many calories will you be consuming?

Welcome Sheobr!
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    I can't just turn off the lights and go to sleep, I have to watch TV unil I fall asleep! I think I need to look into yoga or something to help me relax.

I'm the same way, I need the TV in order to sleep. What I started doing is putting in a series and watching the shows. Then I lay down, close my eyes, and imagine the show. I pass out before the episode is even over. Then I put on the sleep timer. I always put in Friends or Futurama because I know both episodes very well (from watching them before bed). It helps me a lot!
  • panyg
    Options
    I'm the same way, I need the TV in order to sleep.

So I'm not the only one who needs TV to sleep! Good to know I'm normal!
    What I started doing is putting in a series and watching the shows. Then I lay down, close my eyes, and imagine the show. I pass out before the episode is even over. Then I put on the sleep timer. I always put in Friends or Futurama because I know both episodes very well (from watching them before bed). It helps me a lot!
    That's a great idea. I'm going to try that. I will probably try Frasier as I love that and know every episode really well. Thanks for the tip!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sheobr

I'm sucking at this weeks challenge but not much I can do about more sleep at the moment. My little guy is teething again so he has up atleast twice a night. Some nights it seems I've just fallen back asleep again when he wakes up. On the good news he will out grow it. Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • mrsmellymac
    Options
    I'm the same way, I need the TV in order to sleep.

So I'm not the only one who needs TV to sleep! Good to know I'm normal!
    What I started doing is putting in a series and watching the shows. Then I lay down, close my eyes, and imagine the show. I pass out before the episode is even over. Then I put on the sleep timer. I always put in Friends or Futurama because I know both episodes very well (from watching them before bed). It helps me a lot!
    That's a great idea. I'm going to try that. I will probably try Frasier as I love that and know every episode really well. Thanks for the tip!

No problem I hope it works for you!!!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Starting Weight When Other Challenge Began: 220
    Starting Weight Now: 205
    Challenge Goal Weight: 170's-180
    Strengths: When I'm actually motivated I accomplish ALOT
    Struggles: Its when I'm not motivated that everything becomes a challenge, and I binge eat and don't exercise. I'm going to try to break that habit!
    Weekly Success:
    This Week’s Personal Challenge: Exercise everyday for the rest of the week.

Starting Measurements:
    Chest- 52
    Right Bicep- 15
    Left Bicep- 14
    Waist- 48
    Hips-52
    Right Thigh- 26
    Left Thigh- 26
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Hmmm... seems like this sleep challenge has been QUITE a challenge.
    I had an atrocious night thanks to anxiety attacks and the like. I hate taking medication for it, so I didn't, thinking it would resolve itself sooner than later. Not so much. Live and learn!!

Tonight is a fried chicken family dinner thing at our place. I am not remotely concerned about eating it and feeling guilty. I have the calories and I have Rushfit to complete in the evening. It's an extrodinary exception to my usual consumption. I haven't had friend chicken in... ages. I will enjoy it and move on!

Tough day today for self loathing. Working hard on it. With good support from MFP friends my day is slowly turning around :)

Hope you guys are all doing well. It's exciting to see all of the new faces! Remember to have your weigh ins in by Sunday at 11:59 PM!
  • panyg
    Options
    @Amandalovesfood89 It's hard to break the habits but you can do it! I also do really well when I'm motivated. I just need to find some motivation now!

@Jersey3025 Sorry to hear about the anxiety and lack of sleep. Sorry about the self loathing too, that's not fun. I get that most days myself, I suppose I'm used to it now!

I got about 4 and a half hours sleep last night. I'm aiming for 6 hours tonight

What time zone are you all in? 11:59pm would be between 4:59am and 7:59am for me. So not sure if I should use Sunday or Monday's weigh in.

Enjoy the fried chicken!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Hmm I am central time! lol. I am pretty flexible with when on Sunday evening you submit it, as long as it's before I write the post Monday morning (8 AM central) :)

You can totally get 6 hours! I believe in you! :P
  • panyg
    Options
    Perfect, I promise to post my weight on Monday morning before 5am Central!
    You can totally get 6 hours! I believe in you! :P
    Thank you for believing in me! I'm sure I can get 6 hours sleep, but it might be over 2 or 3 nights!!
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 176 this week. It's a bit slow going now so I'll have to ramp it up a little bit with more exercise. Mind you, I'm surprised I lost a pound considering how busy this week has been work-wise. Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Legalchica
    Options

Legal- Don't quit on us!! Why is the sleep challenge eating you alive?

I'm a mother of 3 (all of whom are in school) and work full time (Active Army) I"m married to a night owl who causes fights when I dont spend enough time with him, yet he sits in front of the computer from the time he gets home to some point after the kids go to bed. So the only time to spend together is at night. Then I have to get up and get everyone out the door for school and work (yes to include the husband, pack his lunch and his stuff for the day). Not enough hours in the day.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options

Legal- Don't quit on us!! Why is the sleep challenge eating you alive?

I'm a mother of 3 (all of whom are in school) and work full time (Active Army) I"m married to a night owl who causes fights when I dont spend enough time with him, yet he sits in front of the computer from the time he gets home to some point after the kids go to bed. So the only time to spend together is at night. Then I have to get up and get everyone out the door for school and work (yes to include the husband, pack his lunch and his stuff for the day). Not enough hours in the day.

... I am exhausted just thinking about that. Sounds like QUITE a busy life. I hope you are at least getting enough sleep to function!! Don't burn yourself out!!

I had another rough night. Anxiety abounds. I decided to dose up on medications. It's supposed to knock you OUT. I was up 2 hours later. So I took another one. Still anxious today. Frustrating to say the least.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Strange DBL post...
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Triple post?!