We're Losing It-Biggest Loser Challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Way to go ! Holly...Congrats
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!!! Well another week has passed, how is everyone doing? I've been bad about making goals, just been doing my thing. I really don't recognize this exercise demon I have become. I am adding so much to my routine that it is so out of character for me. Looking forward to a new step class with my bestie tomorrow at her gym, hope she likes it. Then it's Bootcamp on Saturday with my other bestie:) I'm sharing the exercise bug!

Good luck to everyone on the weigh-in today!!!!!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    After working out a few kinks with my spreadsheet, I'm now have results! First, I'll list the results for this week and then totals for all five weeks combined. If you're not on the list, you either gained or have no loss.

Week 5
    Mandy lost 1.8lbs for 1.27%
    Rebecca lost 2lbs for 1.08%
    Erica lost 4lbs for 1.99%
    Kim lost 2lbs for 1.00%
    Bobbie lost 2.4lbs for 1.25%
    Michelle lost 3.2lbs for 1.60%
    Claudia lost 3.2lbs for 1.04%

So, Erica is our Biggest Loser this week!! Congrats! Great loss this week!

Totals after five weeks...again, if you aren't on here, you have not lost, not reported, or gained.

Alison has lost 8.4lbs for 4.33%
    Brandi has lost 1.8lbs for .87%...boo to me!
    Holly has lost 9.4lbs for 5.37%
    Mandy has lost 3.2lbs for 2.24%
    Melanie has lost 7lbs for 3.72%
    Rebecca has lost 7.6lbs for 3.97%
    Erica has lost 8.6lbs for 4.18%
    Kim has lost 3.5lbs for 1.74%
    Kimmie has lost 2lbs for .75%
    Bobbie has lost 7.8lbs for 3.95%
    Michelle has lost 12.2lbs for 5.83%
    Mikey has lost 4lbs for 2.10%
    Claudia has lost 16lbs for 4.98%

So, if I don't include anyone who has gained over the five weeks, we have lost 85.2lbs as a group in five weeks!! That's awesome!! Let's try to make it 100 in six weeks...we can do this! I'm so proud of all of you who are doing so well each week! Even though I haven't done the greatest, all of you are keeping me inspired to not give up and to get back on track!! Next week that scale is moving down!!
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great success group! That's exciting, we can definitely reach that 100 lb mark at this rate. I had a bad weekend, my eating was fine but did no real exercise. Having a bad time personally so just trying hard to keep my head above water. Didn't lose any weight this week, but no gain either so I'm ok with that. Goals for the week:

1. Keep up with my c25k, and try to do some form of activity each day on non running days
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Stay in a POSITIVE state of mind :)

Have a good week friends!! :D

Holly
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow...feels so good to look at those lbs lost...!! Great job everyone we should be proud..:wink:
  • kimcat73
    Options
    Congrats Erica!!!! 4 pounds is awesome! Everyone keep up the great work!!!!!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to see how much weight we've lost as a group. Exciting!!
  • EricaSno28
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!! I'm so excited .... let's get this going!!
  • mjawesome
    mjawesome Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow we've lost 85 lbs collectively! that is amazing!

My loss has slowed - I'm 10 lbs from goal (although I should modify it and extend my goal and add another 10 lbs, but darn it - I want to reach a goal) I feel like its the luck of the draw at this point. I work my butt off and it says I gained a lb, then I get discouraged and do a little less and lose. I got really discouraged a few weeks ago because the scale wasnt budging then this week I'm down 1.8...geez....
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Congrats Erica! And congrats to all those who have been losing consistently!

