johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    Thanks for the concern!!! :happy:

don't tell anyone I have softer side
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Tam, this isn't your 1st right?

Just be extra careful getting off the elliptical. When you start getting a little uncoordinated there at the end, it's a killer step down. And tripping in kinda scary.:heart::flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ouch... There's nothing that'll ruin a person's day quicker than a MRE with lame food inside... I actually know some people who ENJOY those things... My mom calls them dog food.:sick:

thank you that's why in the Navy we cook real food :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Easy to say....COMING FROM A NAVY COOK! Man I hate you guys.:angry:

man I'll feed you. you can stop eating out of the trash bag :noway:

My Dad used to give them to us as...treats! Yay, Daddy's home. Oh, MREs.

Parents can be so cruel!:sick: :laugh:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Oooooh-my dad (he was ARMY) used to take them with us on camping trips... And he was one of the crazies who actually liked a bunch of them... I love anything outdoors, but that will ruin anyone's day...
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    (Before I enlisted)

"...so lemme get this straight. I get paid to wear camoflage all day, i get my own cool army equipment, get to hang out in the field and eat MRE's and travel around the world."

(After I enlisted)

"mannnnnnn...... I gotta wear this stupid camoflage all day? I gotta carry this stupid ruck sack around? MRE's AGAIN!??!?!?! Afghanpakisuzbekastaniwhat???"
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My husband went to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina for a few months. He came back just in time for Wilma to tear our lives apart. With him he brought MRE's. He was raised an army brat and was amazed at the 'quality' of the new MRE's.

A few days into our 3 weeks without electricity, we had an MRE party for my kids and their friends (late teens, early 20s)

We had a great time and some of them where actually tasty (was gonna say good, but that would be stretching the truth too far:laugh: )

The point is we had a great time and the condiments have come in handy over the years!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Back on topic.

You know your a fitness nut when you walk into a Powerflex class and walk back out because the teacher is known to be too 'soft'.

Then go do 90 minutes of kick butt cardio and weight lifting!!

:smokin:
  • JasonArmbruster
    Options
    when you're on this site at 6:30am typing away about fitness!!!! .... :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    when you're on this site at 6:30am typing away about fitness!!!! .... :tongue:

:huh: you talkin to ME??
    :laugh:
  • JasonArmbruster
    Options
    im talkin to all of us!!!! :bigsmile:
  • xsargex
    Options
    My husband went to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina for a few months. He came back just in time for Wilma to tear our lives apart. With him he brought MRE's. He was raised an army brat and was amazed at the 'quality' of the new MRE's.

A few days into our 3 weeks without electricity, we had an MRE party for my kids and their friends (late teens, early 20s)

We had a great time and some of them where actually tasty (was gonna say good, but that would be stretching the truth too far:laugh: )

The point is we had a great time and the condiments have come in handy over the years!

hahaha, you civilians crack me up. You mean you didn't receive those MRE's and throw them back at the Natl Guardsmen and FEMA in disgust.

"What the f......?? No Menu #22 Jambalaya??!?!? What an insult."
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Tam, this isn't your 1st right?

Just be extra careful getting off the elliptical. When you start getting a little uncoordinated there at the end, it's a killer step down. And tripping in kinda scary.:heart::flowerforyou:
    No, this is my 2nd.

I will be 17 weeks on Friday. I am sure my belly will start some rapid growth soon and I will be more careful being lopsided! :laugh:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I had a thing I wanted to share in this post, even though I've only been exercising regularly (this time) for 3 weeks...

Saturday, I was absolutely dreading working out with my Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD, which is really intense...

but yesterday, I actually WANTED to do it. I woke up with the desire to do it. I could barely wait 30 minutes after I ate lol... and I also took a 1.4 mile walk later on during the day.

today, I want to do the DVD again! I'm shocked :noway:

I just hope this keeps up. If I can keep doing this, then it would be great. it makes me feel accomplished and proud of myself for actually wanting to exercise.

