T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 9 ~ 4/2-4/9

Options
Welcome to week 9 teamies!!

DID YOU DRINK YOUR WATER TODAY???

First time seeing this thread? Everyone is welcome to join in at any time. There will be a new thread each Friday In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category. Friday is check in day so feel free to share your results from the week. This can be inches lost or pounds, depending on how you track your progress. Several of our members use both, while some stick to using just the scale or tape measure.

DSC00049.jpg
Join the situps challenge at http://www.twohundredsitups.com. Some of us are just getting started with this... others have been at it for a while. Lets widdle that middle!!

And... if you havent and are able to join the woggers.....
Jogging.jpg
Wogging is a combination of doing intervals of walking and jogging. Join us!

Bust out them tape measures this week and measure your success. Dont be frustrated if the scale doesnt move.. if you are working hard and eating right, you are building muscle which is exactly what you want! Lean muscle burns LOTS of calories!

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome to week 9 teamies!!

DID YOU DRINK YOUR WATER TODAY???
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. ~ Confucius
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    80s_workout_cat.jpg

First time seeing this thread? Everyone is welcome to join in at any time. There will be a new thread each Friday In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category. Friday is check in day so feel free to share your results from the week. This can be inches lost or pounds, depending on how you track your progress. Several of our members use both, while some stick to using just the scale or tape measure.

DSC00049.jpg
    Join the situps challenge at http://www.twohundredsitups.com. Some of us are just getting started with this... others have been at it for a while. Lets widdle that middle!!

And... if you havent and are able to join the woggers.....
    Jogging.jpg
    Wogging is a combination of doing intervals of walking and jogging. Join us!

Bust out them tape measures this week and measure your success. Dont be frustrated if the scale doesnt move.. if you are working hard and eating right, you are building muscle which is exactly what you want! Lean muscle burns LOTS of calories!

Have a wonderful week everyone!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    So, I don't weigh in, but my running pants kept falling down today. I didn't think I lost any weight. Maybe I need to put them in the dryer instead of the drip-dry.......Good golly I've gone over on calories by several thousand in the last two weeks, doubt I am losing.
    :flowerforyou:

Good luck to everyone else, though :flowerforyou:

he he, I just noticed what the scale in the picture says.

Please go to adopt4's house and take her scale away from her. :grumble: :laugh:

I loved wuwu's "Stoke the Fire" metaphor about breakfast.

I'm glad we left that scary Heath Ledger Kitty on the other thread....I won't go to any topic if I see that member's name. It totally creeps me out....

I'll be in the Big Easy. Crawfish and strawberries. And sun. I'm sooooooo there.
    Wuwu, we used to skydive into some festival every year in N.O. around this time of year, and then stay for a few days and fly back to Zephyrhills, FL. I love it there, but we had to land on a barge in the water, and I always hated that
    parachuting.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    yes, wuwu put it VERY well! Great job!

Well... I "stoked the fire" all day today... so much that I went over by 235 calories... LOL
    Oh well... somehow I think Im forgiven...By Sunday I'll be at 5254 burned of the 2410 goal I set for this week.

Whew!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

I am now throwing the scale away for one week. I weigh in this morning at 196- which don't get me wrong I am well happy with. In the first month on MFP , I have lost 14 pounds. But right now, I go down 2 pounds, then back up 1.5 to 3 pounds I have done this since I hit 198. I eat between 1400 to 1900 calories a day. The days I eat close to 1900 are the days I exercise hard and usually have 200 - 300 left over. I work out 5 - 6 days a week at least 40 minutes and probably more. I do have a question Should you do your workout all at once or can you workout two to three times a day? For instance I get bored on the treadmill and walk for about 25 minutes sometimes up to 4 times a day. Is this wrong or does it matter? When I do my aerobics, I can do then an hour/hour and 30 minutes at a time. I know it takes times to lose and that you build muscle but I thought I read some place where you should do your exercising all at once

I want to say thanks to all of you for posting such motivational help and support. I, too, liked lulu's stroke the fire metaphor. I appreciate being able to read all the info and how everyone is doing.

Lulu - I am coming to visit - I just want to see the sun more than 0ne day.

Sheila - Congratulations on the new house but eat girl. Food is not the enemy.

Adopt4 - Hopefully it won't be a plateau and the scale will move for you today. I do the bouncing while you stand on the plateau. Something will shake for us soon.