I unfortunately have been fluctuating this whole time and am still above where I started. But seeing this list shows me that I really need to get to work and see some results like you fine ladies. I told you all that I started my point system last week, which I considered more of a practice week. (I knew I would be on vacation for half the week and I wanted to give myself a practice week so I could start gettting used to this system.) I only earned 13 points for the first week. It's not the score I wanted, but it's a start. My goal this week is to earn 30 points. And again, I earn those points by completing my daily goals, which are:

1. Drink 6-8 cups of water
    2. No more than 12 oz diet coke
    3. Net approx 1300 calories
    4. 30 minutes of exercise
    5. 15 minutes physical therapy
    6. 20 minutes bible study

I also have been working on a project. I have a notebook with my weekly score sheets (for the point system). Yesterday I started making collages for inspiration and motivation. For example, I made a page that included Jillian Michaels, Hannah & Olivia from the Biggests Loser, Valerie Bertinelli, my profile pic of the hot pink bikini, along with a few other images. I also made a page that has healthy food images. I'm going to make one today that is about exercise & fitness, one with the worst images I can find of fast food (something that will gross me out), and one with baby / pregnancy images since I want to be more fit before I get pregnant next year. I also carry my weight loss bible study in this same notebook. I'm trying to make myself very organized and motivated, and so that I have all my resources right there at hand.

Sorry this post is so long. Hope you all have a fabulous day!
  • SunSand76
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!! I'm so excited .... let's get this going!!

CONGRATS girl!!!!!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY FRIDAY! Hope everyone stays on track this weekend. I'm hoping by weigh in on Tuesday I see more results. I gained 3 pounds while I was on vacation, but I am making good progress getting it back off. Ideally I would like to get those 3 pounds off plus some by Tuesday....but I will be happy just to finish getting those couple of pounds off.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    So I just caught up on the Biggest Loser. It was like a dance party at the weigh in. Made me feel good.

So I just realized that we have approx 2 months left (9 more weigh ins) of this challenge. Did anyone set a goal for yourself during this challenge? I don't think I did. So I guess I will now, and I encourage you to do the same too. I would like to lose 10-15 lbs between now and then, which works out to be 1-2 lbs per week.

I am taking this time to rededicate myself and really work hard so I can see those results. And I personally think we should have either a weekly or daily challenge (something we can all do). I think perhaps if we get more involved as a group, we can help each other more. Hope you all are having a great day!
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been so detached from this group - I have only taken the time to report my weight loss the past few weeks. I am going to do better posting and reading what others have posted!

My goals for this week:

#1 - drink 64 ounces of water per day
    #2 - exercise for atleast 5 hours this week
    #3 - log my food intake
    #4 - SHED THIS COLD THAT I HAVE COMING ON
  • SunSand76
    Options
    A liitle late posting this week. I did have a loss, 2-ish pounds..can't recall off hand! So that is excellent. Continued with c25k etc. This week hasn't been the best, I'm crazy busy at work and my youngest daughter had the flu for a few days. Oh and I've eaten waaay too many roasted (and heavily salted!) pumpkin seeds. Moving on... Goals are to finish up c25k, yay! Also lose some more weight, I'd like to lose the last 8 lbs to reach my goal by my 1 yr anniversary of starting my life change. That date is November 26. Not sure if that is feasible, but I'll give it a shot. I will adjust my final goal weight once i lose that 8 lbs. I'll probably want to lose another 5-10 lbs ultimately. Oh and I have my company Christmas party on December 3, would be nice to buy a pretty dress to wear, and feel good in it.

Backing away from the pumpkin seeds now......!!

Hope everyone is well ;)

Holly
  • loseit4ever
    Options
    At long last, the results from Tuesday....be sure to check out my next post and let me know what you think about my qusetions.

Congrats to Holly!! She has the biggest percentage of weight loss this week...woohoo...you just keep shrinking, girl!!

Holly lost 2.6 for 1.57%
    Rebecca lost 1.2 for .65%
    Erica lsot 1.5 for .76%
    Kim lost 2 for 1.01%
    Bobbi lost 1.8 for .95%
    Heather lost .8 for .48%
    Michelle lost 1.4 for .71%
    Mikey lost .8 for .43%
    Claudia lost 1.2 for .39%

Another great week for a lot of you!! Darn it, I'm going to be joining you this next week if it kills me. Again...my next post here has lots of new info for you and a couple of questions to answer.
  • loseit4ever
    Options
    Hey again!! Here's some new info and questions for you guys...please respond and by the end of the weekend if enough people respond, I'll make a couple of final decsions on how to finalize things.