It's a great feeling and quite the surprise eh, when you realize you WANT to work out?
    I remember feeling the same way. For me, in general, that feeling has continued but I still have days where all I want to do is stay in bed. I always feel fantastic after I work out though! It is definitely important to find activities you can really enjoy and don't be afraid to try new things and challenge yourself. I recently have started running, something I never thought I could do or enjoy, but so far I am loving it. It's not easy but it makes me feel very proud of myself to know I am doing something I (and probably everyone who knows me) never thought I would or could!
    Keep up the great work! :wink:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

hahaha, you civilians crack me up. You mean you didn't receive those MRE's and throw them back at the Natl Guardsmen and FEMA in disgust.

I think for some reason people think eating an MRE is cool, to tell the truth I've never had an MRE. I have given them out for other guys to eat but I always had some reall foor to chow down on.

that being said we still do use Dehy eggs after we have been to sea a few weeks and then there is UHT milk :sick:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    when you got a cold. and its not the chesty cough, the fever, the sore troat, the stuffed nose, the empty box of kleenex, the sleepless nights that sucks...............

its that you cant work out for like 3 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • xsargex
    Options

I think for some reason people think eating an MRE is cool, to tell the truth I've never had an MRE. I have given them out for other guys to eat but I always had some reall foor to chow down on.

that being said we still do use Dehy eggs after we have been to sea a few weeks and then there is UHT milk :sick:

In Trashcanistan of course you don't have real milk, just that boxed stuff. Unpasterized that never expires. That junk would survive a thermal-nuclear war. Drink that for a year (which is probably similiar to your UHT milk) come home and guzzle a 1/2 gallon of real milk. You can't find a toilet fast enough. My stomach felt like someone dropped an anvil on it. Actually, everytime I watch Aliens and watch the chest-bursters...I think about that same experience. Very unsettling, to say the least.

The only other foodie-experience to top that was getting into Kuwait at Camp Udairi (now Camp Buehring) back in 2003. They had the freezer full of ice cream bars. Vanilla. Chocolate. And oh right on, what do we have here? strawberry flavored? Its a red package with some weird haji-writing on it. Must be strawberry. Possibly Rasberry or Cherry? Big english letters "ROSE" flavor. You guessed it. Rose flavored ice cream pop. I don't know what Arab thought it was a genius idea to combine Potpourri with Ice Cream.

Its a no wonder these countries are at war. They can't even perfect a Strawberry Flavored Ice Cream bar. disgusting.
  • MissResa
    Options
    I was telling my sister about this thread-we were laughing so hard... She's a weapons instructor/security forces and is currently finishing her degree for a position they've offered her. She told me to make sure and mention that I always give her a hard time about her most recent deployment.

She went to Kyrzykystan... Boy I hope I spelled that right! I say it's her "make believe" deployment... That no one in their right mind would name a country something as ridiculous as that, let alone spell it that way... Besides, she is Air Guard... And we were an Army family all the way! So deployments for her have to mean suntan lotion and hot showers.:sick:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Oh, and my husband is the only person I know of who actually ate "foot bread" when he was in Afghanistan... He's got a stomach made of steel, I swear!!!
  • xsargex
    Options
    I was telling my sister about this thread-we were laughing so hard... She's a weapons instructor/security forces and is currently finishing her degree for a position they've offered her. She told me to make sure and mention that I always give her a hard time about her most recent deployment.

She went to Kyrzykystan... Boy I hope I spelled that right! I say it's her "make believe" deployment... That no one in their right mind would name a country something as ridiculous as that, let alone spell it that way... Besides, she is Air Guard... And we were an Army family all the way! So deployments for her have to mean suntan lotion and hot showers.:sick:

Manas AFB (Man-*kitten*). We spent 5 days there redeploying back State-side. Nice place. Wing-Commander at the time was a real penis. We're a Reserve unit from Kansas, so you can only imagine the hell-storm we brought with us. Regardless, nice place. Beautiful base. The locals that run the shops on-post are FREAKING hella cool. It was just a bummer we couldn't go off post into town. I guess there was an alleged kidnap or rape by a female officer in the town. So they were on lock down while we came thru. Sucked.
  • MissResa
    Options
    We've given her so much flak for going Air Guard, but after my husband got out of the Army, he missed the military structure, so he joined in, surprise-surprise, the AIR GUARD... Now they are in the same exact unit, and although he out-ranks her so far, after she gets her commission the party is OVER... Well, not like he's a butt-head to her anyway. We just love giving her a hard time.:laugh: