!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 8 and tried Level 2! There must be something wrong because I thought Level 2 was actually easier than Level 1. Don't get me wrong - still kicked my rear and had me sweating - but I didn't have to stop like I did when I started Level 1 and I had more fun doing it. Maybe it's just because it was something new after a week but lesson is: stick with it and you'll get stronger! I feel great!

Thanks to everyone for the motivation - I wouldn't have even started 30DS without this group.

I feel the same about level 2 as you do I was like seriously this is kinda easy thats why I have been doing level 1 in the morning and level 2 at night
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Mk so i traveled over the weekend to see my parents and did not do as well with the exercising! so this morning I am going to do level 2 day 5 and this evening I am going to do level 1&2 day 6. Ready, and hit it!
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Day 15, Level 2 done (Day 9 with the group). It happened, but I don't know when.. haha, but I lost the soreness in my butt - it was killer when I first started L2. Definitely getting easier - might make my husband give it a shot this weekend! But right now I would like some help and advice!!!!!

I opened up my food diary for everyone to take a look at. I've actually gained almost a pound in 2 weeks of exercising daily, eating significantly healthier than before, and keeping my calories around my BMR. What gives? Is there something I'm missing here??????? I wouldn't mind maintaining my weight, but I gained!

Any advice please!!!
  • monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    D7L1 and it is not getting easier!! I sweat and get sore and I am starting to hate Jillian :embarassed:
    I did not get my workout in on Sunday I could put an excuse here but I wont....Soooo back to the grind
    23 days left to go.....
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this site and was reading your posts. Is there a program printed somewhere for your workouts? Not sure what the abbreviations mean, or how it works - but it sounds interesting. I walk 2ce a day about a mile each time, use my elliptical 5 days a wk for 30 min, and take Zumba classes twice a week. Wanted to get into some weight training, my frozen shoulder is still a bit sore, but need to start somewhere...and this caught my eye. Thanks. Judy
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Shredders!!! :glasses:

How are you all doing? I love to read all your updates, I think we are doimg GREAT!!! :bigsmile:

I have done my shred today, with 7lb weights throughout, today I managed all the full push ups too, no girly ones at all!! I was surprised as I still feel like I have no energy but I tried to do them and before I knew it it was the last one so I was really pleased with myself. :happy:
    The anterior raises are getting easier too, the last few are still really hard work but not as much as the first time I did them all, I know I am progressing so I will keep at it.
    I can feel my core is stronger and my shoulders are toning up. I'm pleased, it's only day 9 for me and I still have a lot of extra weights and ab work to add in so I hope to see some good results by the end of the month.

I have work tonight and work tomorrow night, then a night off the back to work friday and saturday, I will try to get a run in tomorrow, need to get into running earlier in the day as the clocks go back soon and it will be dark early, I will miss my evening walks and runs, :cry: maybe I will have to start running on the roads rather than through the forest as I need to still run and morning running is not always an option for me.

I shall look forward to catching up with you all tomorrow and reading how you have all done today and tonight, good luck shredders!!! Let's do it!!!! :tongue:

Mel :drinker:
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done I had to take a break yesterday I burnt my hand and in the crease between thumb and index finger so it was too hard to do it and I think I needed the one day off other than cardio. Today I did it but without weights.

Keep up the good work everyone =)
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Finished level one, day 8 yesterday; day nine will be today when the kiddos go down for nap. Great work everyone!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! i'm back from a short on my deathbed hiatus lol - i had some serious flu going on and did absolutely no working out for the remainder of last week

but i am happy to say i picked back up yesterday and started up again - i'm re-doing week 6 of my c25k but i did my 3rd workout of 30ds yesterday - i guess i should probably just start over in a way and call it day 1 lol since i took so much time off in between. not sure if i'ms till counted in this because it's been such a long break from the last time i shredded but either way - you guys are definitely rocking it out, great job.
  • dyeager01
    dyeager01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    D1/L2 done ...OMG
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this site and was reading your posts. Is there a program printed somewhere for your workouts? Not sure what the abbreviations mean, or how it works - but it sounds interesting. I walk 2ce a day about a mile each time, use my elliptical 5 days a wk for 30 min, and take Zumba classes twice a week. Wanted to get into some weight training, my frozen shoulder is still a bit sore, but need to start somewhere...and this caught my eye. Thanks. Judy

This group is for 30 Day Shred (30DS) which is a dvd by Jillian Michaels. So we are all following the dvd, there are groups that pop up for this now and again we are about 9-10 days in for this group so its a bit late to jump in but you could probably find a group just starting.

I did not do day 8 last night. I also skipped dinner, I was really bad last night to say the least. I came home and one of my dogs was missing, spent hours and hours looking for him, didnt get back home until almost 10, I decided it was too late to eat and I was too upset to want to eat so I just went to bed.

Luckily a neighbor called and said they had my dog this morning so he is safe, I will definitely do the dvd twice tonight to catch up to the start date.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    D9L1 done. Damn U anterior raises! Feel like such a weak girl 2day, we got our flu shots yest and wow the shoulder did not like the Ant raises 2day. Almost dropped the weights(5lbs)! Oh well it got done..that's what counts! Have a wonderful day people!!!!!
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    Day 8 Level 1 done. Hoping to do day 9 tonight and then just 1 more day at level 1 before i go through the torture of level 2
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Shredders!!!

Day 9 Level 1 complete!!
    It's defintely getting easier for me. I still can not do normal push ups but I can do all the girly ones without stopping. I want to be able to get through the entire level one without any modifications before moving to level two. I hope thats ok. I am seeing results every day. It's great!!

I can't wait till the end to see the difference in my measurements!!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i am so proud of all of you!! day 9 done for me. thinking i might start level 2 tomorrow, was going to do each level for 10 days but im officially getting bored with L1.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I did my L1D7, starting to get good at the push-ups (on my knees though), but those anterior raises are still killer!
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Still on level 1 for me and I find it is getting easier and I am starting to feel less sore :bigsmile: !!! Still have a hard time with push ups and I am doing the girly ones...Yikess.. Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 9 on lvl 3 :D
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. L2D2.

I much prefer L2 to L1 :)

Keep on shredding!!!

And I hope all those people with illness or injuries are soon back on track. Keep checking in, even if you're not up to shredding :)
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Flying out the door but managed to get D10L1 DONE!!! On to Level 2 tomorrow. Got a 5miler in too. Have fun today Shredders!