1) I'm trying to determine final prize. Would you guys be willing to put $10 into our Pay Pal acct or send a check, and we will use it for the final prize and a couple of smaller prizes before the end. Scott and I will put in $20 for us, and we PROMISE this is not a scam!! Person with largest percentage gets the cash at the end. I would also be willing to take suggestions. You can only get the prize if you contribute to it.

2) Beginning this Tuesday, I am offering a new prize challenge for everyone. You are responsible for keeping track of your # of cals burned each day(Tuesday through Monday) and the person that burns the most for the week will get a $10 girft certificate for amazon.com compliments of Scott and I.

3) I need some suggestions for other prize challenges and how to divide up the money if people agree to the final prize thing. I was thinking like 7 or 8 dollars toward the final prize and the rest to help with some other prizes. Or, if anyone would be willing to donate a prize for a challenge that would be awesome too!

Let me know what you think...I need input. And Kim, Scott told me to tell you he's going whip your *kitten* in the calorie burn challenge next week!
  • loseit4ever
    Options
    Hey again!! Here's some new info and questions for you guys...please respond and by the end of the weekend if enough people respond, I'll make a couple of final decsions on how to finalize things.

1) I'm trying to determine final prize. Would you guys be willing to put $10 into our Pay Pal acct or send a check, and we will use it for the final prize and a couple of smaller prizes before the end. Scott and I will put in $20 for us, and we PROMISE this is not a scam!! Person with largest percentage gets the cash at the end. I would also be willing to take suggestions. You can only get the prize if you contribute to it.

2) Beginning this Tuesday, I am offering a new prize challenge for everyone. You are responsible for keeping track of your # of cals burned each day(Tuesday through Monday) and the person that burns the most for the week will get a $10 gift certificate for amazon.com compliments of Scott and I.

3) I need some suggestions for other prize challenges and how to divide up the money if people agree to the final prize thing. I was thinking like 7 or 8 dollars toward the final prize and the rest to help with some other prizes. Or, if anyone would be willing to donate a prize for a challenge that would be awesome too!

Let me know what you think...I need input. And Kim, Scott told me to tell you he's going whip your *kitten* in the calorie burn challenge next week!
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    I'm very disappointed in how I've been slacking lately. So much personal stuff... this week alone I hit a deer with my car, my son was the object of some ridiculous bullying at school, our furnace died and my work load has quadrupled. I'm frustrated by life in general and have been hitting the Halloween candy way too hard. And exercise has not found it's way into my schedule. I need a new plan. As I"m going to be working mega hours throughout the month of November, I am unsure how I'm going to fit it in. I did see something about a zumba class at the local fire company on Monday night. I'd have to leave work on time and work from home later, but it might be worth it. Only 5 bucks for an hour. I've never done zumba, but could be a fun thing to try... Anyone else tried it? I really want to get back into the swing of things. 2 weeks with no exercise is NOT good for me!!!
    Anyway, sorry for the whining... on another note, I am willing to contribute to the grand prize (nice idea, Brandi).

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Melanie
  • kimcat73
    Options
    I love the idea of a calorie burn challenge and will be more than happy to contribute to the final prize, great idea Brandi! I might have some books and videos to donate for a prize that I no longer use, if you're interested:)

Let's see, goals .....

1) Stop eating CANDY!!!!!
    2) Make a doctor's appointment to get my knees checked out ... too much pain lately:( I fear the damage has been done from 30 years of carrying extra weight and I need to find out what we can do about it so I don't have to give up my passion for exercise
    3) Stop finding excuses to splurge - yes, I've lost 97 pounds, that is no excuse to let myself slide on my food choices

And Scott, as far as the calorie burn challenge - BRING IT! :D LOL