Not that much to lose group *LOSE 15lbs in 12 Weeks*

Options

Replies

• dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Was quite naughty last night and had a couple glasses of wine ~ glad weigh in isnt untill 28th! :laugh:

Hoping for a 2lb loss this week if possible xxx

Uh oh! Hope that wine doesn't set you back too much! I'm hoping for a 2 pound loss this week too although i think i may be coming up on a platue :( lossing has bee nextremely slow
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join. I have a bad habit of getting comfortable when I get down to a certain point, and I am struggling to overcome this mental block. One trick I've learned is to constantly reset my starting weight. It helps to remember that every day is Day 1.

I try to weigh-in on Mondays to avoid the Weekend Reward!! pitfall of going bananas with my diet over the weekend. Please feel free to add me.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well. :) I graduated college in 2010 and have returned to grad school, so I think the switch from a lightly active job to mostly sedentary (8 hours in class sitting) has really hurt.

I'm lost some weight since starting here so I'm 140 now with about another 10-15 to go. (I have never been 130 - so I want to see how that looks first)

Please feel free to add me too
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Sounds like just the right group for me!!

SW: 155
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Uh oh! Hope that wine doesn't set you back too much! I'm hoping for a 2 pound loss this week too although i think i may be coming up on a platue :( lossing has bee nextremely slow

I hit a platue few months back. Its not easy but i went back to my normal eating for a while and gained a few pounds, now im hammering away at it again. Think bodies need a shake up every now and again =)

Im also hoping the wine hasnt set me back, will be doing some cardio tonight to make up for it!

Big hello to the new members on this thread - good luck in the weight loss :wink:
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey I would like to join this group!

I was 157lbs in March, and at the beginning of May I decided to do something about it.

The weight started to come off extremely slowly.... but now I find myself at 145lbs (My lowest was 142lbs in August but then I went to Florida on holiday :( ) ...

Now I think im stuck.. Although I got down to 142lbs in August, when I returned from holiday I was 147lbs, and since then ive only managed to lose 2lbs! (I returned from holiday 28th September) and my scale keeps fluctuating between 145-147 :(

I would love to get down to 140 which Ive been trying so desperately hard to do since May, but my body just doesnt seem to want to be that weight :( ... I did get there a year and a half ago before a holliday, but I dont know how i got there ... :/

If anyone has any help and advice about how to overcome a plateau please help!

I want to be 140lbs by the end of November, and 137lbs by Christmas (wishful thinking maybe...)

Please feel free to add me for support :)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    How TALL is everyone? I am 5' 9", and I am not sure what my goal weight is...
  • plums
    plums Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 150lbs now and would like to lose 10. Really having a hard time with it.
    I'm a student too!
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options

I hit a platue few months back. Its not easy but i went back to my normal eating for a while and gained a few pounds, now im hammering away at it again. Think bodies need a shake up every now and again =)

Im also hoping the wine hasnt set me back, will be doing some cardio tonight to make up for it!

Big hello to the new members on this thread - good luck in the weight loss :wink:

I'm going to try to eat differently this week. I'm doing a eating plan the 6 week body make over I'm on week 4 and I think maybe my body type changed. So I'm going to follow a different eating plan this week and see what happens!
  • dreamgurl2324
    Options
    I would LOVE to join. I have a bad habit of getting comfortable when I get down to a certain point, and I am struggling to overcome this mental block. One trick I've learned is to constantly reset my starting weight. It helps to remember that every day is Day 1.

I try to weigh-in on Mondays to avoid the Weekend Reward!! pitfall of going bananas with my diet over the weekend. Please feel free to add me.

I'm 5'2 and I weigh 153.5 I'd love to get to 135 we will see if that happens. My goal right now is to get to 139 and I will decide where i want to go from there
  • drea_b1
    drea_b1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in. Im 5'7' 160 lbs... hoping to get down to 145-150 lbs. Summer weightloss plan was a fail. I KNOW my diet is the culprit. Thats gonna be my hardest challenge. Eating the right foods and actually having the time to eat it...
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well everyone, I made it back from Mexico this weekend. I told myself not to get on the scale till today and I only gained 1 pound!!!! I am pretty proud of myself and didn't over do it while on vacation. So my starting weight has now changed to 136. Weigh in is this Friday...I don't see much of a weight loss for me since I am booked at work and have exams all week....so not much gym time...but I continue to watch what I eat.

THESE lAST 10 pounds are SO hard to get rid of. I don't know if I'll ever get to my goal weight!!!
  • megcalvert
    Options
    I am 5'3!!
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    megcalvert, I feel your pain! The last 10lbs are definitely the hardest, or in my case, the last 15

Im more determined than ever to do this. My first goal is 140 lbs - just 5lbs.. seems so small but yet so big.. If I can reach that in 4 weeks I will be happiest girl in the world! Seems simple.. just over 1lb a week, but its definitely not been that simple for the last 5 months!

If we set ourselves mini goals it will give us something to set our minds to :)

Im 5"6 if anyone would like to know :)
  • delamer23
    delamer23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping that it's not too late to join (just making it before you all start on the 28th!) I've been doing the calorie counting thing since last year, but haven't tried joining a group...but, since it seems like everyone here is in a similar situation as I am, I thought it'd be worth a shot!

I'm a student as well, and since exams came around I shot up to my heaviest- so I need to lose 10-15 lbs to get to a healthy BMI.
    SW: 149
    GW: 130-135 (not sure yet)
    height: 5'3"
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hello:

I just found this group today and if it is not too late I would love to join! I have been on MFP for 5 months on and off... I have about 12-15 lbs to get to my ultimate goal weight! I have lost 7 lbs just counting calories etc. but I am joining a gym today after work.. so I am hoping that the extra cardio etc. will help get rid of the last pounds hanging on to my body!

I'm 5'5 current weight 135
    Goal Weight 120-125

Not a student, but a mother of 2 and work full time!

Let me know if it is okay to join and what I need to do? I have never joined a group before.

Thanks!
  • MotherOfTwins2010
    MotherOfTwins2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in I would like to lose 10-13lbs to be back at my college athlete days weight. Current weight is 128!
  • megcalvert
    Options
    I see there are so many of us that are at those last 10-15 pounds that are SO difficult to get rid of!! I think 12 weeks is a simple and healthy way to meet or goal! Don't get discouraged, I know it is really hard to stay on track when you hit a plateau! I am stuck at 135 and have been for 3 weeks now. I would like to lose atleast 5 pounds by our 3rd weight in on Nov 11th. With all the exams and working full time it is going to be difficult!!!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Can I still join? I am 5'5" and have been trying to lose 10 pounds for nearly 2 years now! I have gotten fed up and modified my goals and don't really put my weight in here anymore since it never changes but I'm feeling motivated by everyone's enthusiasm today! Last time I weighed myself I was at 130 and I would LOVE to be 120.

I am going to continue trying to cut down on my sugar and increase my protein
    I am going to continue exercising 5-6 days a week
    I am going to do my best to stay on track with calories and not go over
  • megcalvert
    Options
    Can I still join? I am 5'5" and have been trying to lose 10 pounds for nearly 2 years now! I have gotten fed up and modified my goals and don't really put my weight in here anymore since it never changes but I'm feeling motivated by everyone's enthusiasm today! Last time I weighed myself I was at 130 and I would LOVE to be 120.

I am going to continue trying to cut down on my sugar and increase my protein
    I am going to continue exercising 5-6 days a week
    I am going to do my best to stay on track with calories and not go over

Yes you can join! Our first weigh in is this Friday!