For all you pizza lovers... Doughless Pizza Recipe :)

Options

Replies

• monmay01
    monmay01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome!! will be trying soon.......thanks!!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • angela5168
    Options
    bump
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight, omg it is awesome. I splurged and cooked up one link of hot turkey sausage ( 140 calories), and added that to the finished meal. It came out to 672 calories for a 9" round pizza. Thank You for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • RoxyMoxie
    RoxyMoxie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    so we just had this for supper. The kids have gobbled it down and I'm on the fence. I double the recipe to make a bigger pizza (around 15 inch round) and I think next time I'll only use one egg in a doubled recipe, I think it will still hold together and won't have so much of an egg-y taste. the only other thing I would change is to put less cheese on top of the pizza since there is cheese IN the crust. (oh and I didn't precook my onions or red pepper because I don't mind them crunchy) all in all, we'll probably eat it again, but I wouldn't say it's exactly like "real" pizza
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just had this for dinner and I did really enjoy it, but I can't get away from the fact that it's got a LOT of cheese in it, which makes it a rather more calorific meal than I'd usually have at the moment. It would be a great option for anyone looking for something gluten-free, though.
  • misty589
    Options
    I thought that about the cheese too. I'm thinking I will cut the cheese in half, use one egg, and more cauliflower next time and see how it turns out. I may add a little milk or water if it seems a little dry, we'll see how it goes! It was much higher in calories that I was thinking it would be (D'uh moment, I guess lol) I'll probably toss in a little bit of ground flax too, I love flax :)
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I tried this last weekend and loved it! I used half as much of the shredded cheese in the crust though to cut some of the calories out. I actually made a large pizza for the whole family, so I trippled the recipe (still only using less than half the cheese)The only thing I wish I could figure out is how to get the crust a bit crispier? The edges are perfect but the middle is a bit more soft. Any suggestions?
  • misty589
    Options
    maybe press it out really thin? I wonder if you baked it for a longer period at a lower temp if it would have more time to dry out in the middle?
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsteinberg87
    jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All good input. I'll say that I use a dry mozzerella cheese, shredded, and its also light. I do feel though that it needs some kind of *binder* and I don't mind the egg taste, though I have used just egg whites to bind it together. When baking the crust, it might help tp make it all the same *thickness* if you are having problems cooking the center. If the edges still burn too fast, I suggest you cooking it at a lower temp, for a little bit longer. I hope this helps, alot of oven teperatures range.... alot actually - so baking anything is a little more difficult when there can be varying temperatures. Most definitely reccomend squeezing any water out of the cauliflower after ricing. I have used cheese cloth, or even a clean kitchen towel. It helps eliminate any moisture that the veggie is giving off. These are all things I'm learning along the way to make for a better pizza in the end. Also the dry shredded LIGHT mozzerella tends to be a little more dry than regular shredded mozz... don't know if thats just me or because I wrung out any extra moisture from the cauliflower before. But thanks for all the tips and criticisms. It helps me try to perfect the recipe. I tend to not use as much cheese on top since its in the crust, but thats just me personally. And yes, cooking the veggies on the side helps remove moisture tremendously! :)
  • jsteinberg87
    jsteinberg87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    maybe press it out really thin? I wonder if you baked it for a longer period at a lower temp if it would have more time to dry out in the middle?

Thats probably a great idea. I just posted something below that is similar to this idea. No doubt a lower temp for a longer time would help out a lot if anyone has moisture problems. And in the middle is harder to crisp, especially on a baking sheet. If you think about real pizza, it usually goes into a REALLY HOT OVEN without any kind of sheet, especially a brick oven. It cooks it from the bottom and top. I like crispy pizza sometimes, so its not exactly easy to remove the moisture in an oven. I wish I had almost like... a ceramic baking sheet. I feel like then it could cook more evenly in less time!
  • Newstart5
    Options
    bump
  • sarah8180
    Options
    I tried making a healthy pizza using a tortilla wrap as the base. Was quite a nice quick lunchtime snack! I used salsa as the sauce, bit of cheese and ham etc and put under the grill for a bit was quite nice!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the tips! Next time I think I will try a few different things: use a "drier" cheese, make the crust as thin as possible (and even!), and I am also going to try to bake it on a stone (Pampered Chef type of stone)...they are known for sucking in moisture. I'll let you all know how it turns out when I get a chance to try it!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!