NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options

Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My new favorite protein/after workout drink is: 1/2 c of dark chocolate almond milk, 1 c of brewed coffee, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder. I love the flavor and the coffee adds an extra kick :)

As much as i love my coffee black this sounds really tasty :)
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    Took my grandson to get a flu shot today and while I was at it got one myself.

My Tip: I love Dr.Oz, I get to watch him some because I am retired so thought I would give you workin' girls a tip from Dr. Oz.
    To speed up your metabolism eat pickled peppers. The vinegar prevents storage of fat and the capsasin raises metabolism.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    My tip is thEre is always time for exercise. Whether you dance to a song while you
    Are getting ready or if you walk up and down the stairs an extra time or two. It all counts! So Dobruja if you are ever feeling down.
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 170
    Options
    Because I'm on a super pumpkin kick, here's a vegetarian pumpkin protein filled soup:

Pumpkin Tofu Soup adapted from sparkpeople.com

Ingredients
    2 packets splenda
    1/2 tsp curry
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    dash of salt
    dash red pepper

3 cups non-fat milk
    1 package soft tofu
    1 can pumpkin
    1 onion

Directions
    1. Either use a blender or food processer to blend the pumpkin, tofu, and onions.

2. Add the ingriedients to the spices in a medium pot and let the soup simmer at low heat for an hour.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 5
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 144.6
    Total Fat: 2.8 g
    Cholesterol: 2.9 mg
    Sodium: 110.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 19.8 g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g
    Protein: 11.2 g

****reviews said to leave out the onion.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    My good deed for this friday...Someone started a Boo chain (you give treats to someone secretly with a little poem, and they copy the poem and pass on to someone with more treats. Well theres a guy at work that doesn't have a way to get the candy and candy bags to do this, so I made bags for him to use, and another coworker has extra treats to fill his bag. Now he won't feel left out. :bigsmile:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's RAOK was on the ride home from work and my son's school. I *tried* to let in a few people but no one took my SPOT! So I kept trying and about a mile away from home someone took advantage of my good deed and moved into my lane.

California drivers can be soooo frustrating....
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Today's good deed was giving a friend my halloween "costume" from when I was pregnant.
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    my good deed was making a coffee cake to bring to my co-workers and halloween cookies for my boys to bring to daycare.
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    I only went one place today and that was my grammys.. She gets me every friday.. We get her hair done and shop if needed :) No other way i want to spend my fridays :)
  • adamkat
    adamkat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    sounds like a perfect day! :flowerforyou:
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    I picked up a friend at Enterprise so she wouldn't have to wait for someone to bring her to the office.
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    Made a donation to one of our many homeless shelters :(
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's RAOK - I made my husband oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies even though I felt like crap all day. He really like them. :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    todays RAOK is taking my homemade fall soup and a batch of roasted brussel sprouts to my grammy.. I'm also putting some of my favorite diet snacks together for my cousin who is also on a weight loss journey. A lot of her funds go to her teenage son and her rescue kittys.. Figured she would like to give some yummy over priced treats a try...lol Hope everyone has a wonderful sunday :) GOD IS GOOD!!!
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    Bought my sis a fresh hot pepperoni roll for her lunch after church and took cookies for my
    Sunday school class to have with coffee.
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    This weeks special challenge:

Since I think we really enjoyed our random acts of kindness week, This weeks special challenge is the same 3 pts bonus for 5 random acts of kindness, (I am going to prorate if you 2 or 3 instead of 5, so don't worry if you miss a day.)

I am also adding to this weeks challenge, you have to go on the message board and add either a halloween story or joke, can be funny or scary! :) You have to do this by 5 est. Monday!

ETA: Again I will be tracking the points for the special challenge.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Wasn't on at all this weekend. We just had too much to do.

Our random acts this weekend. On Friday I treated my friend out to a movie and bought his ticket for him. He's very kind and helps out around the house with technology things so I wanted to treat him.

Then yesterday, my mom and I helped make way for a woman in a rolling chair. She was very sweet and gave my son a high five for helping her through the doorway. I was very proud of my little man :happy:

Katie
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    Here is my Halloween joke:

How does a girl vampire flirt?
    She bats her eyes:)
  • lauralou23
    Options
    My RAOK for today:

My co-worker has been wanting to start dieting and asked me to remind her to remind her to call this doctor that I went to about my weight loss. So instead of just reminding her I made a pretty little note with all of his information on it and stuck it to her phone so she won't forget! :)
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    I bought lunch for the girls in the office today, we had Wendy's Chile. YUMMY