Lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• melmill1
    Options
    How do you join challenges? I guess my question is how do I keep up with this challenge and not other posts/groups?
  • AML04143
    Options
    happy 1st day everyone! excited for this challenge...and for the mini workouts! lately, i have been *loving* hot power yoga classes....they crank the heat up to about 95 for 90min and it's a great way to let all of the stress (and sweat!) out. also helps get in that daily water afterward! :) i'll make sure to add on my fire hydrants and crunches tonight too!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone!! So glad yall are excited about this challenge as much as I am!! :) Makes me feel really good to know yall really want this!! I did my 50 crunches this morn and my 50 fire hydrants. I will complete my other crunches later on when I get off. This is a pic below of the fire hydrants. Go in and out 25 times on each leg. LETS DO THIS!!!! :))))))))))))

firehydrant.jpg
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    In addtion to the mini workouts, i do a daily jog for about 15 minutes or do my kettle bell and also a 30 - 45 minutes cardio workout
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    I'm going to get my crunches and fire hydrants (lol) in this evening! great job to everyone that has done their's already!!
  • charnell87
    Options
    pumped and ready to go .................. WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO
  • star9401
    star9401 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Smart doing the crunches/fire hydrants in the AM! I got caught up in a good book last night and couldn't put it down until I finished it (which was about 2:30 am) so I think I fell asleep around 3 am. I slept in until the last minute this morning. So, when I get home from work - I have a lot I need to do. I don't get home until 6:30 usually and I'm planning on walking the dog for a half an hour - doing 30 minutes of the couck 2 5k program and then doing the crunches/fire hydrants before bed. I'm going to try and split it up more going forward - and try to not get caught up in any more good books late at night!
    [/quote]

I would call reading my number one hobby when I actually get to do something like that. I also love my ipod touch.. And I have had to convert to some audiobooks to help multitask. I bet I could even listen to my audiobook while the C25K runs, because you can listen to your playlists (hmmmmmm).
  • MaterMama
    Options
    I did 50 of my crunches & my 25 each leg hydrants. Also have gotten in 2 -8oz of water (16oz).

Will do my other 50 crunches later today. :D

For my other exercise I usually use the Wii Fit. The best but its something.

Let me know if anyone wants to be "friends" for encouragement.
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Smart doing the crunches/fire hydrants in the AM! I got caught up in a good book last night and couldn't put it down until I finished it (which was about 2:30 am) so I think I fell asleep around 3 am. I slept in until the last minute this morning. So, when I get home from work - I have a lot I need to do. I don't get home until 6:30 usually and I'm planning on walking the dog for a half an hour - doing 30 minutes of the couck 2 5k program and then doing the crunches/fire hydrants before bed. I'm going to try and split it up more going forward - and try to not get caught up in any more good books late at night!
    [/quote]

I would call reading my number one hobby when I actually get to do something like that. I also love my ipod touch.. And I have had to convert to some audiobooks to help multitask. I bet I could even listen to my audiobook while the C25K runs, because you can listen to your playlists (hmmmmmm).
    [/quote]

Same here! I don't get to do it often - but I certainly love it when I get the chance.. Great thinking on the listening to audiobooksduring the C25K runs... I wonder if that would be effective?
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Well I do a mixture of work outs!! Monday and Tues I go to this High Impact Aerobics class for an hr. We do a lot of diff workouts that is where I got fire hydrant from but he make us do 50 on each side. Then I just added AQUA Zumba as my new workout. SO I go there on Thursdays and since it have got cold I do at home DVD on the other days. I used to go to the track and take my baby but its too cool for him to go out. So Wed and Sat is working out at home days!! Yall are doing great so far!!! I am very proud of all of yall!!! LETS BURN THOSE CALORIES!!
  • Rebroland
    Options
    Okay - so I've already gotten 6 of my 8 glasses of water today! woot woot! But my body is already starting to say it doesn't think it wants anymore. haha. I'm going to try and drink another 16 oz bottle of water before I leave work in 2.5 hours because I know I should be drinking more when I'm working out and i'm going to be doing an hour tonight plus the daily challenges!
  • HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Super excited to do the mini challenge. Today is my workout rest day but I still plan to do these tonight anyways! Yay! Good luck everyone! :D
  • Amandakaye03
    Amandakaye03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at posting pictures... Is that okay or do we have to post them?
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    I'm not good at posting pictures... Is that okay or do we have to post them?
    You dont have to post pics yet. But when its close time to do that mini challenge I will tell everyone how to set it up before we start doing them. But if you dont want to do it you dont have to. But this is 3 wks from now though. So dont worry about posting any this week or next week.
  • Rebroland
    Options
    SO excited! I feel so great after today. I drank 10 glasses of water, Walked my dog for 50 minutes, and did the couch 2 5k week one day 1 today! I haven't done the crunches or fire-hydrants yet but that is because I'm waiting for my supper to digest so I won't throw up everywhere. haha. But, I will be doing them before bed. How did everybody else do today?
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for letting me join..... I did The 30 day shred level 3 day 1 ....then did 100 crunches and my 50 fire hydrants.
    The kids got out of school early today.....so my day way short ; )
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Phew- amazing how taking a couple of weeks off can work against you. Today was tough- can't wait until day 5-7, as i know it will feel a lot better then.

Completed the mini challenge and restarted 30DS. On level 1 day 1. I started 30DS a couple of months ago when I first joined MFP, combined with C25K... but fell off the bandwagon. Jumped back on today!
  • MaterMama
    Options
    I did my 100 crunches & my 50 fire hydrants. :D

What is the 30 day shred? Is there a link? What equipment is needed?

Thanks.
  • jewels68
    Options
    60 minutes at the gym tonight. Didn't think I was going to make it, but I did. I feel great. The machine said I burned almost 500 cals. When I put it into MFP it said close to 800. Seems way off to me. Which one should I go by?
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    I did my 100 crunches & my 50 fire hydrants. :D

What is the 30 day shred? Is there a link? What equipment is needed?

Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY

It's awesome. :) I was just about to start doing it again. It'll kick your butt, but you can lose inches off your body. :)