Good Luck Everyone this weekend - everyone have a good one. Getting ready to go to my second job. I will check in tonight.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team... TGIF.... I cant believe another week has gone by :noway: well not sure when I am going to go to my dads to weigh myself with my packing and moving?? I know I have to make time to go to the gym cuz MY BACK is killing me :grumble: The Good news is I should be all moved in this weekend.. The bad news is I have to much CRAP :laugh: hubby is taking a half day off work so we can get started finished loading the moving Truck.... Well last night was my last sleep in the house...WOW

Well I can tell you that I got messured Yesterday and wow!! the inches are sheding.. I put them somewhere so I was going to put the begining and Now but I dont remember where I put them LOL maybe in a box somewhere :laugh: okay I will post it later..

I am wondering if I am under my 300 or if I have to wait a week ??? :huh: well is everyone ready to the dance with me??? I will let you know soon..

Great job on the new thread..

on I saw this info this morning when I log on the internet .. its about how to control your hungry
    check it out if you would like...

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/how-to-understand-your-hunger-signals-435110/

Sheila
  • swignal
    Options
    I saw this Picture and I want to see if it will show up ...

<a href=http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/Weight_Lossfile/ target="_blank" title="BB Forum Image Comments">
    7883.gif
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/&quot; target="_blank">BB Forum Image Comments @ 123glitter.com</a><br /><br />
  • swignal
    Options
    I Found another one....

<a href=http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/Weight_Lossfile/ target="_blank" title="BB Forum Image Comments">
    7891.jpg
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.123glitter.com/comments-graphics/&quot; target="_blank">BB Forum Image Comments @ 123glitter.com</a><br /><br />
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Morning everyone! I want to weigh in now because I will be busy all day. My parents are in this weekend for my daughter's 3rd birthday. I will enjoy 1 piece of cake on Sunday (disney princesses).

Exercise went well this week. I want to change it up being a new month. Am still working on those weekend calories. They kill me. Here are my stats for the week...

SW/GW/CW 208/150/191 -1 lb:glasses:

In February I lost 9 lbs and in March 4 lbs. At least it's still going down!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    healthymom2009 - SW/GW/CW 208/150/191 -1 lb
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 191/CW 251.7 +.6 lb

Told ya things aren't right - and I've not gone over my deficit cals in months, although i have gone over my cals a few times... but not more than 200... so i should still be losing, not gaining! waaaahhh!! and I measured and it seems like everything put on an inch, which can't be right... so i'm not recording those measurements and will do that again tomorrow. it's hard to measure yourself and get the same spot every time!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Chanty - SW 148/GW 125/ CW 132 -1lb

Morning ladies,

The scale at the gym said 131, but it needs to be calibrated, and was showing under....so I think around 132 is right! 4 pounds in 2 weeks, oh yes I am happy!

Adopt - Are you doing weights? (not massively heavy ones hah)...If not you should be. I took 30 mins 3x a week out of cardio, and did 30 min cardio then weights, and I have dropped substantially (compared to before when I wasn't). And I am getting more definition, yay! So give it a try with some simple weight arm/leg exercises, and see how it goes!
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!! TGIF is freakin right, it's been a looooong week! :drinker:
    Well, might as well get it over with! LOL SW/GW/CW- 275/180/268 -2lbs :bigsmile:

I'm pretty ecstatic about my loss of 2 lbs this week, especially since I haven't been able to do as much as I want to with my ankle all jacked up! Congratulations to everyone for keeping motivated and trying to live a healthier life, even if you didn't lose any weight!

Hope everyone has a great day!

OH, and Lauri, there are 2 separate packages...please let me know when you get them! And yes, I'm doing much better!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    LI4G - Another great start to the thread! Loooove the pics and I need to buy a scale that says that!

CM - ButtDance.gif Nobody needs to see that! Buy drawstring pants!! You musta been diving into Jazz Fest - it starts this weekend and goes on through next weekend - Wow - what a fun way to get there!!! And you get a dance for the baggy pants! (See bottom of post)

LI4G - way to go on the cals burned:noway: Holy moley girl YOU are tearing it up!!! (Dancer below for you)

Sheila - Lift with your legs!!! Don't hurt yourself in the move .... be gentle, easy does it, take care of yourself!!:heart:

Chanty - big happy dance for you!!! Way to go!! (Everybody's happy dancer is at the bottom of the post)

Healthymom - Who could resist Disney Princess cake?!?! Happy birthday to your baby girl! And congrats on the pound down:bigsmile: (Dancer for you below)

Adopt4 - How's your sodium intake?? I think you are doing some retaining maybe.... but you get to share the dancer anyway cuz you did great sticking to your workouts this week!! Proud of you!

