support group for losing those last 10 lbs.

Options

Replies

• leahnora
    leahnora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! this is my first time dieting (i know it's crazy since i'm 32!) and i think i've been really successful so far. i've lost 12 lbs in the past 5 months...but these last 5 lbs are hanging around longer than they should! basically, i exercise 30 min a day in the morning (usually jogging), unless i have derby practice. MFP has me set at 1200 cals a day, and i often eat my exercise cals. i'm a lil nervous to up my cals as some of you have suggested, but willing to try whatever to get these last few pounds to budge. hope you don't mind i've added some of you so i have people with similar goals on my news feed :)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am in. 7-8lbs to lose. already lost 15.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you are still taking supporters I would love to join :)
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Started Ripped in 30 last night and this time I took before pics, not just measurements. Hopefully I'll be just as pleased with these results after 30 days as I was with 30 Day Shred (finished over the weekend).
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

So excited to see so many new faces!! Just a few things...

* weighing in on Thursday..be sure to post your weight
    *let us know at the end of the week what you thought worked for you or didn't
    *try doing the exercises through the week that you don't care for (mine is core)
    *positive attitude..its about the journey

We are all fearfully and wonderfully made women..appreciate your body and how strong you are and are becoming.
    We can get through this together!! Take care:smile:

Great!! This is good to know!
    Now to think of something I dont like to do..(or more accurately narrow it down to 1 thing!!)
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    oh my god, so i did my 10 stupid push ups this morning and was all happy for myself. then i come home and do my second insanity workout and there was like 5 thousand push ups in it. my arms are shaking like crazy. shoot me now!

what are other people doing as their least fav?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    oh my god, so i did my 10 stupid push ups this morning and was all happy for myself. then i come home and do my second insanity workout and there was like 5 thousand push ups in it. my arms are shaking like crazy. shoot me now!

what are other people doing as their least fav?

I've been doing pushups as well, but I'm terrible at them so I use my exercise ball. I can do 40 in a row with the ball centered mid thighs. I'm slowly trying to get the ball down to my ankles where it's really challenging. I'm really tall so I have so far to go down it feels like.
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have 8.8 to my goal. I am in!!!
  • trammellsheryl06
    trammellsheryl06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amy! Will give it a try.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been stuck between 138 and 141 with a goal of 135! Nothings happening! I've been slacking lately with exercise due to vacations, etc, but still trying to watch what I eat. I've been stuck for about 2 months!
  • nyr112
    nyr112 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm relatively new on here and have really found the site useful so far. I've been logging my calories and exercise, but as yet have only lost 1lb so really keen to join a support group to keep me on track.
    I'm 5' 10" and weigh 150lbs, I've weighed the same for about a year now and am struggling to really make a breakthrough. My aim is 130lbs, not sure how to get there. In the past I've done crazy fad diets. I did the maple syrup diet which worked for a few weeks and then I piled the weight back on. My aim now is slow and steady, cut out alcohol and work out 5x a week.
    Look forward to logging in with everyone and hearing your stories :-)
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peek at my weight today and I am up 1.5 pounds!!!! I've been eating 1500 calories (up from 1300 and stalled for months)

I have been doing HIIT walk/running intervals for an hour a day, so not sure if my muscles are retaining water from that. (before I just walked)

TOM is also a week away...

Or maybe I need to clean up my eating even more. I eat 90% clean/healthy, but fit a small something sweet into my day.

Not going to worry yet.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I've been MIA for a few days. I've still been exercising but my eating is not that great. I've been stress eating, so need to get that under control. So needless to say I really haven't been keeping track of my calories. Back on it starting today. I really want to get rid of these last 10 lbs!! So need to get my head together and stay focused.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Started Ripped in 30 last night and this time I took before pics, not just measurements. Hopefully I'll be just as pleased with these results after 30 days as I was with 30 Day Shred (finished over the weekend).

I am finishing Ripped in 30 right now. i loved it! can't wait for more of JM's workouts. starting 6w6p this weekend.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Akosky - To break my last plateau, I had to reduce sweets and carbs. I save them for one free food day a week. That was about 12 pounds ago for me. The longer I work at this, the more I think everyone is just different and you have to keep trying to see what works for you. My family has a lot of diabetes, so I'm guessing my body just processes carbs and sweets poorly. :smile:
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peek at my weight today and I am up 1.5 pounds!!!! I've been eating 1500 calories (up from 1300 and stalled for months)

I have been doing HIIT walk/running intervals for an hour a day, so not sure if my muscles are retaining water from that. (before I just walked)

TOM is also a week away...

Or maybe I need to clean up my eating even more. I eat 90% clean/healthy, but fit a small something sweet into my day.

Not going to worry yet.
    Yes ..don't worry!! It could be possible that you are retaining some water..also snuck a peek at your diary, might want to double check sodium too? Hang in there you can do it!:-)
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I just wanted to make sure I had this saved on my list for the weigh-in tomorrow:wink:
    My least favorite exercise is weight-lifting. I always feel super awkward when I'm doing it in the gym. I did that today, so I hope it doesn't make my weigh-in tomorrow higher. For the last couple of weeks, I have been gaining and re-losing the same FIVE pounds. This week, I decided to get serious about things & lose the weight FOR GOOD. With the holidays coming up... I definitely don't want to start out five pounds OVER my goal. See you all tomorrow for the first weigh-in!
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Only 5 lbs in the last 2 months:( I wanted to be down to 135 by Halloween but I'm still hovering around 138 :(
    11 lbs to go until goal and they DO NOT want to come off
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Only 5 lbs in the last 2 months:( I wanted to be down to 135 by Halloween but I'm still hovering around 138 :(
    11 lbs to go until goal and they DO NOT want to come off

Either way you look great!! Keep it up!!!
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...
    Remember..weigh in tomorrow! Be sure to weigh in at the same time every Thursday!
    Also share any struggles, exercises, nutrition that worked or didn't work for you!
    We can do this!