Black Team Challenge Week 14

Options
So, a lot of you are doing the C25k exercise and a lot of us are already running 5k's. Which is FANTASTIC!!!

This weeks challenge is to push yourself . When you think you just can't go another second, don't stop, keep going one more minute. After that minute do another one. I bet you can do at least 5 more minutes.

I did this last night when I was doing my last chance workout. I was almost to tired to get up at all after BL and I was going to quit at 10 minutes but said to myself get to 200 clories then quit. Once I got there I said I'll just do 2.5 miles then quit. I ended up going 40 minutes and did my 3.1 miles. I also walked at 3.8 mph at a 10 incline for .5 of that 5k.

So, the challenge is to keep going even though you feel like you want to quit. I want everyone on here saying man that workout was great and I came out of it drenched!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So, a lot of you are doing the C25k exercise and a lot of us are already running 5k's. Which is FANTASTIC!!!

This weeks challenge is to push yourself . When you think you just can't go another second, don't stop, keep going one more minute. After that minute do another one. I bet you can do at least 5 more minutes.

I did this last night when I was doing my last chance workout. I was almost to tired to get up at all after BL and I was going to quit at 10 minutes but said to myself get to 200 clories then quit. Once I got there I said I'll just do 2.5 miles then quit. I ended up going 40 minutes and did my 3.1 miles. I also walked at 3.8 mph at a 10 incline for .5 of that 5k.

So, the challenge is to keep going even though you feel like you want to quit. I want everyone on here saying man that workout was great and I came out of it drenched!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    Love this challenge!! I'm going to add more workouts in, I already go to the gym and workout 3xs a week but I'm going to start doing turbo jam at home again on top of that! Also, I don't weigh in til tomorrow so I'll let you guys know tomorrow how it went :)

Grats to all those out of the plateaus!! :drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, Sam!!

Sorry I've been MIA ... crazy busy work & life ... :ohwell: Still hanging in there & actually had a good week until last night when I succumbed to the stress & binged a bit. Back on track today so far, though!

Have a great day, Black Team!

:heart: Tresa
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sam!!

This will be easy tonight because I am going swimming - will definitely be drenched..:laugh: :laugh:

But worried about the rest of the week, as we have a 2 week "vacation" from the pool - it's killing me just thinking of it - will need to boost up my gym and DVD days.

Excellent idea to up the intensity. I've been really tired lately and feel like I am catching something, so was going to settle for a 45 minute swim tonight. Now I will go for the 60 minute workout and will ask (the virtual trainer) for a harder than usual workout. Thanks for the inspiration..

Keep your fingers crossed all - hoping I don't drown..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

janie
  • AmyDoesIt
    AmyDoesIt Posts: 46
    Options
    Would someone please tell me where you get info on what the c25k exercise is? I am still somewhat a newbie to all of this and to running but I've seen it mentioned several places. I'm very interested in improving my running skills and of course dropping some more pounds:happy: :happy: .

Thanks to anyone who can provide help!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Would someone please tell me where you get info on what the c25k exercise is? I am still somewhat a newbie to all of this and to running but I've seen it mentioned several places. I'm very interested in improving my running skills and of course dropping some more pounds:happy: :happy: .

Thanks to anyone who can provide help!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

For anyone else that might need it.

Amydoesit I PM'd you the link too.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    great challenge...i was thinking about taking the day off from working out, but i might just have to make myself do it
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    great challenge...i was thinking about taking the day off from working out, but i might just have to make myself do it

I was thinking the same thing but now I have too!:laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, Sam!

Guess who will be getting her run on tonight? Let's see if I survive running at 6 mph again. :bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Great challenge, Sam!

Guess who will be getting her run on tonight? Let's see if I survive running at 6 mph again. :bigsmile:

I did .35 of my 5k last night at 6mph and it was HARD!!! I just kept telling my self keep going your all most there! I thought I was going to die!:laugh: :blushing:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I actually did this on the elliptical at the gym today! I didn't want to be doing it at all today & ended up cranking out 50 min. which is 30 more than my "goal" today. YAY! Great challenge, Sam!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Sam!

Week 5 of C5K Day 2 Rn 8 walk 5 Run 8. I don't think I have ever run for 8 minutes straight...this should be interesting.
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    Ok so you guys have me so motivated!! I just looked up the schedule at the gym i'm going to tonight and I think I'm gonna get there early to do an ab class before the dance class :)

go black team!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Rainy day today so I did 40 minute turbo-- wow-- what a workout-- pant pant-- I might still do a lap or two with hubby tonight-- we're watching the rain--

Thanks for taking me the extra mile, Miss Sam!!

Evening work awaits-- :grumble:

Bye!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Headed to the pool - 60 minute swim for 2000 yards..

puff, puff, pant, pant...

thanks Sam.. Janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Sam!

Week 5 of C5K Day 2 Rn 8 walk 5 Run 8. I don't think I have ever run for 8 minutes straight...this should be interesting.

Okay I did it! Every time I thought I can't do this, the following thought was Sam would kick my butt if I stopped. :laugh: Friday's workout is 20 minutes no walking:noway:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok getting reved up for the gym. I will kick my own butt, I promise! Be back in a bit!:drinker:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel like working out today. But then I saw the challenge and felt guilty. So I did half an hour on the elliptical and pushed it, going a little faster than I usually do.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok back from the gym. The plan was to run the full 5k tonight. In light of the challenge. Ya know?
    Well about 1.5 miles in It became very obvious that I had not taken proper pastey related precautions. lol So I am not a big fan so that is as far as I ran. But I did get on the bike for another twenty mins and then did some good strength training. All in all it was a good work out. Now where the heck is everybody? :tongue:

You all better not be sitting around eating chocolate bars dipped in peanut butter :laugh: