!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    SHREDDING!!!!!!! YES!!! :bigsmile:

I have shredded today, it was an effort, I felt like stopping throughout, thankfully the thought of reporting back to you all that I had missed one without good reason was not a happy one and I got it done.
    Still not feeling 100% well but I'm not giving in, I have work tonight and about 200 miles to drive before I get back to my bed in the small hours, I now have time to have a cup of tea and quick chill out before my shower and get ready for the nights work.

Hope your all doing great, I see some have missed one here or there but glad to see your not quitting, missing one is ok but no quitting!! We need to keep at it if we want to see results.

Tomorrow will be an easy day for me to fit the shred in, I have most of the day to myself, I might well get a bit of housework done, have a mound of jobs to do and would be great to get the house looking really lovely before the weekend.
    I will shred early on and may even do a second one as I need to do two friday to make up for saturday not being at home, maybe it would be wise to do this thursday while I have all the extra time on my hands, Fridays are always crazy busy for me so I might well do this.
    Sunday I will still be at my BF's place until the afternoon so that will mean evening shredding for me, which is cool, I will probably do it after my son has gone to bed so I can spend some quality time with him.

I shall look forward to reading all your posts again tomorrow keep up the good work people!!!

LETS HAVE IT!!! :drinker:
  • monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shedders! I was wondering how many people get their Jillian workout on in the morning before daily activitys: work/school/mommy duties VS later in the afternoon. Currently I am trying for the morning but my snooze button always gets the best of me :tongue: So I end up doing it after work. Any tips on getting my behind out of bed?? And is it truely "healthier to exercise in the AM VS PM????
    Thanks! D8L1
  • melgibson
    Options
    I'm trying to catch up with you all!!! What is the "official" day we are on?? Day 10? :ohwell:

I just did days 6 and 7 for me, back to back shred, owwwwwwww :) BUT I DID IT!!!:tongue:

Day 6/7
    Level 1
    50 mins
    300 cals burned per HRM
    5# weights

Anyone elses' knees/ankles sore??? I think it may be our marble floors, but the carpeted areas feel too soft. Hmmph.

We are on day 10!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    Day 10 Level 1 complete. on to level 2 in the morning
  • melgibson
    Options
    Hello fellow shedders! I was wondering how many people get their Jillian workout on in the morning before daily activitys: work/school/mommy duties VS later in the afternoon. Currently I am trying for the morning but my snooze button always gets the best of me :tongue: So I end up doing it after work. Any tips on getting my behind out of bed?? And is it truely "healthier to exercise in the AM VS PM????
    Thanks! D8L1

I HATE leaving my bed in the mornings, I LOVE my bed and never want to get out until I'm totally ready, That said, an early morning run on an empty stomach really is the best way to start the day, on the rare occasion that I have managed it I find myself thinking, whilst running, WHY THE HELL DON'T I START EVERY DAY LIKE THIS. The feeling of running first thing in the morning is fantastic and totally worth getting out of bed for.
    I then find I need to eat LESS during the day and ALL day long I feel AMAZING!!!!

That morning workout is really the key.

HOWEVER, I like you find it impossible to get up and I really struggle getting up until the last minute.
    I think this takes personal discipline and maybe we could set a challenge up for it, I personally would love to get up early and run three times a week. That plus a daily shred/dvd would have me in great shape.

I usually do my shred while my son is at school, usually around 2pm, but that is not the best time to go it. Sometimes I do it in the evening, and occasionally I do it at midnight or later if the day has been that busy!!!

I don't know what scientific evidence there is about AM/PM exercise and which is best but from what I feel the earlier you get it done the better you feel. :happy:
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @leobaby -- I could hug you for keeping track of all those stats -- it's so inspiring!!! thanks for taking your time to do this!

@melgibson -- be sweet to yourself today. hugs.

My pleasure, sunshinegirlnm :happy:
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01-10 (17-26th October) ~

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

1amdeev......................................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    a1rose..........................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    acarmickle1................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    Adina81........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    afalls11.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    alaskagirl5...................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    AleenaZ........................................08..............................07..................................01..................................00
    Alexa712......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    busymnmom..............................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    caicon..........................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    CamayB......................................05...............................05.................................00..................................00
    canidoit11...................................05...............................05.................................00..................................00
    carriann2012..............................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    cbekkevold..................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    clairabell2024.............................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    Clinno...........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    cwglosin4vaca...........................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    determinedsocialworker..........06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    dreamz48....................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    dyeager01...................................11..............................10..................................01..................................00
    elissascotland...........................09..............................07..................................02..................................00
    erinserin......................................12..............................10..................................02..................................00
    franciellejoyce............................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    Gay11nell...................................10..............................00..................................10...................................00
    Iholdsworth555.........................02...............................02..................................00..................................00
    jaeone.........................................09...............................09..................................00..................................00
    jam1010.....................................11...............................10..................................01..................................00
    Janel1978..................................04...............................02..................................01...................................01
    jennysmission...........................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    jls1661........................................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    jrhstarlight...................................15..............................06..................................04..................................05
    jrreed1.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    justle............................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    Kalo10.........................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    karensfit4life...............................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    katemcconnal............................07...............................07.................................00..................................00
    kcmg0730...................................04...............................04.................................00..................................00
    kcrojas630..................................05...............................05.................................00..................................00
    kdenny1.......................................10...............................10.................................00..................................00
    kel7298........................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    kelsue35.....................................10..............................09..................................01..................................00
    kgb6days.....................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    ksludwig......................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    kstoller2.......................................09...............................09.................................00..................................00
    lackie09.......................................11..............................06..................................05..................................00
    lauramary2..................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    LeahSWright...............................11..............................09..................................02..................................00
    Leobaby.......................................05..............................05..................................00..................................00
    lildebbie.......................................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    LisaSmuts...................................04...............................04.................................00..................................00
    littlesunshower...........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    lizlashley09..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    lormc.............................................10..............................08..................................02..................................00
    Louise12......................................06..............................05..................................01..................................00
    louise266.....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    luvnsun1......................................10..............................10...................................00..................................00
    mbnharrison...............................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    melgibson...................................10..............................10..................................00..................................00
    melmarie4..................................12..............................02..................................09..................................01
    mi_tai...........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Mledieu........................................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    mommynmotion........................06...............................04.................................06..................................00
    monmay01..................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    MountainMamaof2.....................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    msenior........................................09...............................09.................................00..................................00
    nibbles40.....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    Nita_Bita.......................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    NthnButMoonshine.....................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    paul121703lilly............................07...............................07.................................00..................................00
    Quilled...........................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    RealDeal27..................................10..............................10.................................00..................................00
    RedPaperClip..............................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    rforce85.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    rinshillier......................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    robyng1986..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    rockerbabyy..................................09...............................09.................................00..................................00
    ronke911......................................06...............................01.................................05..................................00
    sambuka8....................................09..............................09.................................00..................................00
    SarabellPlus3.............................07...............................07.................................00..................................00
    sarahkatara.................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    sb1023.........................................12..............................10..................................02..................................00
    sdgarcia9220..............................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    shanintesar.................................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    Shellabella02..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    ShellGetsFit.................................09...............................09.................................00..................................00
    skpresley20.................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    SmileyJ23.....................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    sonia2003....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    spaceEF.......................................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    stampinwithmb...........................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    stockers78...................................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    sugarbeans.................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    sunshinegirlnm..........................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    tabs4cherubs..............................01..............................01.................................00..................................00
    tageekly........................................09.............................07..................................02..................................00
    tammihart...................................11..............................10..................................01..................................00
    TimeToWork..............................08..............................07..................................01..................................00
    Timmay®....................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    toque_de_miel..........................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    torsaer.........................................10..............................00..................................10..................................00
    trikimash.....................................08..............................05..................................03..................................00
    TVstfne........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    vegangirl88.................................09.............................09..................................00..................................00
    walkinmydoxies.........................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    windyweather88........................16..............................10..................................06..................................00
    ZydecoBeauty............................03..............................03..................................00..................................00

Cheers!!!!
  • melmarie4
    Options
    day 13, level 3 complete. 2 more days till i'm half way there although leaving for vacation tomorrow so its gonna be really hard to push myself to do my workout for the next 7 days. we'll see what happens. if i get behind i can always double it up for a few days when i get back.
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would have been on day 7 today but today I think I am going to take a rest day, my body is sending me signals..lol...I might change my mind, we will say how the day progresses and how I feel. But I will be ready for level two soon :) First level is getting pretty easy for me and I feel great!! Thank you and good luck everyone :wink:
  • windyweather88
    Options
    For the whole shred, I've been going in the morning... I find it's easier than having it looming over my head all day. My husband gets up at the same time, so it's not too difficult to get up.

In college, I used to put my alarm (my very annoying alarm) across the room. That way, I had to get up to shut it off. It also helps to wear or have your workout clothes set out and ready to go too. :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I haven't updated in a few days, Day 9 of level 1 complete.
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i too find it extremely hard waking up for a morning workout and have been trying to get my shred in the morning with no success!

this is a really gd idea,im going to try it tomorrow morning!thank you!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    level 1 - 5 workouts done :)
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    D10L1 done. Starting L2 tomorrow, a little nervous but mostly excited. I'm so happy to be part of this group!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Just finished my Day 9 : Level 1 & Day 10 Level 2 .. I did both one after another because I realizd if I think of doing it later, I get lazy later and procrastinate for the next day and the next day it's the same story ... I wanted to stop this and be back on track ..so YES YES YES !

LETS GO ! LETS GO !
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders, just got home from the cinema. I will be doubling up tomorrow. With level 1 in the morning and moving to level 2 in the evening.
    We are 1/3 through this challenge, if we can get this far, we can finish. I start to see some changes in my belly already. Lets hope that my eyes are telling me the right thing.#

Good night all:flowerforyou:
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Day 10, Day 3 of Lvl2...it was really hard tonight. Probably because I had a busy 13 hr shift at work, so am very tired.

Se y'all tomorrow!!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Day 10 completed I went back to lvl 1 just to have a change up and do something different.

I also do mine mostly in the AM, mainly cause 1) I am already up. I get up when my bf does which is by 6. Then I eat breakfast and after a bit I workout, I can't do it on a empty stomach. 2) If I wait til later I find more reasons to NOT do anything or bf will come home early and all scheduling/routine goes out the window. Of course I don't have kids or pets to hinder me during the day. I don't have any tips on getting up. I think its in my personality, I feel lazy if I sleep in and don't get my day started, plus I like having more day to myself. Sleeping isn't being productive, I hate taking naps. Once I am up I am up.
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 3 Done!! :)
  • trikimash
    Options
    Day 9. level 2 today.