Man to Man: A Support System for Men

12346»

Replies

• Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 105 Member
    Been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks. Kicking it into high gear this morning to break out of the plateau. Ran 8 miles today. Plan to bike 20 miles tomorrow.
  • What's. Up fellas. I'm new to the board. I've been overweight for about ten years
    I remembet Being 175. And 170. I'm up to three. Hundred pounds now. I downloaded the my fitness pal to my phone today and set my calorie intake to 2000. I'm going from here. So anyone add me as a friend. I need all the help I can get.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Welcome gentlemen! Little steps start it all!
  • Thanks for the welcome bro. I'm gonna start this walking jogging program I found online five days a week you eventually end up doing being able to run for thirty minutes without a break. My first week is walk ten minutes, jog 2, then walk three, do That cycle four times during your workout. Doing that for five days. Then next week the time will adjust.
  • Umpire57
    C25k - Good Program. I completed it and ran my first 5k last November.
  • Umpire57
    Where are my people?

Did Insanity Max Interval Sports Training Today - Good Workout.

Anyone running a 5k tomorrow?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I'm in a challenge to run 215 miles by the end of the year. 20 down since Sunday. I've been doing between 5k-10k every day on the treadmill. I'm shooting for 10k tonight!
  • Umpire57
    Cool, Where did the 215 number come from?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Cool, Where did the 215 number come from?

It's a challenge I joined with a bunch of folks. I'm extremely competitive so trying to keep up with the people leading the pack is helping me. I absolutely hate running, but am trying to get better for health. I'm doing the warrior dash and zombie runs towards the latter half of next year. I want to do tough mudder in 2013.
  • Umpire57
    Well, I am almost through Week 7 of my Hybrid program I created to get me through the first of the year. I have also been doing Yoga classes at the YMCA and doing 1-2 PM Yoga sessions at home a week in addition to my morning routine.

I have to say, If you really push yourself in Yoga and not just "stand there" then it is addicting. People say they get bored with it but I find those are the ones who don't push themselves to the limit in each of the moves.

I want to try spinning but there are no classes around me when I am off work, there are daily classes at my Y but they are during working hours. :(

It has been a few months but I still plan on running a Turkey Trot in a couple of weeks even though I haven't been running. We will see how that goes.

Week 8 of my Hybrid is a "Recovery Week" and I am glad, I can see myself getting a bit burned out so a week of lower impact, no weight training I think will help me. We will see.

Oh well, I guess I have ranted enough. What has everyone else been up to?