Indianagranny - come on down!! This is the best time of year to be in New Orleans, I promise! You rock around in the weight pool like I do - up a little, down a little, stay the same, forward, backward, cha cha cha... Hey, we're getting healthier every month - and at the end of the year we will be soooooo glad that we've done what we're doing, none of these little details of the day to day will matter - keep your sights on the result we seek:flowerforyou: :heart:

Okay:
    lulubar - SW205/GW 145/CW 191-1lb

Lost back the pound I gained last week BUT on the measurement front I have now lost a total of 10 inches: bust -1" bicep-1" waist-5" hip-2" thigh-1" and my bmi is down 3 points. I'm a happy happy camper!

So here's a dance for all the losers gaining on their goal!
    humour236.gif This Sister is HAPPPPY!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Dwray - 2 pounds in a week!!!! Fantastic job!!! :drinker:

I'll let you know - don't worry!:bigsmile:
  • swignal
    Options
    Well Well Team here it goes... Get your dancing shoes on

SW 327 / GW 150 / CW 297 / for a loss of 5 pounds

I did it ... I really did it UNDER 300 I am so excited

DW sw/ 275/ gw 180/ cw 268 loss 2 pounds
    healthymom2009 sw 208 / gw 150 / cw 191 loss 1 pound
    adopt sw 273 / gw 191 / cw 251 gain of 6 pounds under protest!!!
    chanty sw 148 / gw 125 / cw 132 loss 1 pound
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well Well Team here it goes... Get your dancing shoes on

SW 327 / GW 150 / CW 297 / for a loss of 5 pounds

I did it ... I really did it UNDER 300 I am so excited

WHOOOO! Way to Go Sheila! We are all doing our happy dance for you! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :glasses: :tongue: :drinker:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nitag sw 220/ gw 145/ cw 196 loss 1 lb

So with all the company here my husband forgot to take away the scale... I am down 1 more lb.. Yahooooooo.

Sheila that is wonderful.... You are a workout queen...

Great start to the thread LI4G......
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Hope you are all having a great day! Checking in quickly to add my weight. Will check in more later. Love the start of the thread....great job everyone!!!

Sheils - SW 327 / GW 150 / CW 297 / for a loss of 5 pounds!
    jamierobertson SW 195/ GW 155/ CW 187.8 - 2.6lbs

Have a Fantastic Friday! :glasses:

added you in the nitag, we must have been posting at the same time.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Sheils - SW 327 / GW 150 / CW 297 / for a loss of 5 pounds!
    jamierobertson SW 195/ GW 155/ CW 187.8 - 2.6lbs
    Losingit4good SW 216/GW 175/ CW 215 -1lb

Holy moly people! Look at all those pounds sliding off!! 14lbs combined for us this week so far and not everyone has even checked in yet!! Great job!!

Sheila...WOW! 5lbs...Im jealous!! LOL You deserve it tho! Youve been ripping it up at the gym every day and SEE!! Its payin off BIG for you!! Nice!!

DW.. you too! 2lbs with a bum ankle! WTG girl!!

Jaime- 2.6.......NICCCCCCE!!!!

I dropped a pound this week. Things are slowin down for me, but not really. Ive been adding more weigh training in at the gym, so Im all good with losing a pound. I know Im putting on muscle cuz certain areas are firming up nicely.

For the next couple weeks if someone else would like to start the thread, that would be great. I leave on Friday for Florida at the break of dawn, so Im gonna have to go to bed early Thursday night. I should be able to check in while Im gone down there since Im gonna take the laptop with me but not sure I'll have a chance to start it the following Thursday either, since thats the day I get home.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I used LI4G's heart rate monitor today, and it read 300+ more calories burned than the machine. Huh. So I went back and looked at my food intake if I had actually burned 300 more cals... Which would leave me at a deficit most days 300+ and many days 600+... but I'm still consistently eating 1500-1600 cals regardless of my workout... Shouldn't that be plenty?

I think I might be retaining water because my belly is sticking out again... and it hadn't been doing that lately... I know I've been bad on my water all week... so I will drink, drink, drink water this week!

My sodium is always high, I have a very hard time keeping it under 2500... continuing to work on that. But it's consistent, except for the days I ate out and had either Chinese or pizza, and since I've done that several times this week (but still stayed under cals!) it's quite possible those meals are killing me on sodium and retention.

Either way, 6/10s of a pound is no big deal. It's just depressing when you haven't cheated. :wink:

I think I'll start using MFP's estimation of cals burned for a bit... since it's more than the machine says yet less than what the heart rate monitor... and see if that helps.

Congrats to everyone, good job!!